Cancelled Through Dec 31 2020

Nemomof3

2 hours ago, JasonMason said:

Just got the email too... UGH. Their reasoning for doing so is sound, but these are never fun emails to get!!

Sound?  It's not like they had a choice for much of them.  If the ships left US waters and stopped providing EDC reports to the CDC they now need to start and do so for 28 days before being allowed to tie up.  There's a month before they can even begin doing test cruises.

It looks like Royal kept some of the fleet in the Bahamas, but did they keep up with the EDC reports?  We don't really know.  I know NCL moved many of their ships across the pond (two of them received exhaust scrubbers, they're buttoning that up right now) but there's no knowing if they kept up with the EDC reporting since they weren't near the US, unless someone can find those posted publicly.

We would like to know about Australian cancellations. All cruises were already cancelled until Dec 31st. Our state of WA is currently closed to people from NSW and Vic. There is no way they will be able to cruise into Fremantle. We have a Sydney Fremantle cruise booked in Feb. 

• Like 1

Got the email also.  Lost our Dec. 6th cruise so looking forward to it. Funny just talked to RC agent today to make another reservation in  June. He had no idea if we were going to sail in Dec. Glad we took 2 cruises in the first three months of 2020 also. Can't wait to cruise again.

Edited by jbmwistex

4 hours ago, BND said:

Totally expected.  I'm not even sure our May cruises out of NJ will happen as one is to Canada and the other to Bermuda.

I am not convinced about our August one out of NJ. Just waiting till the 2022 summer schedule to book a cruise I think I can actually look forward to.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sandebeach said:

I got two emails, but I have three cruises in December. The emails do not have a booking number on them. Hmmmm, I guess I will need to call RCI. 

Do B3B or longer, most my cancellations last 6 months never came all at once

7 hours ago, BND said:

Totally expected.  I'm not even sure our May cruises out of NJ will happen as one is to Canada and the other to Bermuda.

I think there is a good chance that Oasis will be sailing out of Bayonne in May, but I don't expect to see Anthem this winter/spring at all.

• Like 1

I'm just glad that they finally officially canceled.  I was on a 12/22 /20, 11 night cruise out of Galveston and I knew it would be canceled, but was just waiting for the official word.  Now, I can decide what to do next.