The Daily for Friday Aug 14, 2020

richwmn

7 hours ago, richwmn said:

As of today Cruise Mappers transferred Amsterdam and Rotterdam to Fred Olsen Lines, so they will no longer appear on the maps

Farewell! Amsterdam was my favorite. I could never pinpoint why exactly. It was just a feeling that I immediately felt like I was home. I was looking forward to going in Rotterdam in 2021. I am really disappointed that will never happen. 

• Like 4

Good afternoon to all those on the Daily post! LOL on the quote, Rich. I like creamsicles, lamb not so much. Thanks to Roy for the Care List, and to Joy for the amusement.

@dfish, we had that happen to us one time. There was water on the floor and then.....nothing. I did buy a new set last year and I love how the washer spins the clothes almost dry. So fast for the dryer to do its thing. We have a 31 year old dishwasher that cleans soooo well. When the spring went in the spring, I debated about replacing the dishwasher, but decided to pay the $100 to have that spring fixed. That will give me some time to do some heavy research.

Enjoy the day! Enjoy the sunshine! Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Blessings to all.

• Like 4

I was in the middle of reading The Daily yesterday when my DD called to say she was in the area and wanted to come by to say Hi with her SO and son (our 6 yr old grandson) for only 15 minutes. Well 15 minutes turned into an hour so I didn’t read all the posts until now. Missed out on Prosecco!

Also we had a nice monsoon storm. Much needed because this has become the “Nonsoon”. Officially it has been the driest monsoon ever recorded so far. After a 111 degree day it was lovely to have a full rainbow. Pictures aren’t too great because I had to take them from the back patio over the neighbors house.

Adjustments.JPG
IMG_5780.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

We have a 31 year old dishwasher that cleans soooo well. When the spring went in the spring, I debated about replacing the dishwasher, but decided to pay the $100 to have that spring fixed.

If it’s any help, my friends recommended the Bosch dishwasher and it’s incredible.  We love it.  So quiet and does a fantastic job.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kazu said:

All the S Class ships have left the fleet.  What is left are the Zaandam & Volendam  which are R Class ships, I believe 😉 

Jacque:  Have the Maasdam and Veendam left the fleet.  Have the new owners taken over these last two S Class ships?

3 hours ago, summer slope said:

Our neighbor had a rough night, the hospital told her family there was nothing else they could do.  It's in HIS hands now.

My heart just sank when I read this - please know I'm adding my prayers to those already doing so.  If you will, please your neighbour's family know we are praying for all of them.

Smooth Sailing!

Gerry

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

One thing I almost missed on a pair we were considering was how deep the tub on the washer was. When I pretended to load both being considered in the showroom I realized I could not reach the back and bottom of the tub on one of them. My arms just were not long enough.

Me too! Our new house already had the appliances. When I saw the washer and deep tub, I groaned. The Whirlpool washers are not meant to last long, that's how Maytag went out of business. Our Maytag lasted through my entire childhood and my parents had it long after I left.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Himself said:

Jacque:  Have the Maasdam and Veendam left the fleet.  Have the new owners taken over these last two S Class ships?

Good evening Father. They have been sold, but until turned over to the new owners, Rich promised to leave them on his Daily.

Joy

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dfish said:

More sunsets from South Haven, Michigan.   The first is a better shot of the sailboat from last night's photo.  

Sue 078 (2).JPG

Sue 084 (2).JPG

Yippee 🥳👏👏👏👏👏👏

Love them! Big smile right now! To me being at the water means everything for me! Grew up a water baby and still am! 
Thanks dfish!

Mahlo🌺

Denise😊

• Like 6

Here they are Roy! I was able to get a view from our place where Black Rock is! That is the Sheraton!! We stayed there OMGOSH I was with Baby Shawn at the time ! Just found out we were pregnant! 
43 years ago! LOL.

Having what we call here poo poos! Appetizers! But David took the picture of my glass! LOL

Denise😊

Hope I can get the pictures on here!

image.thumb.jpeg.6ab55140b029dbb420c01b92b06a2f93.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9facd93ddb6050683bd8bd6c539fa140.jpeg 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, kazu said:

If it’s any help, my friends recommended the Bosch dishwasher and it’s incredible.  We love it.  So quiet and does a fantastic job.

Thank you kazu. I'll make sure it is on the list.

Thanks for the Panama updates, Roy!

Debbie that is some sunset! 🤩

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dismomx5 said:

Thank you kazu. I'll make sure it is on the list.

Thanks for the Panama updates, Roy!

Debbie that is some sunset! 🤩

We have a Bosch dishwasher also and ours is fantastic also! We bought ours in 2014! No problems 

Denise😊

• Like 3

Thanks for the update, Rich.

Roy, thanks for the photos of the  "Gulf Bridge " transiting the Panama canal.

Today, another 7 cases of covid-19 , all connected to the original cluster.

All workers connected to the ports of Auckland and Tauranga are being tested. 

• Like 1