Onboard credit for Doctors, nurses and first responders

oskidunker

Not yet!  I keep checking!  I, too, got approval right away and am waiting.  I want to transfer my reservation to ta but wanted this on the reservation before I do so.   I will wait a couple more weeks...but I don’t know who I would even call about this.

2 hours ago, Set to go said:

Not yet!  I keep checking!  I, too, got approval right away and am waiting.  I want to transfer my reservation to ta but wanted this on the reservation before I do so.   I will wait a couple more weeks...but I don’t know who I would even call about this.

Transfer to a TA and let them do the follow-up calls.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

has anyone actually got the credit posted to their account yet ?

The credit showed up in my cruise personalizer under onboard credits about 2-3 weeks after authorization. I talked to a princess rep who said the credit will be automatically applied to a future cruise. My "next" cruise is in July on a 14 day to Alaska, so it has been cancelled, but hasn't been removed from my cruise personalizer yet. After that I have a 15 day cruise to Hawaii in December 2021 - sure hope we get to go on that cruise!!!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, voljeep said:

my wife wasn't asked for any of that on 11/4 - just a "Success ! You've been verified" which I printed out

has anyone actually got the credit posted to their account yet ?

I was verified on 11/1 and it was attached to my booking on 11/18 (actually attached on 11/4 as Military Benefit, then removed), but then that cruise was cancelled (14 days from LA in July 2021) so I suppose I will need to decide whether to rebook something else before the expiration 12/7/20.

8 hours ago, Set to go said:

I called Customer Relations (after several fruitless conversations with general inquiry staff, who had no idea what the promotion was even).

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2020 at 10:44 PM, ontheweb said:

It would seem so. It is hard to figure out why that would be so. 

This is in line with Princess that DO NOT give obc to Police Firemen and ambulance people in Oz or NZ or UK  but do in USA

15 hours ago, Set to go said:

Since bookings may only be transferred to a TA within a relatively short period of time (60 days if I remember correctly), do not wait too long to make that transfer.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RSF Cruiser said:

The credit showed up in my cruise personalizer under onboard credits about 2-3 weeks after authorization. I talked to a princess rep who said the credit will be automatically applied to a future cruise. My "next" cruise is in July on a 14 day to Alaska, so it has been cancelled, but hasn't been removed from my cruise personalizer yet. After that I have a 15 day cruise to Hawaii in December 2021 - sure hope we get to go on that cruise!!!

I had been looking in our 'booked cruises' for my wife's credit - went in to her account yesterday and there was a " promotional campaign" OBC of $ 50 ( correct amount ) dated for 10/27, book by 12/7

she was 'verified' on 11/4

I thought the credit was also to be auto applied to an existing booking, so I just sent an email to our PVP ... glass still half full 🥃, ... but a mid April 2021 is still a "go" and there are (2) 7 day cruises before ours scheduled ..

• Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 8:46 AM, EllieinNJ said:

After the form they ask you to fax your license (husband) and/or proof of employment such as a pay stub and copy of badge (mine).

Can you tell me what you do as a healthcare worker?  My niece works at a hospital but not Dr or nurse so wondering if she qualifies.

thanks, Kari

11 hours ago, Id rather be diving said:

Can you tell me what you do as a healthcare worker?  My niece works at a hospital but not Dr or nurse so wondering if she qualifies.

thanks, Kari

I work in the ICU as a unit assistant, scheduling tests, transfers, answering phones, etc.

16 hours ago, milolii said:

Is the verification through ID.me. 

Princess is using Sheer ID.  I contacted Princess and inquired if they would consider using ID.me in the future since this company is certified to verify active and retired first responders.

14 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Princess is using Sheer ID.  I contacted Princess and inquired if they would consider using ID.me in the future since this company is certified to verify active and retired first responders.

*This offer is only valid for active First Responders or Medical Professionals in the United States.

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

*This offer is only valid for active First Responders or Medical Professionals in the United States.

Sorry for the confusion.  I understand it is currently a limited time promotion for “active” First Responders/Medical Professionals.  

I attended a Princess webinar and they stated that Sheer ID is not capable of verifying retirees so that is why it’s for “active” only.  

Since I recently retired after working 30 years as a Federal Agent I made a suggestion to Princess that if they decide to include First Responder retirees in the future (like Princess does for the military) the company ID.me could be hired to provide this service since Sheer ID is NOT capable of doing this for Princess at this time.

“ID.me’s next-generation identity platform meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing and authentication, without compromising access for hard-to-identify groups. ID.me’s technology is used by more than 22MM individuals and 350 partners, including federal and state agencies, healthcare organizations, financial institutions, retailers, and nonprofits.”

Edited by Syracusefan44
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was approved in November, the OBC showed up in my account yesterday, then today when I checked again it had disappeared!  I was going to apply it to a cruise I had booked for Jan 2022.  I tried doing the online chat thing, but the guy was very unhelpful, just told me there was no OBC in my account and none was applied to my future cruise.  He said the promotion had ended.  I'm glad I saved the email that says I have been approved and will have to call Princess directly to see if they can straighten it out.  Has anybody else had this experience of the credit disappearing?    

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

Thanks, just checked and yup, same issue. No longer on credits list and not applied to either future cruise. I sent an email to our TA to follow up, we will see. 

Just an observation---you are calling your TA, and he or she will deal with the issue. The poster preceding you will call Princess and spend who knows how long on the phone trying to get this straightened out.

• Like 1

our PVP got ours applied to "the longest cruise booked in 2021" which for us is an 8 day in December 2021 - so $ 100 instead of $ 50 if applied to our cruise in April 2021 - or a little 4 day at the first of December 2021 on Discovery

glass half full 🥃