90% effective vaccine EVEN without booster shot...

33 minutes ago, BND said:

Did you even read what I linked?  Schools aren't experiencing spread.  Kids aren't bringing it to each other or home.  The staff is bringing it in from outside, but not spreading it to each other.  Kids are very, very safe in school.  What "resources" do you think are needed that they don't already have?  You're just putting your feelings on the subject and not facts.

One cannot paint the entire country with the same brush.

Schools in areas with high community spread rates are experiencing spread. When kids get infected they do bring it home. It doesn't matter how an outbreak enters a school.

Money is the principal resource. How it is spent depends on the local situation. In some cases it may be to improve air circulation in a building. In others it may need to be clear barriers. Certainly plentiful ppe are a must. But also additional facilities and personnel to allow for lower densities.

40 minutes ago, broberts said:

And I wish people would invest more in making schools safe before forcing kids, teachers, and service personal back into the same buildings.

I take no issue with getting kids back into classrooms. My problem is that many pushing for that are unwilling to come up with the necessary resources to keep them safe.

What sort of resources do you speak of ?  I thought masks work?  

13 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

What sort of resources do you speak of ?  I thought masks work?  

See a previous post. Masks do work. Schools need a plentiful supply. Probably should also have a good supply of face shields to protect staff and more at risk students.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm so very sorry.  It's so hard to tell, I don't no why I assumed what I did.  My bad...

No matter. I'm a gamer and used to hey bro except close friends. Most assume serious gamers are all young males. Lol gives me work on my russian, most are russian I play with. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

How many hours a day do you game?  

Can I plead the 5th. I'm a lord and declaring war, top 3 team, dodging top 2. My dad keeps asking me if I'm making any money and thinks he is being funny.

I go pretty much cold turkey to cruise. I started playing online bridge (the card game) and bought my first computer when no one heard of Yahoo yet. 98? I have 3 tablets, 2 top of the line samsung for the ram. I think they quit now making more and more memory, just going online type games that arent stored on your device. ..lol and a crappy phone.

Lol I tried to explain the usa election in russian in our war chat. 

Today went down to 30, i either need to know cruises are starting soon, some positive news or a trip to florida. Cold weather to me equals cruising. I dont like cruising as much in the heat..right now means time to book a last minute cruise. Darn this covid. I wish they would vaccinate faster.

11 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Proper ventilation is especially important in schools.

I don't know Yogi.  I think I'd put nursing homes in front of schools in the HVAC upgrade line since uhh you know that's where most deaths are coming from.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

I don't know Yogi.  I think I'd put nursing homes in front of schools in the HVAC upgrade line since uhh you know that's where most deaths are coming from.  

I've heard doctors on both sides. One doctor says kids first because they are super spreaders.

My vote is seniors, since I'm one. Of course after front line. 

I heard someone else echo my feeling that most masks dont stop droplets. He said some of these are like one of those galvanized fences trying to catch rain water, the holes in the fabric too large to stop small droplets. I'm one who has little faith in the masks I see.

18 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Why do we have to make an either/or choice?  I think we would agree that both are important.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

No matter. I'm a gamer and used to hey bro except close friends. Most assume serious gamers are all young males. Lol gives me work on my russian, most are russian I play with. 

I'm a woman and have been referred to as him and called "dude" on a couple of discussion boards.  I told one person I was female and didn't appreciate being called "dude" and the admins admonished me for it.  Seriously?   Anyway, it happens a lot online unless you have a really feminine "name" you use.  

2 hours ago, broberts said:

Schools in areas with high community spread rates are experiencing spread. When kids get infected they do bring it home. It doesn't matter how an outbreak enters a school.

Money is the principal resource. How it is spent depends on the local situation. In some cases it may be to improve air circulation in a building. In others it may need to be clear barriers. Certainly plentiful ppe are a must. But also additional facilities and personnel to allow for lower densities.

Did you read the article about Europe and their experience with schools?  I haven't seen any reports about school spread in the US that have in class learning.  

https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/kids-school-and-covid-19-what-we-know-and-what-we-don-t

Edited by BND

53 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Why do we have to make an either/or choice?  I think we would agree that both are important.

I think this illustrates the root of the poor response to the pandemic. If people were dying from missile strikes everyone would likely be prepared to spend whatever it took to stop the strikes. The fact that we cannot see the virus and those that die from it do so in the privacy of their homes or a hospital beds seems to allow some to be more concerned with treasure.

I've heard many public policy makers express the thought that we are at war with the virus. Duh! Yet many of those same people want to fight the pandemic on a budget. Good thing that attitude was not ascendant in WW II.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, broberts said:

I think I heard today only 163 or less than 200 cases were traced to being spread from schools, I'm not counting colleges, high school and under. Science says the chances of catching it at school very small. 

Just making up that you think schools are big spreaders doesnt make it true. Even faucci has come around to these facts, schools are not big spreaders. Maybe stick with facts, not feelings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I think I heard today only 163 or less than 200 cases were traced to being spread from schools, I'm not counting colleges, high school and under. Science says the chances of catching it at school very small. 

Just making up that you think schools are big spreaders doesnt make it true. Even faucci has come around to these facts, schools are not big spreaders. Maybe stick with facts, not feelings. 

I never said that schools were big spreaders. I'm not going to bother repeating what I did write since it seems some are determined to misinterpret my posts.

Apparently I have touched a nerve with my suggestion that if one wishes to use the thoughts of Dr Fauci to promote a particular point of view, one should provide the entire context of the remarks.

26 minutes ago, broberts said:

I think this illustrates the root of the poor response to the pandemic. If people were dying from missile strikes everyone would likely be prepared to spend whatever it took to stop the strikes. The fact that we cannot see the virus and those that die from it do so in the privacy of their homes or a hospital beds seems to allow some to be more concerned with treasure.

I've heard many public policy makers express the thought that we are at war with the virus. Duh! Yet many of those same people want to fight the pandemic on a budget. Good thing that attitude was not ascendant in WW II.

Are you speaking about the world as a whole or just the US?  You seem obsessed with bashing your neighbors to the south but, sadly, your cases are spiking as well

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Are you speaking about the world as a whole or just the US?  You seem obsessed with bashing your neighbors to the south but, sadly, your cases are spiking as well

If you are familiar with my posts you will have noted that I am very specific when discussing the US.

Apparently saying anything that is not goodness and light is now considered bashing.

An astute observation about local infection rates.

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Agree think WHO even stated that little while back. Out of Millions, not one serious issue in the Grade Schools. Where I'm at College and Senior High Schools at home as of 2 weeks ago with all other schools staying in session. 

24 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree think WHO even stated that little while back. Out of Millions, not one serious issue in the Grade Schools. Where I'm at College and Senior High Schools at home as of 2 weeks ago with all other schools staying in session. 

My daughter in law (to be) is a junior school teacher. They started back early September and so far have not had one case in school. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I sure wish rcl would come out with some positive news, I'm starving for real news about sailings starting. Fbn keeps showing Cape Canaveral over and over again today, maybe I need a road trip. 

"real news about sailings starting."  

It's not going to happen until...

1. COVID is brought under control.

2, The U.S. government says is can happen.

3. Other governments open their ports.

Fortunately, there is competence coming soon in January.