Keeping our morale up during the pandemic.

OzKiwiJJ

Just now, By The Bay said:

What are you talking about? 🧐

"2 new cases in Old" and

"new crew transferred to PA Hospital in lieu of ships."

Announced by CHO on news just now.  New cases are changeover crew. 

Just now, By The Bay said:

9 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

An interesting graphic on Victoria’s numbers. From the Humans in Melbourne fb page.

9081EE37-B907-4C57-9077-FF5DD3B5DE54.thumb.jpeg.6e51a6fdb3c623866d1fe6541fa438a4.jpeg

Nice to see a positive graphic showing just what Melbourne has achieved.  When you see the numbers of positive cases which are currently increasing in the UK, Spain, France and USA, it makes Melbourne's achievements all the more impressive.  Well done Melbourne!

Nice to see such good results from what had to be a very painful lockdown for the people of Victoria and Melbourne in Particular. 

Here in Canada we are fortunate to have a very low rate of occurrence here on Vancouver Island. That being said there is still about 100 new cases a day in British Columbia, there are 3 regions in Quebec that have been declared as RED zones and they are entering into a 28 day period of extreme measures which sound much like what Melbourne is just about to wind down from.

Be well every one good work to everyone who did there part to keep each other safe.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Well done fellow Melburnians  in 63 days a 99% reductions in cases

all we now need is to be able to go more than 5km

Cheers Don

Would you be able to visit the water, if they increased the distance to 10 klm?

Melbourne's stats are brilliant.I was looking at then last night. During the worst week in July Melbourne had 3731 cases in that week. This week they've had 71. 

It just goes to prove that the hard lockdown conditions do work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ELep said:

Thanks, yes I realize this. With the way that various states are carrying on here in AU, it's just not worth the hassle. Particularly QLD. The premier there seems to be acting like a cat on a hot tin roof, as the saying goes. She closed the border to many NSW residents for the second time with two hours notice. She is still saying NSW needs 28 days of no community contact before border fully opens. Although recently said something I little different I understand. 

Yes, and 28 days currently goes to 22 October.

But the restriction remains until 1 Nov - for election reasons. 

Re Federal Govt's announcement of a bubble between NZ and NSW and NT.  Kiwis used to be the largest number of land owners on the Gold Coast.  I know, if I was a Kiwi, I'd prefer to visit Qld. than NSW and NT, at the present time.  No mention is ever made of NT closing their borders to people from Brisbane, at short notice.  

Edited by MMDown Under

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Re Federal Govt's announcement of a bubble between NZ and NSW and NT.  Kiwis used to be the largest number of land owners on the Gold Coast.  I know, if I was a Kiwi, I'd prefer to visit Qld. than NSW and NT, at the present time.  No mention is ever made of NT closing their borders to people from Brisbane, at short notice.  

Later.  This announcement is a one way NZ to NSW/NT deal.  Not return. NZ people who return may have to quarantine in NZ.  Not people from NSW/NT to NZ.  Not any people from Aus to NZ.  Not happy Jacinta!  Not happy PM!  

This is to free up quarantine spots for people returning from overseas, because NZ people won't have to quarantine.  

17 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

How's your morale now that POTUS has tested positive. Interesting days ahead.

Oh the jokes that come to mind 😂. Unfortunately after seeing what happened with the Brazil President don't expect anything to change🙄

Some people will get to go to Tassie on:

From October 26, residents of South Australia, Western Australia, Queensland, the Northern Territory and the ACT will be able to enter Tasmania without quarantining, Premier Peter Gutwein announced on Friday.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm not sure I believe he really has tested positive, just another lame story to make excuses on.

His doctor has confirmed he and his wife have both tested positive.  One of his closest aids, who had travelled on the plane with him, tested positive. 

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

From October 26, residents of South Australia, Western Australia, Queensland, the Northern Territory and the ACT will be able to enter Tasmania without quarantining, Premier Peter Gutwein announced on Friday.

That is great news. My daughter wants to celebrate her birthday in Tasmania, so she will be happy. 

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

So someone from Queensland could go partying with someone from Sydney in Byron Bay then go to Tasmania without quarantining, yet someone from NSW can't go to Tasmania without quarantining. Go figure!

You'd have to see the entry form for entry to Tasmania, before you could form that opinion.  You might have to certify that you haven't had any contact with anyone from hotspots in NSW.  I know I had to certify that I hadn't been in Brisbane for a certain period (? 28 days) on my entry form to NT, which made me ineligible.  

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Yeah but only if you fly and NSW is still on the no go list

9 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

You'd have to see the entry form for entry to Tasmania, before you could form that opinion.  You might have to certify that you haven't had any contact with anyone from hotspots in NSW.  I know I had to certify that I hadn't been in Brisbane for a certain period (? 28 days) on my entry form to NT, which made me ineligible.  

There aren't any hotspots in NSW any more but maybe just having been in NSW would make them ineligible, assuming they told the truth that is.

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There aren't any hotspots in NSW any more but maybe just having been in NSW would make them ineligible, assuming they told the truth that is.

Yes the whole system relies on people telling the truth.  Those three girls who lied on their application form on return from Melbourne and Sydney were the reason for SEQueensland's virus outbreak.  This lead to Brisbane being considered a hotspot, even though the girls only visited the southside of Brisbane.