9-10-20 Thursday Weigh-In...What A Crazy World Now...But We Can Still Lose Weight

Belle

What a crazy world right now

Wow wow wow

But we still can lose

Yes we can.. just have to choose

Don't think about our crazy world tomorrow or tonight

Think about what am I going eat everyday that's right

Exercise is a good thing for us to do each day

Only do it safely and only if you have good air...exercise in your own way

Voting, virus, fires, protesting., heat, and cold seems to be a way of life now

Wow wow wow

I know you really can not think about our world now but have think about our selves too

Have to be healthy for our self and our family's because things could go on for a year or two

I know some days are better than others to eat right with all of the news out there each day

Just as you know when we slip up we just have get right back on track right a way

So thinner and healthier is our goal  so have to try day by day  to get there without any pains

Wishing everyone a calm, peaceful day and hoping everyone has a loss or stays the same..no gains

• Like 1

I finally got off my duff and started this morning. I had planned to start on Sept 1, but found enough excuses to not start. Today marks 199 days til cruise day. I hope to drop 40lbs by then. Not because of the cruise, but because my doctor said I need to. I logged 8300 steps and 4 miles. I will be doing that 2x a day with resistance training during the middle of the day along with some yoga and planks. I think if I tried to do a plank right now, I would pass out. 

• Like 2

Good Morning!  Belle thanks for the poem!

Bigrednole - all the best in your decision to be healthier ... That is a lot of steps per day!

I am down 0.6# this morning, but that was what I was up last week ... that I was down the week before that ... Just the same old weight ... but, perhaps I can be down this week coming up.

Hope everyone is doing ok and is getting through this - Jan

Hello,

Belle, thanks for the poem. Hope you're all better.

BigRed, great you improving your health. Wish you the best in losing weight, getting healthy.

Jan, a loss is a loss.

I stayed the same. Happy I could do that over my bday.

We tried the gym yesterday (the only one in our area allowed to open). We've decided it's too far to go for regular visits. It's 45-60 roundtrip. So may only go 1-2 days a week. The gym close to our house is only 6 minutes roundtrip but in a different county with a worse virus load so not allowed to open.

Have a good day, Diana

Edited by winewanderer
  • Like 1

Thanks to everyone’s support.

Belle thanks for encouragement

1.8 loss this week ( makes up for no loss last week). 

Bigred -  I started  due to health scare(all is good).  You can meet your goal.  It is  1.5 lbs a week .   Set short term goals.  Get a healthy diet routine. ( I’m a sugar addict so had to get all temptation out of house).  

Jan -  slow and steady  is great 

Wine -  hang in there.

• Like 1

I didn't check in much last week - not sure what was going on. I think maybe the holiday threw me off - DH was off Friday through Monday for the holiday, so I'm sure that was it. I'm down .5 from last Thursday, and I'll happily take it with the upward trend I have been on since the beginning of June. It's just been creeping up slowly, but it needs to stop!

Belle - thanks for starting us

Bigrednole - Welcome!

Jan - This year's roller coaster is crazy!

Diana - Great staying the same over your birthday!

Izena - Great job! I saw in last week's post that you are in the Houston area. I grew up between Spring and Conroe.

• Like 1

Congrats to all who are taking control of their health, regardless of loss.

I forgot to weigh this morning, but have been trying to eat healthier after a not so healthy weekend 😮 Suspect a slight gain, but to be expected.

Weight training crossfit on the schedule for tonight, need to get back to working out at home too.

OK. I'm 'late.' Thank you Belle for wise words

It's been miserable weather here but I walk daily (except yesterday). Not as much as @bigrednole but something. 

Izena,  kudos on a 1.8 loss!!

Mel, all downs are good 👍 

Pacruiser, I think I've finally gotten into the amount of water you suggested several weeks back. THANK YOU! it helps

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Not as much as @bigrednole but something. 

Thank you. I am doing it for multiple reasons and appreciate the kind words. #1 I have to lose weight. I am 250. My heart rate was slightly high for my annual insurance exam. #2 I won't buy bigger clothes 🙂 #3 I promised my daughter I would start before our cruise and be more fit. #4 I want to be able to enjoy a long retirement so getting healthy is key now. I have eliminated all stress from my life, so focusing on mental and physical well being. #5 My friends have a weekly bet going until the end of the year. Everyone puts in $10. Each week you get 100,000 steps, you get to put a ticket in the pot. On January 1, we will draw a ticket for the entire pot. It'll be about $1,000 in the pot then. None of us will keep it for ourselves, but a nice single malt scotch will be shared most likely with a cigar.

I know I will never get up to my daughter's level. She is somewhere around 27 minutes on 5k. I am about 50 minutes. No running for me. If I am running, turn around and start because something is chasing me.

Edited by bigrednole

I don't run either. Hard on knees and I never really did. Hoping to fit into my dressy clothes before my next cruise as I can't justify buying more of something I only wear on a ship. (Navy dress which I wear a lot + sheer bejeweled capelet)

• Like 1

Good Afternoon All:classic_rolleyes:

Seems like everyone had a pretty good week. No gains so far.

BigRed...Glad you joined us. You plan lots of exercise in a day. Be careful.  See you every Thursday for weigh-ins

and any time you want to come in during the week and talk.  Keep up the good work.

Jan...Even if the same .6 your keeping control and not gaining more weight. A loss is a loss. You will lose more,

I know it just harder at this time.

Diana...Glad you had a nice Birthday and didn't have a gain. That's the best gift!  Sorry your gym is far away.

Hope the gym that is closer will open soon. (if it does.. bonus.. is means virus count down)

Izena...Great loss this week. Your eating and exercise is paying off. You did a great job getting all sugar out

of the house.  That took a lot of power.

Mel...You had a loss that's the main thing even if not checking in.  Had to be harder with husband home changes

your eating patterns.  You did good.

Pac...Hoping when you weigh you won't have a gain and if you do it will be small.  Do I say  "enjoy" your

weight training tonight or just say good job your going.

Ombud...Great job on walking everyday and drinking more water now. Didn't you say some clothes

fitting better all ready? Know you'll be good to wear your dress on the cruise.

Now me...You know I wasn't feeling well. Just didn't feel like eating, so I didn't eat much. (have to do it...

usually I want to eat to much) So of course I lost... 5 lbs.  Wish I could eat less all the time but need to be

healthy.  So hope when eating more some of it doesn't come back on.

Thank you all for the Well Wishes, yes feeling better.

Everyone have a good night, Friday and weekend.  Everyone stay safe from the virus where ever you are.

Calif., Oregon have many many fires..so lots of smoke for Calif and around...please be safe, breathing the air can be bad.

Those in Canada and other states you may have problems we don't know about, take care, you be safe too.

Will try to be in more this week, so come in and talk any time you want.  Talk about weight or exercise.

Also can talk, vent about anything. People, job, family..whoever whatever. Talking can release some of the

stress and that can help weight loss.  Remember whatever is SAID in HERE...STAYS in HERE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi again. Just a little background. I just turned 50. I spent the first half active like crazy. I could eat anything and not gain weight or be out of shape. The last half has been family, career, friends, and no time in between to exercise. Add in good southern fried cooking and things get out of hand quickly. Then, this whole mess started. working from home was not the problem. Just not being able to do things you always do with friends. We started having afternoon happy hours (socially distanced and the same people all the time). Although still fun and a blast, happy hour turned into 2 hours, then 3, then 4. Had to put a stop to that and start exercising. 

I am one of those types of people that I am "all" in when I do or start something. If I ease into something I am done after a few days. Its only been 1.5 days, but the routine is setting in. I do 3.75 miles in the morning and evening. I found 4 miles was a little too much on the knees and 3.5 miles was a little too short. My walk this morning at 3.75 miles feels just right.

As for resistance training. I unfortunately sit at a computer all day. I do get up for the regular breaks, but I am still at the computer. The plan now is to do light resistance band training from my chair 🙂. I can do curls, bench press, military press, lat pulls, etc right from the comfort of my chair. I will work on a plan over the next week or so to isolate muscle groups. I need to get back the lean muscle to make everything work more efficiently. 1 LB of lean muscle burns 350 calories a week by doing everyday stuff. 10 Lbs will burn 3,500 calories each week which means your body is making itself efficient on its own (compared to 1400). Getting to that point burns an entire days worth of food per week doing nothing.

Hello,

Friday afternoon. Ahhhhh, nothing quite nuclear winter..........our air quality here in No. CA is very unhealthy to dangerous through at least Tuesday of next week. We must stay indoors. My yard looks horrible. Everything is slumped over and unhappy. We haven't seen the sun in over a week. Feel so sad for people in Oregon and other parts of the west that have lost everything.

Mel, glad you lost something.

PAC, good for you on doing the crossfit.

Ombud, good you are walking but please be careful with the air quality....Glad your clothes are fitting so much better.

BigRed, great you are sticking with your exercise. Awesome.

Have good day everyone, Diana

Hello All

Ombud..Know you'll get those inches off and wear your dress on the cruise

Bigred..Your doing the best in losing..planning ahead your exercise and doing it. 

Diana..Yes Ca, Oregon and Wash. are having a tough time. The air isn't good, just more staying in this weekend.

What's another month after six months?:classic_ohmy:

Everyone try to enjoy your weekend (some can do better than others) just TAKE CARE and STAY SAFE 

HI all!

Seems like we're all doing well this week. I am down 1.6 lbs from last Thursday, but like last week weighing on Fridays gets me a lighter weight! So strange.

DIana ~ that sounds really terrible out there. Stay safe & probably inside as much as possible.

bigrednole ~ sounds like you have a plan & the determination to carry it through. Some really good goals!

Have a nice weekend & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Hi everyone!

Thanks Jan..that's the trouble..you eat very little and when eat more even if the right

foods you gain some or all of your loss back.  Is that fair? NO!:classic_rolleyes:

Jo congrats on the loss. So strange you lose more on Fridays. Start calling Thursdays...Fridays!:classic_laugh:

Hope everyone is having a good day. If you live where's there's smoke and fires ..hoping everything

is better for you today and gets better day by day.

Said I would come in more this week......but no one is here.

Did you have a good day?  Mine was so-so, nothing exciting, cleaned my shower door!

What did you eat?  Yesterday made a veggie soup, so I ate that for lunch. Making salad for dinner.

Did you exercise?..I didn't.

Hope there's something good on TV tonight, at least a movie I haven't seen.

That's it...small talk over.  Hope someone answers.

Belle, I had a good day.  I had Cheerios for breakfast -- lunch was pineapple cottage cheese and dinner was Subway (as I was way too tired to cook).  We spent the day working outside in the back yard .... 30 years ago we put in a dog pen and a area for the kids to play (it then became an area to toss tree limbs, etc... today we took them apart and will put lawn in ... I did a lot of cutting branches, moving brush etc.   The high temperature today was about 67 degrees ... It is starting to feel like fall.

I have been reading about all the fires .... I am so sorry for everyone going through that ... This has been such an odd/horrible/weird year for so many different areas.  I'm hoping that soon life gets back to a new normal.  

Tomorrow we will take a ride to our oldest sons house and help them work in their yard .... they have much more area that they have to take care of (65 acres) .... I think its a full time job just cutting the lawn.  Jan

Hello  on this Sunday

Jan you've really been busy and working hard and now doing it today for your son.

Hope your not sore today or tomorrow. Probably burned more cals then you ate.

Yes the 2020 will go down in history for many reasons and not any of them are good.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Hello! 

I've been busy with a detailed wedding cake for today. About half my couples just want a "naked" cake (like my profile picture), and since I don't really have to ice them, they are really quick. This one was all iced, had a tier that was painted gold, edible lace, and lots of fondant flowers - very time consuming. But, we managed to stay OK eating wise which is good. Usually a busy work week for me means lots of take out. No exercise this week though. Fall is the busy wedding season in North Texas, so I need to start up again - I did really good there for a few weeks - and then keep the habit going.

Hope you all in CA get a break soon! 

Belle and Jo - Nice job!

Hello,

Our air quality today: dangerous. They say bad air quality through next weekend. We did go out to bring chinese takeout home for dinner. We order lots of vegetables. 

Jo, great loss for the week. 

Belle, hope you don't gain all the weight back. I exercised today, used my hand weights and rode my stationary bike. 

Jan, wish we had your temps! Happy (and jealous) you've been spending time in the yard. 

Mel, great you are busy with your wedding cake business. 

If we ever see the sun again I'm going to plant a Fall garden: swiss chard, kale, cauliflower. 

Have a good evening, Diana

Oh. Jo, I wish I was still on track

Well, my plans completely derailed last weekend. I had pinky promised the 3 smallest grandkids (7,6,4) that they could have a sleepover at my house. (I have the big tree fort inside a massive bush that grew 30' high. Looks out over the cow pasture and great views of the mountains. They call it a stay awake over) Anyway I cooked for them decomposed pasta primavera (veggies / sauce of the side, mix in their own soup plate), fruit, bread, cookies & ice cream. Chips during the Disney 72 hr marathon. Yes, I pigged out. I am gaining. 😔

Diana, I had planned a hike but the air quality was so bad I only let them outside 3 times. 1st 2 times for 10 minutes, last time for 5 minutes

Mel, that cake is gorgeous!!

Jan, I might have to start veggies inside. I have a spot picked out and ready. Also a empty egg carton. I really just need a few more things. Oddly, my herbs aren't damaged yet by the smoke

Big Red & Pac👍