Boarding Times Delayed on Harmony

48 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

It's listed at $15.99 per day on our November 38 Grandeur cruise. We bought it a while back at $12.99 a  day.  If the cruise happens, the key might be more valuable than we thought.

Isn't that the truth. You got a great price as well. 

8 hours ago, molly361 said:

If true it's going to be interesting to see how that works.  What happens to all the folks that have to check out of hotels at 11am?  Where do the ones that fly in the day of and arrive 8 or 9am go?  Do they sit at the airport for hours?  Guess time will tell

No flights, and no hotels 😉

Drive in only solves thst problem

I read on FB a French couple tested positive for Covid when boarding MSC. Not only were they denied boarding, but everyone on their shared shuttle was denied as well.

No idea if the story is accurate, but its something to think about

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I read on FB a French couple tested positive for Covid when boarding MSC. Not only were they denied boarding, but everyone on their shared shuttle was denied as well.

Wow, if that's true, it will make people rethink using shuttles.  We always take our own car except in NJ.  We take Amtrak there and get a car service.  For FL we use the auto train and we drive to Baltimore.   Of course, we're now not scheduled to cruise til May since we cancelled our Nov Harmony b2b already. 

2 hours ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

It's listed at $15.99 per day on our November 38 Grandeur cruise. We bought it a while back at $12.99 a  day.  If the cruise happens, the key might be more valuable than we thought.

That about sums up the likelihood of your cruise occurring. 

• Haha 3

Very interesting thread. It appears that perhaps check in/boarding could  be delayed till the mid afternoon.  Regarding those with check in times, I didn’t think loyalty status mattered for the specific check in time. There was always a hierarchy of the actual boarding for those who were already checked in, and I imagine there will be some similar process.  It was something like B2B, full suite/pinnacle, key, D+ , D  and so on down. I may have mixed up the order, and sometimes it changes from cruise to cruise. 

We have B2B on November 29 and then December 6. (quite honestly I didn’t expect either cruise to sail). Check in is not available for either  cruise yet It will be interesting to see what happens on the B2B turnaround day.   

19 minutes ago, BND said:

Wow, if that's true, it will make people rethink using shuttles.  We always take our own car except in NJ.  We take Amtrak there and get a car service.  For FL we use the auto train and we drive to Baltimore.   Of course, we're now not scheduled to cruise til May since we cancelled our Nov Harmony b2b already. 

I can't seem to validate anything

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I read on msc forum there was 5 of them denied boarding and the 1 person had tested positive for both the rapid salvia and the nasal swab tests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, molly361 said:

If true it's going to be interesting to see how that works.  What happens to all the folks that have to check out of hotels at 11am?  Where do the ones that fly in the day of and arrive 8 or 9am go?  Do they sit at the airport for hours?  Guess time will tell

Been lucky over the years and found Hotels for early check in(11-12). Funny thing is many my Hotels would allow late as 3pm for checkout, though never needed it before...always at the Pier by 10:15am. Guess if ever had deal with these extended ship times I'd pay extra nite/day at Hotel and relax 

Edited by ONECRUISER

8 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

After reading your post, I completed my online check-in for the November 1st sailing on Harmony. IF we sail, we will be one of the first from Royal to sail. 2:30 was the first boarding time I could sign up for.  

I just finished our check-in for the same cruise, Harmony Nov 1, and 2:30 was the earliest boarding time.  And as you said, "IF we sail"

• Like 1

We were alway able to check out of the hotel and leave our luggage with the concierge when we left from Puerto Rico. We would sit around the pool and enjoy a cocktail or walk around town or have lunch before we checked in for the cruise. We hate standing in line with our nose pressed against the door before they let you in. Even when we drove to Cape Liberty we arrived after 11:00 am and walked right up to the desk to check in.  I wonder how long it's going to take now before the rooms are ready. 

The first ships that set sail in the USA, will be dramatically different than what you are accustomed to.  Different ways to check in, board, social distance, food, and just about everything else.  People will adapt, because when you see that ship, and you are getting on it, you will be ok.  Hotels and flights, you will adapt.  I would rather have the crew have an extra 4 hours to clean than worry about checking out of an hotel.   I would bet that hotels near the cruise ship, will even adapt to changes to allow later check outs on busier days.  Just be happy, and go with the flow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I read on msc forum there was 5 of them denied boarding and the 1 person had tested positive for both the rapid salvia and the nasal swab tests.

Sorry I had a typo it was 15 people from the shuttle/van that were denied boarding because the 16th person had tested positive twice.  Imo MSC did the right thing by not letting those that had exposure to an infected person but feel bad for those denied.

All the more reason to drive yourself to port and not use shuttle buses or other mass transportation.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Wonder how you would/will get your luggage back if denied boarding and your luggage has been dropped off

I either read or watched on one of the many videos posted on the MSC cruises happening now that your luggage goes onto a cart and that cart does not move along until you pass their rapid saliva test.  If you pass then your luggage moves thru the process and is sprayed with their disinfectant. 

With limited passengers and everyone having an exact time to arrive at the port they do not have the overwhelming task of everyone's luggage being dumped on them all at once.  

They are also requesting passengers to have minimal amount of personal belongings on them too to avoid contact with security personnel.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I either read or watched on one of the many videos posted on the MSC cruises happening now that your luggage goes onto a cart and that cart does not move along until you pass their rapid saliva test.  If you pass then your luggage moves thru the process and is sprayed with their disinfectant. 

With limited passengers and everyone having an exact time to arrive at the port they do not have the overwhelming task of everyone's luggage being dumped on them all at once.  

They are also requesting passengers to have minimal amount of personal belongings on them too to avoid contact with security personnel.

That all sounds reasonable, but for some reason I don’t think Royal Caribbean customers would put up with such rules. After all it is their cruise......

m

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They maybe the same ones that deviated from the MSC sponsored tours and were denied boarding.

If our cruises go in November, and that is really a big IF....should not be too many crowds, though if they are doing those instant tests for Covid...will slow up the lines big time I should think. 

This would be us waiting to board:

guinea pig | Diet, Life Span, & Facts | Britannica

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The same boarding time frame for our 11/13 vision cruise.  The 11/2 vision cruise shows check in is now closed.

I know they won’t sail but I found the 2 differences in check in strange.

6 hours ago, nelblu said:

They maybe the same ones that deviated from the MSC sponsored tours and were denied boarding.

I think you are referring to the family last week that deviated from a sponsored tour and was denied boarding. 

I am referring to another group that arrived at port on a shuttle bus / van (possibly from airport or train station) and had a total of 16 people on the van that were going to board the ship.     1 person tested positive and all 16 people were denied boarding.     Imagine that you just rode to the port with a complete stranger and find out you are denied boarding because you had close contact with him and may be infected.    Now you are angry and worried.   MSC did the right thing by denying all of the right to board.    It's nice to see they are strictly enforcing rules.   

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

If our cruises go in November, and that is really a big IF....should not be too many crowds, though if they are doing those instant tests for Covid...will slow up the lines big time I should think. 

This would be us waiting to board:

guinea pig | Diet, Life Span, & Facts | Britannica

I Love your Photo!

How MSC is working it with their current sailings and reserved time slots for all passengers boarding and performing rapid salvia tests seems to be working smoothly so far.    Just takes people to have patience and not be pushy.

• Like 1