Zuiderdam & Volendam summer 2021 schedules have been removed! Redeployment coming?

AtlantaCruiser72

14 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

It may be closed to "new" bookings to allow anyone affected by the Zuiderdam/Volendam mess to request a change of vessel, or they could be making some other change related to the itinerary/deployment AFTER the Transatlantic that will be impacting that sailing as well.

There are going to be NUMEROUS rolling itinerary changes, cancellations, ship swaps, redeployments for quite some time to come for ALL the cruise lines.  This is about to get crazier and more fractured, before it gets better.

Checking, I find that the cruise is indeed on the list of those cruises impacted by the 8 day issue.  Here is the list of cruises:

https://gohal.com/app/uploads/2020/11/Impacted-Voyages-Temporarily-Closed_8-day-US-ports.xlsx

5 hours ago, Sebbiesgrammy said:

we also had a SS angled cabin that we reserved on the first day reservations were available for our July 7, 2021 sailing.  They moved us to a Vista on the same deck but have no explanation as to what they might offer us for the downsized room (almost 100sq. ft difference).  We already had a great package that included most any extra available plus "free" air to Venice.  Waiting clarification from my TA as to what additional they might offer if they won't (or can't) upgrade to Neptune.  We really like the itinerary and want to keep it.

I have looked on the HAL site for our Zuiderdam cruise, and don't see a new cabin assignment - where do I see that?  It has been moved over to the Volendam, and I tried to "Make a Payment" to see if that would let me in, but I can't do it.

5 hours ago, Sebbiesgrammy said:

Correction: Our original sailing on the Zuiderdam/Volendam is JUNE 7, 24 day, Venice to Rome.  They moved us to Volendam, gave us a lower grade cabin, but nothing else has changed.  The itinerary remains exactly the same as do the dates.   They have not yet carried over the great bargain I got on Flight Ease or the excursions that I prepaid.  I have an eagle eyed TA who is already working on it but I have not officially been notified by HA as yet.  The new ship/cabin/booking number does, however, show up on my account on line so you might want to check it out yourself to see what they are offering.

After hearing Travel Agents (one here on CC) and our PCC say that the chances of being upgraded to a Neptune Suite on the Volendam were pretty much 0% (others who had the Neptunes booked already on the Volendam would have those cabins already, plus the difference in size of the 2 ships there just aren't enough Neptunes) we switched our booking soon after I wrote that post.

We already were booked on the Westerdam in a Neptune Suite so we just cancelled the Zuiderdam(Volendam) booking and booked the segment before our already booked Westerdam cruise in the same cabin.  Good luck to your TA, but I'm afraid you're stuck with the Vista Suite  if you stay with the Volendam. 😞  

26 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I have looked on the HAL site for our Zuiderdam cruise, and don't see a new cabin assignment - where do I see that?  It has been moved over to the Volendam, and I tried to "Make a Payment" to see if that would let me in, but I can't do it.

Log in to “manage my booking” and when you go to the screen to choose shore excursions, flights, whatever underneath you will see a pic of your cabin.  Your cabin number will be there if assigned and if it’s not the category you have been assigned will show without the cabin number.

I did a test this morning with my and my sister’s booking.  Mine was assigned (not a cabin I would want/choose) and hers has not been but the category she has been assigned to shows.  We’re not staying with the cruise as you know but I was curious as to what stage they were at.

44 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

After hearing Travel Agents (one here on CC) and our PCC say that the chances of being upgraded to a Neptune Suite on the Volendam were pretty much 0% (others who had the Neptunes booked already on the Volendam would have those cabins already, plus the difference in size of the 2 ships there just aren't enough Neptunes) we switched our booking soon after I wrote that post.

We already were booked on the Westerdam in a Neptune Suite so we just cancelled the Zuiderdam(Volendam) booking and booked the segment before our already booked Westerdam cruise in the same cabin.  Good luck to your TA, but I'm afraid you're stuck with the Vista Suite  if you stay with the Volendam. 😞  

Too late to edit my post, but I just looked on the HAL site (our Volendam booking still shows) and sure enough, they gave us a Vista.  Glad we changed cruises.  🙂

4 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Too late to edit my post, but I just looked on the HAL site (our Volendam booking still shows) and sure enough, they gave us a Vista.  Glad we changed cruises.  🙂

Yep, just check ours also.  We went from a Signature Suite on Zuiderdam to a Vista (a6166) on Volendam. I guess it is the top class Vista but still a downgrade.  I'm still waiting for the email that will describe all the changes in costs etc, if there are any.

3 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Yep, just check ours also.  We went from a Signature Suite on Zuiderdam to a Vista (a6166) on Volendam. I guess it is the top class Vista but still a downgrade.  I'm still waiting for the email that will describe all the changes in costs etc, if there are any.

We got A6189.  No comparison to a Signature Suite.  

Just checked ours.  We booked a Verandah Guarantee on Zuiderdam for the TA and our replacement booking on Volendam is showing Category BC which is a Vista and there are only 4 of them.

And just noticed that the price has gone up! 

Edited by VMax1700

Well, we booked a particular mid ship cabin on Zuiderdam VA category and I just looked-shows us as an AA guarantee on the Volendam.  We never book a guarantee because of husband needing mid ship.  Guess we will be cancelling.  Ugh.  My PCC is off so I’ll email him and ask about it first.  

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Checking, I find that the cruise is indeed on the list of those cruises impacted by the 8 day issue.  Here is the list of cruises:

https://gohal.com/app/uploads/2020/11/Impacted-Voyages-Temporarily-Closed_8-day-US-ports.xlsx

Is this an xlsx listing that you put together based on the words in the CDC paper work or did you get this information from HAL themselves?  We are booked on the 3/19 15 day cruise on the Volendam and have heard nothing from HAL and it still shows on HAL's website.   Thanks!

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Log in to “manage my booking” and when you go to the screen to choose shore excursions, flights, whatever underneath you will see a pic of your cabin.  Your cabin number will be there if assigned and if it’s not the category you have been assigned will show without the cabin number.

I did a test this morning with my and my sister’s booking.  Mine was assigned (not a cabin I would want/choose) and hers has not been but the category she has been assigned to shows.  We’re not staying with the cruise as you know but I was curious as to what stage they were at.

32 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Just checked ours.  We booked a Verandah Guarantee on Zuiderdam for the TA and our replacement booking on Volendam is showing Category BC which is a Vista and there are only 4 of them.

Thanks, Jacqui.  They put us in a BC as well, so that's two of the four gone!  We will be cancelling today and transferring back to the Rotterdam.

37 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

You were very fortunate to go from a Verandah to a Vista! 

41 minutes ago, regnig said:

Is this an xlsx listing that you put together based on the words in the CDC paper work or did you get this information from HAL themselves?  We are booked on the 3/19 15 day cruise on the Volendam and have heard nothing from HAL and it still shows on HAL's website.   Thanks!

It was on another thread on the HAL board and I believe that the poster got it from HAL.  

59 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

You were very fortunate to go from a Verandah to a Vista! 

Fortunate?  I wouldn't describe it like that.  Shortened length, ports of call decimated, ship changed to a smaller, older one with less facilities and entertainment.  And the price has increased, which I don't understand as it was supposed to be pro rated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Fortunate?  I wouldn't describe it like that.  Shortened length, ports of call decimated, ship changed to a smaller, older one with less facilities and entertainment.  And the price has increased, which I don't understand as it was supposed to be pro rated.

I agree.  For us going from our VA on Zuiderdam to a Vista is not something that will keep us on this cruise.  The cancellation of a couple ports, arriving on Thanksgiving day in Ft Lauderdale and smaller ship is enough to get us to cancel soon.  I’ll be checking first with hubby once my PCC finds out if our AA guarantee can be an assigned mid ship location and seeing if hubby wants to stay on this cruise or continue with our Tahiti one.  We won’t do both as too close together to be away so long.  

9 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

1 minute ago, canadianbear said:

I agree.  For us going from our VA on Zuiderdam to a Vista is not something that will keep us on this cruise.  The cancellation of a couple ports, arriving on Thanksgiving day in Ft Lauderdale and smaller ship is enough to get us to cancel soon.  

+1.  Totally agree with you both.  

• Like 1

Based on the above just checked my booking on the HAL website and we have been moved from a double wide cabin with shower 4166 to a guarantee B. To me this is a downgrade and until now we have not heard anything from our T.A. about this. Have to get on the phone tomorrow.

Rosalyn

2 minutes ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

Based on the above just checked my booking on the HAL website and we have been moved from a double wide cabin with shower 4166 to a guarantee B. To me this is a downgrade and until now we have not heard anything from our T.A. about this. Have to get on the phone tomorrow.

Rosalyn

I don’t think your TA will have the info yet.  I don’t think HAL is done assigning cabins..  Probably working from the top down slowly.  (I don’t think you will end up with a guarantee - I didn’t) and I know a tour I had booked has not been moved over.

13 minutes ago, kazu said:

I don’t think your TA will have the info yet.  I don’t think HAL is done assigning cabins..  Probably working from the top down slowly.  (I don’t think you will end up with a guarantee - I didn’t) and I know a tour I had booked has not been moved over.

Our PCC said we should call the shorex desk number to get our shore excursions cancelled.  Maybe you will have to do that, too, for a transfer.   1-888-425-9376.

58 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Sorry, I misunderstood.  I thought you were happy.  Sounds like us, we much prefer the newer, larger ships over the Volendam.  So are you going to cancel? We cancelled ours even before knowing what cabin we would get on the Volendam, just didn't want that ship. As it turned out we would have been downgraded (why I was surprised and said you were fortunate to get an upgrade when I thought you were happy). 😉