Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

We were booked on the April 15, 2022 TP out of Brisbane to Hawaii on the Radiance.  I just got this from my TA.  While I am ok with the change of date to April 11 and the ship change, I am disappointed in losing the NZ ports:

We hope this email finds you and your family healthy and well.

Over the next few weeks, we'll be making schedule and itinerary adjustments to some of our late 2021 and early 2022 sailings for six of our ships. These changes are being made after tapping into market research as well as listening to feedback and input from guests and trade partners on opportunities for new adventures. But most importantly, we are applying the best available public health, science and engineering insights to deliver a safe and healthy cruise vacation. Regrettably, as a result of these shifts, your clients' Radiance of the Seas cruise has been cancelled.

The good news is, our sister ship, Quantum of the Seas, is heading to Brisbane, Australia! The even better news? She'll sail around the same time as your clients' original cruise and will visit similar destinations! So, starting October 21st, 2020, to make this transition easier, we're automatically moving them to the April 11th, 2022 Quantum of the Seas 16-night Transpacific sailing.

While we know they'll have a great time onboard Quantum of the Seas, their vacation is important to us, along with providing them the flexibility to make the best decision for them and those in their party. Below, we've outlined their options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay onboard the Quantumof the Seascruise

• We're automatically moving them to the Quantum of the Seas sailing departing on April 11th, 2022.
  • Their current cruise fare paid will be price protected or reduced to the prevailing cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If they were already paid in full and their cruise fare rate decreases, we'll provide them with a refund if there is any difference in pricing. They can expect to receive their refund to their original form of payment 45 days after we move them. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on their financial institution.
  • Plus, we'll provide them with an Onboard Credit valued at a $50 USD for Interior and Ocean View staterooms or $100 USD for Balcony staterooms and Suites - because we know they were looking forward to sailing on a Radiance-class ship.
  • And, if they booked their airfare through Royal Caribbean International, we will reschedule their flight for them. However, if they booked on their own, please contact the service provider directly for their options with them.
  • Lastly, your commission will be protected

Option 2: If they choose to cancel, they'll receive:

• We'll process a full refund of any paid portion of their cruise fare to the original form(s) of payment for this booking, including any non-refundable deposit.
  • Any pre-paid amenities will be refunded to the original form of payment.
    • They can expect to receive their refund 45 days after their reservation is cancelled. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on their financial institution.
  • And, if they booked their airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to them. However, if they booked on their own, please contact the service provider directly for their options with them.
  • If you would like to cancel their reservation now, CLICK HERE by October 30th, 2020 to avoid waiting on the phone. Once their request is submitted, we will get the refund process started for you.
  • Lastly, you'll receive protected commission if the booking is paid in full only.

There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting a whole season of sailings and rebooking all guests, so please bear with us as we work to make this process as easy as possible for you and your clients. All moves will be completed by the below dates:

• October 30th, 2020 for individual bookings
  • November 18th, 2020 for named group bookings
  • December 2nd, 2020 for unnamed group bookings
Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

2 hours ago, internetwhiz said:

This is Likely why those are gone. This was sent to folks in Australia today. 

DC79664E-541B-41D7-B733-E3329853EF6D.jpeg

136825FB-45A3-44C4-B8C7-E2A9766F03FF.jpeg

LOL.  I almost spit my drink out when I saw this!  I spent a fair amount of time a couple weeks ago lifting and shifting 4 reservations from Enchantment, February 2021 to Freedom, January 2022.  Three  on one sailing and then 1 on the following sailing.  Just got all the cabins exactly where I wanted them last week.  I guess I will get to start over again soon!  I just hope they keep the itineraries - at least close to the same.  

25 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Yes, this will change to Explorer.

So I will need to change my cabin ... and wait to see this change posted before I can do that ..My B2B on Freedom has disappeared from the website ....Thanks

Edited by Ashland

41 minutes ago, kelitino said:

LOL.  I almost spit my drink out when I saw this!  I spent a fair amount of time a couple weeks ago lifting and shifting 4 reservations from Enchantment, February 2021 to Freedom, January 2022.  Three  on one sailing and then 1 on the following sailing.  Just got all the cabins exactly where I wanted them last week.  I guess I will get to start over again soon!  I just hope they keep the itineraries - at least close to the same.  

Ditto.  I L&S'd five weeks from Enchantment to Freedom.  Got confirmations for 4 and the 5th is still pending.  Now I know why.  I'm also involved with Radiance being dropped in Brisbane.  I had b3b on her in March-April 2022.  Can't win for losing.

4 hours ago, internetwhiz said:

I’m wondering if they are converting back to other tastes. There are two TP segments without passengers, in April 2021 Eastbound, and in late September 2021 Westbound to Honolulu. Fifteen days without pax Eastbound, and 10 days without pax’s Westbound. You can see the gaps in the photos below. I hope that means for our 2022 cruises, they will have completed that. What else can the gaps be?

1AE3FB7F-B83C-49E3-ACC0-25D86B77EA8C.png

455CDCF3-EF21-4D2B-87D9-A57F451EE0BC.png

Even though the scanner site has a gap between April 25, 2021 and May 10, 2021, on Royal's site you can book the segment.

15 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

Ditto.  I L&S'd five weeks from Enchantment to Freedom.  Got confirmations for 4 and the 5th is still pending.  Now I know why.  I'm also involved with Radiance being dropped in Brisbane.  I had b3b on her in March-April 2022.  Can't win for losing.

Oh my!  My head is spinning just thinking about organizing/reorganizing/re-reorganizing all those sailings!  I usually love planning and organizing all my trips but this is getting too much like work!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kelitino said:

Oh my!  My head is spinning just thinking about organizing/reorganizing/re-reorganizing all those sailings!  I usually love planning and organizing all my trips but this is getting too much like work!

Totally agree!!!

Rc deployed ships. That happens. Quantum TP and Radiance TP affected, April 2022. All they did to Quantum was change the departure port to Brisbane. Same date, same ship. So we get a letter cancelling Quantum TP with no option to move to the new sailing at Brisbane, they just cancelled ours. Only option, re-book at prevailing prices with 100 obc for our trouble.

With Radiance TP cancellation, they tell them them can move over to the Quantum 4.11.22 from Brisbane, and they’ll do it automatically for them. They get Our ship, our sail date-just from Brisbane rather than Sydney. It would have worked for me. But noooo

Such a slap in the face. I haven’t been so angry in a long time. 

Edited by internetwhiz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, internetwhiz said:

Rc deployed ships. That happens. Quantum TP and Radiance TP affected, April 2022. All they did to Quantum was change the departure port to Brisbane. Same date, same ship. So we get a letter cancelling Quantum TP with no option to move to the new sailing at Brisbane, they just cancelled ours. Only option, re-book at prevailing prices with 100 obc for our trouble.

With Radiance TP cancellation, they tell them them can move over to the Quantum 4.11.22 from Brisbane, and they’ll do it automatically for them. They get Our ship, our sail date-just from Brisbane rather than Sydney. It would have worked for me. But noooo

Don't blame you at all for being angry. We were on Radiance HNL - Brisbane 9/21/21. Option offered to us is to transfer to either Ovation or Serenade at PREVAILING RATES and get a whopping $50/Balcony OBC or $100/Suite OBC or we can get any $$ on the ressie refunded. Not a happy camper either. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, internetwhiz said:

Yep.  It seems you all got the short end of the stick. I would be very angry, too.  I was very surprised to see that you didn't have the option.   For those of us who had booked the Radiance (thank goodness!) it looks like it has worked out.  Hopefully the itinerary will include the New Zealand ports, which is why we booked The Radiance instead of the Quantum in the first place.  I do hope you are able to join us, though.  I would love to see you again on the Quantum!  

42 minutes ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

Yep.  It seems you all got the short end of the stick. I would be very angry, too.  I was very surprised to see that you didn't have the option.   For those of us who had booked the Radiance (thank goodness!) it looks like it has worked out.  Hopefully the itinerary will include the New Zealand ports, which is why we booked The Radiance instead of the Quantum in the first place.  I do hope you are able to join us, though.  I would love to see you again on the Quantum!  

It looks to me that Radiance and Quantum TP's were both cancelled.  Only TP is Ovation leaving on 10 April???  🍷

3 hours ago, internetwhiz said:

I really hope that after all is said and done that RC does the right thing and offer all the people that was booked on the original Quantaum TP the same option as those on the Radiance. Some times it takes RC a couple of days to realize that they screwed up again.Were pulling for all the Quantaum people to be able to join us. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

It looks to me that Radiance and Quantum TP's were both cancelled.  Only TP is Ovation leaving on 10 April???  🍷

Some people have received emails stating that we will be given the option of taking the Quantaum TP out of Brisbane.

No itinerary has been posted yet just an email saying we would be automatically changed to the Quantaum TP but

can opt out of it for a full refund.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

Nope.  See the letter I posted.  The Quantum TP was switched to Brisbane on April 11, 2011 and we were all shifted automatically to that cruise.

1 hour ago, mattymay said:

You can't book the Brisbane Quantum TP yet. Maybe they will give the Sydney customers a chance to switch as well before opening it up.

We are hoping they get the same option. That would be the fair thing to do. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Don't blame you at all for being angry. We were on Radiance HNL - Brisbane 9/21/21. Option offered to us is to transfer to either Ovation or Serenade at PREVAILING RATES and get a whopping $50/Balcony OBC or $100/Suite OBC or we can get any $$ on the ressie refunded. Not a happy camper either. 

Maybe your TA can get you moved idk but sounds kinda like when they canc jewel and moved explorer people to jewel and just left jewel folks with no options. Not a good way to operate.

Hope you can get some options. .including price protected. If you have a TA see if he can work some magic.

15 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

These are the poorest RCCL customer service decisions I've seen in a long time.  I don't know how they justify not protecting your Radiance price.  And won't they need to have Quantum do a TP to Brisbane?  I hope they find a way to put the Quantum SYD-HNL people on the Brisbane itinerary and protect their prices.  

• Like 4