Nov 3 sale coming?

phabric

Loki S------Loved Brisbane when were in Australia in 2013. Had a great boat tour and the shopping plaza with the church was very nice. 

Have they improved the port situation yet? It was a pain having to take a bus from the commercial port into the city!

11 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

Loki S------Loved Brisbane when were in Australia in 2013. Had a great boat tour and the shopping plaza with the church was very nice. 

Have they improved the port situation yet? It was a pain having to take a bus from the commercial port into the city!

Hi gmjc2, I'm so happy to hear that you loved Brisbane. We think it's a great place, a little bias as this is where I was born.

Brisbane has had the Brisbane Cruise Terminal at Portside Wharf since 2006 but only the smaller cruise ships like the Sea Princess and Sun Princess could fit under the Gateway Bridge. The other BIG ships had to dock at the commercial port, agree that after doing this ourselves at other ports it's not the easiest to get into the city without the shuttle/bus service.

I have some great news, Brisbane will soon have a the new Brisbane International Cruise Terminal which is due to open later in 2020, however not positive how COVID-19 has impacted the progress. From my understanding the construction industry was still operating during COVID-19 but would expect under COVID-19 Safe Plans. From what I have read the new Brisbane International Cruise Terminal was still on track to open in late 2020. 

At least it will be ready to go once the industry is able to start up again. I'm aware Princess has paused their Australian operations till end of May 2021.

Should be much easier to make you way into the city from these ports.

Also from where I sit at work well before working from home and the cruise ships were still operating, I can see the shuttle buses arrive down the road and always happy to help giving directions when out and about for lunch.

On 10/30/2020 at 10:58 AM, gotta cruise again said:

I also wondered this same thing. Here’s what the fine print says:

1Up to $250 Onboard Spending Money per qualified passenger offer is valid for eligible active first responder and medical professional personnel in the United States only. Offer is applicable to one sailing only. Maximum of two onboard credit offers per stateroom.

On 10/30/2020 at 11:11 AM, voljeep said:

Good to see Princess finally including the "medical professionals" - much appreciated

What is unfortunate is that they are excluding Canada thus far.  By contrast, Canadian military have qualified for that benefit OBC.

On 10/30/2020 at 2:24 PM, Thrak said:

Seems to me that if a Nurse Practitioner is on the list a Physician Assistant should definitely qualify.

Maybe they just aren't aware of all the possible job titles to include.  I'd go ahead and apply.  Perhaps even adjust your job title or check the box with the closest description.  I am not in the field, so not sure what they are asking as proof.  A copy of your professional license ought to suffice IMO.  Good luck.

Just submitted the form for verification and within five minutes got a congrats letter indicating I was approved. Thanks to everyone for supplying the info and form!  Do you think I can also submit my shareholder credit (combined) for more obc?

Diane

7 hours ago, Set to go said:

Just submitted the form for verification and within five minutes got a congrats letter indicating I was approved. Thanks to everyone for supplying the info and form!  Do you think I can also submit my shareholder credit (combined) for more obc?

Diane

Shareholder OBC (one per cabin usually) may be added to any other OBC you have.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Set to go said:

Diane

This fellow Badger did the same. The email said to allow up to 14 days to see the Medical Professionals OBC. We have shareholder credit already applied.   The "fall frenzy" on the other hand does not look like a deal to us as it would be a big price increase, but if you usually get the Princess plus package anyway it could be a deal.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

This fellow Badger did the same. The email said to allow up to 14 days to see the Medical Professionals OBC. We have shareholder credit already applied.   The "fall frenzy" on the other hand does not look like a deal to us as it would be a big price increase, but if you usually get the Princess plus package anyway it could be a deal.

Called my TA about the Fall Frenzy promo on a Nov 2021 cruise we just booked 10 days ago.  She said the price went up on her side (not when we look at the Princess website) and it would cost us more for this promo.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Called my TA about the Fall Frenzy promo on a Nov 2021 cruise we just booked 10 days ago.  She said the price went up on her side (not when we look at the Princess website) and it would cost us more for this promo.  

same here. Price is now $200 higher to get the OBC fall frenzy promo. 

33 minutes ago, dog said:

same here. Price is now $200 higher to get the OBC fall frenzy promo. 

our price is the same, so sent an email to our PVP asking fall frenzy promo to be added 🥃

also submitted the info for the medical professional OBC , we'll see what happens - already have $ 200 OBC from a previous re-booking promo and booked under Princess Plus 🍻 🍷 🍸

stay safe 😷

stay hydrated  🧊

• Like 1

So we didn't get the Fall Frenzy promo, but....we DID get the medical professional promo for BOTH OF US.  My DH is a DPM so he just had to submit his license.  For me, I didn't have any licenses so I submitted my ID picture badge and a pay stub from the hospital I work in.  Both approved in about 15 minutes.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

So we didn't get the Fall Frenzy promo, but....we DID get the medical professional promo for BOTH OF US.  My DH is a DPM so he just had to submit his license.  For me, I didn't have any licenses so I submitted my ID picture badge and a pay stub from the hospital I work in.  Both approved in about 15 minutes.

Did you go thru SheerID ? - I didn't see any place to upload a document, but it did state my wife was approved just with the information submitted

come to think about it, we may have gone thru them before ... so maybe they had the info on file

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

Did you go thru SheerID ? - I didn't see any place to upload a document, but it did state my wife was approved just with the information submitted

I didn't bother since the $250 is only good for cruises booked by December 7.  If anybody really knows what cruises will sail next year then it will work for them.  If you book a 2021 and it gets cancelled or you need to cancel because of change of itinerary then most likely you would lose the 1st Responder OBC.

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I didn't bother since the $250 is only good for cruises booked by December 7.  If anybody really knows what cruises will sail next year then it will work for them.  If you book a 2021 and it gets cancelled or you need to cancel because of change of itinerary then most likely you would lose the 1st Responder OBC.

which is OK - we got 2 shots at it in 2021 - one 4/2021, the other 12/2021 - and both are "short" cruises, so we/she are/is looking at $ 50 OBC

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I know but we aren't booking any other Princess cruises now for 2021.  It is a 14 day cruise so we either get the $500 OBC total if it goes or we just wasted our time applying. 

• Like 1

the agent at the hot dog store told me the Fall Frenzy credit was only good if you book a new cruise.  Sounds like that is not true and you can just request it be added to an existing 2021 cruise.  Is that right? If so I will try another agent

19 minutes ago, mustgo said:

the agent at the hot dog store told me the Fall Frenzy credit was only good if you book a new cruise.  Sounds like that is not true and you can just request it be added to an existing 2021 cruise.  Is that right? If so I will try another agent

Either that or cancel and re book assuming there is no penalty and price is the same.

4 hours ago, mustgo said:

I called Princess directly and re-fared both my existing cruises yesterday, one in 2021 and one in 2022.  I was able to stack the new Fall Frenzy promo OBC with my goodwill OBC from previously cancelled cruises.