Birthday.

Russell21

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks. Hopefully by this time next year we'll be looking forward to really doing an upcoming cruise.

Yes, or at least booking with full confidence.  Doubt you'll receive a better meal than the one you enjoyed for your birthday, at Balmoral Beach.  My daughter took me there, with a work voucher she was gifted.  I finally understood what it must be like to be really rich!  Normally we just walked from Taronga ferry through the bush to Balmoral Beach, for fish and chips on the beach, then bus back to city.  

53 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes, or at least booking with full confidence.  Doubt you'll receive a better meal than the one you enjoyed for your birthday, at Balmoral Beach.  My daughter took me there, with a work voucher she was gifted.  I finally understood what it must be like to be really rich!  Normally we just walked from Taronga ferry through the bush to Balmoral Beach, for fish and chips on the beach, then bus back to city.  

It certainly is a lovely restaurant. We'd been there once or twice before, before we retired, but I think the food is even better now. Definitely a special occasion restaurant. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 2:12 PM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Happy birthday to fellow Virgos 🥳🥳

On 9/14/2020 at 2:20 PM, possum52 said:

Thank you David. If we are fellow Virgos, you must have celebrated or will be celebrating a birthday soon, so Happy Birhday to you too.

Leigh

While listening to talkback I heard that the Zodiac signs are all wrong ,and there are actually 13 . Not sure if it’s fake news or a social media beat up .

Whatever , I for one will not be changing ,thank you very much .been through enough change and upset this year 

Sorry, astrology fans: you’ve been reading the wrong star sign all this time

https://www.stylist.co.uk/life/nasa-horoscope-star-sign-zodiac-ophiuchus-personality-astrology-astronomy/248217

Here are the correct dates for the star signs:

• Capricorn: Jan 20 - Feb 16
  • Aquarius: Feb 16 – March 11
  • Pisces: March 11 – April 18
  • Aries: April 18 – May 13
  • Taurus: May 13 – June 21
  • Gemini: June 21 – July 20
  • Cancer: July 20 – Aug 10
  • Leo: Aug 10 – Sept 16
  • Virgo: Sept 16 – Oct 30
  • Libra: Oct 30 – Nov 23
  • Scorpio: Nov 23 – Nov 29
  • Ophiuchus: Nov 29 – Dec 17
  • Sagittarius: Dec 17 – Jan 20

34 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

While listening to talkback I heard that the Zodiac signs are all wrong ,and there are actually 13 . Not sure if it’s fake news or a social media beat up .

Whatever , I for one will not be changing ,thank you very much .been through enough change and upset this year 

Sorry, astrology fans: you’ve been reading the wrong star sign all this time

https://www.stylist.co.uk/life/nasa-horoscope-star-sign-zodiac-ophiuchus-personality-astrology-astronomy/248217

Here are the correct dates for the star signs:

• Capricorn: Jan 20 - Feb 16
  • Aquarius: Feb 16 – March 11
  • Pisces: March 11 – April 18
  • Aries: April 18 – May 13
  • Taurus: May 13 – June 21
  • Gemini: June 21 – July 20
  • Cancer: July 20 – Aug 10
  • Leo: Aug 10 – Sept 16
  • Virgo: Sept 16 – Oct 30
  • Libra: Oct 30 – Nov 23
  • Scorpio: Nov 23 – Nov 29
  • Ophiuchus: Nov 29 – Dec 17
  • Sagittarius: Dec 17 – Jan 20

Thanks David, no I won't be changing my sign, I'll stay a Virgo.

Leigh

interesting..... so I am now a Ophiuchus  ( some holder of a snake ) they say House Ophiuchus represented Unity. Its people were spirited, magnetic, impulsive, clever, flamboyant, and at times jealous, power-hungry, and temperamental.......... really not sure about this.....

What next Father Christmas, BigFoot and Faries are not real......lol

Time for a second cuppa    Don 

5 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

interesting..... so I am now a Ophiuchus  ( some holder of a snake ) they say House Ophiuchus represented Unity. Its people were spirited, magnetic, impulsive, clever, flamboyant, and at times jealous, power-hungry, and temperamental.......... really not sure about this.....

What next .???  .....Father Christmas ,Santa, has been advised to get his Visa application in now ,but he also has to have a  Covoid clear certificate this year , otherwise we cancel Christmas. 😳😷😳

I had learnt about the 13 star signs many years ago from an Astrologer, who said Ophiuchus was deleted due to Christianity and snakes not being compatible.

It was also deleted as it meant that according to some texts that Jesus was born in that sign December 6th.

Interestingly, many other texts have Jesus born on 21 August which would have him as a Leo.

49 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

What next .???  .....Father Christmas ,Santa, has been advised to get his Visa application in now ,but he also has to have a  Covoid clear certificate this year , otherwise we cancel Christmas. 😳😷😳

Cancelled or not, it is going to be a very different Xmas for nearly everyone.

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

I am also an Ophiuchus (or should that me Ophiuchan?), but the dates I have read previously were a narrower 'spread'. We are a fairly exclusive lot of people. 🙂

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

The 14 day quarantine  will slow him down......  depending if we ever get the board bizo figured out

but wait  he can use Aus Post..... then it will be Christmas in July.....lol

Or a better idea Virtual  Christmas  done by Zoom... but that will crash the NBN ..

Time to go back to Christmas Cards.... and better post them soon

Cheers Don

Edited by getting older slowly

On 9/24/2020 at 10:44 AM, MicCanberra said:

Cancelled or not, it is going to be a very different Xmas for nearly everyone.

It surely is going to be different.  I might have to join up with this mob.chrissie.jpg.85cf56f3b5314e0aa07631b0dcb1d194.jpg

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I am livin the dream my friend, livin the dream

I think that is it   "Livin the Dream" ... and enjoying what you have....  make the most of it

Like a roof over your head..... sitting on the lounge in a warm room.... dinner ready to put in oven..... having the better half.... a G&T in hand.... then deciding what movie to watch on the new big screen........     One could say it is   "Livin the Dream"

So all have a good evening.....   Don signing off for the evening

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

I think that is it   "Livin the Dream" ... and enjoying what you have....  make the most of it

Like a roof over your head..... sitting on the lounge in a warm room.... dinner ready to put in oven..... having the better half.... a G&T in hand.... then deciding what movie to watch on the new big screen........     One could say it is   "Livin the Dream"

So all have a good evening.....   Don signing off for the evening

Sweet dreams don, dream of that pic.

Edited by NSWP