Feel a little silly but booked excursions

rcandkc

We have a May 31, 2021 cruise booked.  Replaces similar June cruise canceled.  We don’t really know if it will happen so hard to get excited about booking excursions.  We decided to be optimistic and book and hope for the best.  

• Like 1

We're right in there with you.....we're on the Splendor TA which, is likely to be canceled well before yours, and yes, we booked excursions...We're hoping for the best as well, but in the meantime, we can all play cruise/excursion "movies" in our heads!

4 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

We have a May 31, 2021 cruise booked.  Replaces similar June cruise canceled.  We don’t really know if it will happen so hard to get excited about booking excursions.  We decided to be optimistic and book and hope for the best.  

Did you book all six segments?  We have completed excursions for first two segments and then a few of the later ones; still have a lot to book.

Marc

3 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Did you book all six segments?  We have completed excursions for first two segments and then a few of the later ones; still have a lot to book.

Marc

We can’t be gone that long..our dog Chili would be very unhappy.  We are only booked on first segment.  All six do sound wonderful..especially right now.  Very tired of home. 

Edited by rcandkc
Spelling

We've chosen and booked excursions on three cancelled cruises now with another "in the balance".  It's a flight of fancy but there is a grain of fun to be had imagining what we *might* do, given the chance!   The first cancellation had been booked for a l-o-n-g time and we'd put a great deal of thought and effort into researching our choices.  So much so that, I forget that we didn't actually go to those places 😉

We can all dream. 😎

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gilly said:

We've chosen and booked excursions on three cancelled cruises now with another "in the balance".  It's a flight of fancy but there is a grain of fun to be had imagining what we *might* do, given the chance!   The first cancellation had been booked for a l-o-n-g time and we'd put a great deal of thought and effort into researching our choices.  So much so that, I forget that we didn't actually go to those places 😉

We can all dream. 😎

Yes we can!......Dreaming of what the 2023 WC itinerary will look like. We had so much fun in "18! I hope it will be different and exciting and a whole world cruise! 

For the present...the bookings are open for our 2/5 on the Splendor, but I have not even looked. I guess I should though just for the fun of it. 

We are working on a RV trip out west when it gets cooler if we don't get blown away with two storms heading our way for next week. We are self contained so we can kept our distance and wear mask when we are out. That should help with the cabin fever.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cwn said:

Yes we can!......Dreaming of what the 2023 WC itinerary will look like. We had so much fun in "18! I hope it will be different and exciting and a whole world cruise! 

For the present...the bookings are open for our 2/5 on the Splendor, but I have not even looked. I guess I should though just for the fun of it. 

We are working on a RV trip out west when it gets cooler if we don't get blown away with two storms heading our way for next week. We are self contained so we can kept our distance and wear mask when we are out. That should help with the cabin fever.

We live in Texas too.  We have a second home on coast that got damaged by Hurricane Harvey almost exactly 3 years ago. Condo building still fighting insurance company.  Hope not a second “Harvey”!

52 minutes ago, xrvlcruiser said:

I'm watching the hurricanes too . . . .

And - back to the subject of this thread - I booked tours on b2b Alaska trips in July.

Peggy

You may be in luck if you don't mind wearing a mask. We love cruising in Alaska.

I really don't think cruises will be going by our Feb one, even if they are, my DH won't be sailing if they are requiring masks, at east at this point. That is our choice of course, but the mask is not luxury for us so we will just wait and see.

If Canada opens by summer, we may drive the RV to Alaska again. Maybe see you in the Red Dog Saloon!

Carolyn 

• Like 1

Carolyn,

I don't mind the mask so that wouldn't kee

22 minutes ago, cwn said:

You may be in luck if you don't mind wearing a mask. We love cruising in Alaska.

I really don't think cruises will be going by our Feb one, even if they are, my DH won't be sailing if they are requiring masks, at east at this point. That is our choice of course, but the mask is not luxury for us so we will just wait and see.

If Canada opens by summer, we may drive the RV to Alaska again. Maybe see you in the Red Dog Saloon!

Carolyn

I don't mind a mask so that wouldn't keep me from sailing.

Carolyn,

I'm supposed to sail the end of this year - probably not gonna happen - and in January. Time will tell . . .

I'll look for you in Juneau!

Peggy

Edited by xrvlcruiser
  • Like 1

We operate as if everything we have planned will happen because, while we expect we won't be on some of the earlier cruises & tours (unless something truly miraculous happens!), we equally don't know when we'll be on our first trip after this hiatus...and want to be ready.

• Like 3

Early this month my husband and I booked excursions for our April 2 2021 cruise on the Navigator.

We don’t think it is going to happen, but we WANT it to happen so much. It was fun picking our excursions but also a little wistful planning out all the fun we hope to have.  Husband printed us out a little “itinerary” of everything we planned like we always do prior to a cruise.

I mean, it COULD happen? I understand numbers in the USA are finally trending downward.

I so hope we can go!  What else can I say.  I also hope we don’t lose a lot of money for not requesting full refund of canceled June cruise and instead fcc booking future cruise.  But most of all I want this behind all of us with all safe and Regent still there when we can all enjoy again. 

• Like 3

We have not only booked our excursions of March and August cruises, but we just booked our air for August as well.  It makes me feel like at least we are getting closer.  I don't hold out great hopes of any of these actually materializing, but I hold out my greatest hope for our Regent WC in January of 2022.

Norma

We have happily booked excursions for two cruises, and in September will book ones for a  b-to-b. We are well aware that this is “magical thinking,” but it is fun to do. Besides, maybe something wonderful will happen, and we will actually sail on at least one of these!

• Like 2

I have started reviewing the excursions for our Sept 2021 cruise so i will be ready to book when the date comes around.  Even started looking at flight options for deviation or for booking our flight home with points. This may be the first Regent cruise where we don't do included air but that will be dependent on what kind of refund or points refund we can get in case the cruise is canceled by Regent.  We have points we want to use and the air credit is a good reduction in the cruise fare. 

We have only a 1 way flight to worry about on this cruise. 

Hey guys start thinking positive.  There will be a vaccine for next year.  We have two cruises booked in 2021 as we had to cancel the ones booked for this year.  The first is close to the end of May on the Voyager to the Holy Lands and the second in Dec to South Africa.  These are 2 places we have wanted to go and I am so positive that we will be on both of these cruises.  Positivity

makes good things happen.  We are so ready to get out of this heat here in Texas and begin cruising again.  Put on that positive hat. We have booked excursions for the May cruise and also the pre cruise stay in Jerusalem.  Looking forward to booking the Africa excursions as we are doing pre cruise and post cruise.

Kandy 

Edited by jhenry1

Just done our excursions for May 2021 Southampton to Southampton on Splendour: hopeful as only an hour from Southampton and so no flights etc to deal with and car to ship and return

Seems a little strange with infection rates rising in France and Spain to think about this, but it is 40 weeks on.........

If we are not back to cruising then I fear for Regent and the Cruise industry?

Interesting to know Guenseycruiser's thoughts on stopping at Guernsey next May and whether they will want people coming in to a covid free island?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

Just done our excursions for May 2021 Southampton to Southampton on Splendour: hopeful as only an hour from Southampton and so no flights etc to deal with and car to ship and return

Seems a little strange with infection rates rising in France and Spain to think about this, but it is 40 weeks on.........

If we are not back to cruising then I fear for Regent and the Cruise industry?

Interesting to know Guenseycruiser's thoughts on stopping at Guernsey next May and whether they will want people coming in to a covid free island?

Virtually all cruises were cancelled this year along with many flights. The only places we’ve been able to go are Southampton (presumably medical reasons) and recently the Isle of Man, also Covid free.

It would be true to say that I wouldn’t be looking to have any cruise ships just yet because our small hospital would probably not cope. We have had excellent advice from our Director of Public Health but she is a virologist and should know her stuff. The only thorn in the backside is the economy and in particular the tourist trade which has been the hardest hit. I suppose that there has to be a balance between economy and being Covid free. I know which I prefer. 

We too have booked out tours for our March/April cruise next year, but are now wondering after Cunards announcement if other cruise lines will follow suit. I personally applaud them for making this decision as us, as cruiser know where we stand in advance and it stops all the speculation.