What is it going to take to get you back on board?

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Let's hope you don't get run over you a drunken driver!

Now over 170,000 deaths in USA

How many of those 170,000 were fit and healthy under 50 year olds out of your population of 328million?

How many of the that tiny total of 170,000 was over 75 or had underlying health conditions?

🙄

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

I need a Gangway down to the pier to get back on board.

I´m much more worried about flying right now than going on a cruise. So right now I chose cruises I can drive to. 

On a ship it´s easy to social distance, not so much on a plane. Many currently sailing ships have good hygiene concepts and I feel safe going.

I do not think it needs a vaccine to restart cruising. I also don´t think it needs covid testing, as those tests are not giving a real safety. I can be negative tested upon boarding but still could be positive ue to exposure on the way to the pier. I don´t say don´t test, but I say don´t rely on the result. 

I have no problem wearing a mask and social distance. 

Looking forward to my next cruise in 4 weeks.

Good luck with the 4 weeks.  Don’t see it happening if you leaving from us.

• Like 2

1.  When we don't have to wear a mask on the ship.  Period.

2.  When we don't have to be on a ship excursion to get off at port.

3.  When most or all of the "social distancing" and other restrictions to venues, dining and activities are a thing of the past.

4.  When the possibility of being locked up on a quarantined prison ship is gone for good.

Good thing we did 6 weeks of cruising last winter, we might not be back on board for quite some time 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bigrednole said:
  1. A cruise ship that can load passengers in a US port
  2. A cruise ship that can return the passengers to a US port
  3. Guarantee of no 14-day mandatory quarantine in a "prison"
  4. A cruise that can sail when we can travel

+1.

Same in Southampton or Barcelona for us.

Edited by grapau27

In the UK people got 5 hours notice to get home from Spain otherwise they had to quarantine for 14 days.

Edited by grapau27

11 minutes ago, compman9 said:

How many of the that tiny total of 170,000 was over 75 or had underlying health conditions?

🙄

"Tiny total of 170.000?"

Really?

I see you're British so let me give you something to ponder.  WWII caused horrendous loss of life in England.  On the home front, you suffered from bombings that seemed virtually endless.  So a question, how many British civilians were killed during World War II?  Was it a "tiny" number?

My guess is that you would reply that it certainly was not "tiny."

Well, you lost 70,000 civilians during the war.  That is absolutely horrible.  Now compare that to the 170,000 Americans we have lost.   Nuf said!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

The wedding we are going to is also outside and so is the everything else.  There will be a tent with socially distanced tables with assigned seating, trying to keep households together.  Masks are required for all.  The whole event is only going to be less than three hours but it is what they want to do.  One is a second year resident and the other a first year resident and they know they will not have any time off for many years.  They are also having the wedding on Zoom for all those who can no longer attend.  

I hope they will be doing this the right way.The bride to be is an RN in a hospital in NYC

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yogimax said:

"Tiny total of 170.000?"

Really?

I see you're British so let me give you something to ponder.  WWII caused horrendous loss of life in England.  On the home front, you suffered from bombings that seemed virtually endless.  So a question, how many British civilians were killed during World War II?  Was it a "tiny" number?

Well, you lost 70,000 civilians during the war.  That is absolutely horrible.  Now compare that to the 170,000 Americans we have lost.   Nuf said!

Absolutely agree.

1 death is awful and causes grief to a family.

170,000 is horrible and heartbreaking for all these families.

Currently over 41,000 UK deaths from Coronavirus.

Graham.

• Like 4

Us too.  👍

43 minutes ago, compman9 said:

How many of those 170,000 were fit and healthy under 50 year olds out of your population of 328million?

🙄

Your right in that most of those who have succumbed are older and have underlying health conditions.

Does this make you immune?  No. This doesn't mean that someone who is under 50 will not catch the virus.  It also doesn't mean that they won't pass it on to other friends and family members who are members of a vulnerable group. 

Also consider, up until this point, medical services in most countries have done a miraculous job of keeping on top of this and keeping most people who became inflicted alive.  [Most people don't appreciate what health care (especially nurses) have done to mitigate the number of deaths.]  However, if poor social practices continue there will come a point where the health care systems (including NHS) will be overrun (as they were in NYC), and the systems won't be able to support the number of cases.  This is when those under 50 will be no different from people with underlying conditions and the death rate will climb significantly.

I hope it doesn't come to this but there is a very good chance it will.

Here's hoping everyone remains healthy, there is a solution for this soon, and we'll all return one day for a cruise vacation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JT1962 said:

We will not cruise until there have been at least 3 months of multiple ships cruising without any ships quarantining the entire ship if they have one positive test on board. We are more concerned about being stuck in our room for 14 days because of one positive test than we are of getting the virus since we are relatively low risk for major health issues.

Our plan also.

32 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

Your right in that most of those who have succumbed are older and have underlying health conditions.

Does this make you immune?  No. This doesn't mean that someone who is under 50 will not catch the virus.  It also doesn't mean that they won't pass it on to other friends and family members who are members of a vulnerable group. 

Also consider, up until this point, medical services in most countries have done a miraculous job of keeping on top of this and keeping most people who became inflicted alive.  [Most people don't appreciate what health care (especially nurses) have done to mitigate the number of deaths.]  However, if poor social practices continue there will come a point where the health care systems (including NHS) will be overrun (as they were in NYC), and the systems won't be able to support the number of cases.  This is when those under 50 will be no different from people with underlying conditions and the death rate will climb significantly.

I hope it doesn't come to this but there is a very good chance it will.

Here's hoping everyone remains healthy, there is a solution for this soon, and we'll all return one day for a cruise vacation.

+1

19 minutes ago, George C said:

We will cruise when it’s safe enough to fly without a mask and cruise without a mask. Hopefully this will be in time for our April cruise. 

I hope you're able to go, but I fear the masks are here to stay well into next year.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Airbear232 said:

Good luck with the 4 weeks.  Don’t see it happening if you leaving from us.

Thanks, of course I´m not sailing from the US. Nothing is set in stone these days, but I´m very confident it will happen, as this ship / itinerary is running for several weeks already. No guarantees of course and tomorrow something could happen, but I see no reason to be pessimistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, compman9 said:

🙄

And how many of those people didn't even die from COVID at all?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

Not only that but it is expected to start getting even worse for the fall.  People, especially in the states, have been very bad at being socially responsible.  

It's NOT supposed to get worse this fall, they are saying hospitals have seasonal flu people AND now covid people THIS fall, that is WHAT IS worse.

You must have misspoke and forget the word "SOME" 

BECAUSE SOME of the people in the U.S. ARE being responsible

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

"Tiny total of 170.000?"

Really?

Population of England then was 46 million. We need to hit 500,000 to equal their looses as a percent.

Actually the number is 67,000 and is over 6 years plus includes deaths from the colonies.

Deaths fro the 'Blitz' are around 43,000

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, compman9 said:

🙄

Data is a week old, drops significantly for those younger

Screenshot_20200817-152658_Google.thumb.jpg.f7d4588e20c00f506547894f69622522.jpg

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Population of England then was 46 million. We need to hit 500,000 to equal their looses as a percent 

WW II lasted 6 years. COVID deaths in the US have been going on for 5 months. Unfortunately we could equal their percentage in a year. But maybe it will magically disappear.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TravelerThom said:

WW II lasted 6 years. COVID deaths in the US have been going on for 5 months. Unfortunately we could equal their percentage in a year. But maybe it will magically disappear.  

Vast majority of deaths occurred over an 8 month window.

So, we need to double current deaths in 3 months to keep up with the Blitz death percentage 

Edited by John&LaLa