george35

I have had 4 cruises cancelled & I know if you dont use your points in a year they take some points away from you. My question is are they still doing that or have they stopped because of all the cruise cancellations?

george35

1 minute ago, george35 said:

I have had 4 cruises cancelled & I know if you dont use your points in a year they take some points away from you. My question is are they still doing that or have they stopped because of all the cruise cancellations?

george35

What points are you referring to? 

7 minutes ago, george35 said:

george35

If you are talking about crown and anchor points, Royal Caribbean does not deduct points during periods of inactivity the way some other lines do with their loyalty points

• Like 1

C&A points and associated status are currently earned on a permanent basis.  They are not annual like airlines.  

You should see no points removed for cruises actually sailed.  Some people received points for cancelled cruises and there is speculation those unearned points may be revoked.  I have missed or cancelled a dozen cruises from this pandemic but I never received unearned points so I have no experience with that.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

People should have to cruise a certain amount (don't know how much) in order to retain their c and a status IMHO

Well I couldn't disagree more with this statement....and will assume I'm not in the minority.

The points I've earned and continue to add to should never expire.

Are you OK with something coming up and preventing you to cruise and then lose

the point's you've accumulated and the C&A status you've attained ?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Well I couldn't disagree more with this statement....and will assume I'm not in the minority.

No this is a unique situation and should not count.  But I don't think someone who earns whatever status should keep it if they don't maintain some sort of regular cruise schedule same as the airlines do

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I would be fine with the 3 years that MSC is allowing as long as they would grant medical exceptions and extend that 3 years on a case by case basis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would be fine with the 3 years that MSC is allowing as long as they would grant medical exceptions and extend that 3 years on a case by case basis. 

I'm glad you think that RCI is (would be) willing to keep track accurately and apply the exemptions based on a case by case basis.

How much room would that allow for errors to be created ?

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

No this is a unique situation and should not count.  But I don't think someone who earns whatever status should keep it if they don't maintain some sort of regular cruise schedule same as the airlines do

And that's why I fly with DL...My miles don't expire and I can accumulate as many as I wish to.

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Short answer, if I lose my status with RCCL, I will go back to jumping between cruise lines.

I have been cruising since 1981.  I jumped between cruise lines.  First Carnival,  a few RCCL, then Princess, mixing in a few Disney Cruises, a Holland America cruise then the last few years doing RCCL, where we finally reached Diamond.

With what RCCL charges for drinks vs Carnival, reaching Diamond was a nice perk.  If I lose Diamond status if I don't cruise for a year or two.  RCCL will LOSE my loyalty as drink prices on Carnival ships are cheaper than RCCL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The airlines are changing. Points no longer expire on Southwest, United and apparently, Delta. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Ashland said:

And that's why I fly with DL...My miles don't expire and I can accumulate as many as I wish to.

But your status doesn't carry over.  That's the discussion Ellen brought up😉

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coralc said:

The airlines are changing. Points no longer expire on Southwest, United and apparently, Delta. :classic_biggrin:

But status does, and you need a minimum dollar spent to go with your miles. I can see why many here would hate the airline status program applied to C&A

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

But status does, and you need a minimum dollar spent to go with your miles. I can see why many here would hate the airline status program applied to C&A

True. But we've never had status with an airline. :classic_sad: I used to sign up for a lot of magazine subscriptions and purchase small appliances to keep my points active until we flew again. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coralc said:

True. But we've never had status with an airline. :classic_sad: I used to sign up for a lot of magazine subscriptions and purchase small appliances to keep my points active until we flew again. :classic_biggrin:

When I worked I was way up in the Delta Medallion program. Platinum for a few years, Gold for most of my work career. They drop you one level at a time if you can't meet the level requirements

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

C&A points and associated status are currently earned on a permanent basis.  They are not annual like airlines.  

You should see no points removed for cruises actually sailed.  Some people received points for cancelled cruises and there is speculation those unearned points may be revoked.  I have missed or cancelled a dozen cruises from this pandemic but I never received unearned points so I have no experience with that.  

I don’t know  if anyone was able to keep incorrect points for canceled cruises. 

Our March 15 cruise was canceled on March 13. We were incorrectly awarded points for that cruise but a A WEEK OR TWO LATER THEY WERE APPROPRIATELY REMOVED from our account

m

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

But your status doesn't carry over.  That's the discussion Ellen brought up😉

I wonder how many medallion's will fail to qualify this year.  Zone 1 might be very crowded next year.  Especially when we'll be 6 ft. apart.