New vaccine

hollyjess

3 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I have always been afraid of all those surgeries on eyes.. I mean seriously, like one little mistake and a person will go blind and its not like an eye can be replaced.. or be replaced easily. Be carefull people, protect your eyes. 

The surgeon's know what they are doing Rodger ,you would be in good hands .

animated-eye-image-0031.gif.341bf1345f2a02a739966995bc268878.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Kalos.

I have missed chatting to everyone.

We spoke to Sarah at lunchtime and she feels a lot better but still tired with her covid19 infection.

I saw the eye consultant yesterday and both he and I are delighted with my eyes progress.

The eye was showing a slight increase in pressure so he told me to stop taking the steroid drops.

Thanks to yourself and everyone else for being lovely to Pauline.

She dislikes social media forums but kindly came on to reply that our Sarah was well.

Graham.

Glad you eye operation seems to be a success Graham. It’s amazing what they can do and how highly skilled the Drs are 

Michelle 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Good to have you back Graham and great that you have now had your jab. How did the eye  consult go?

Thanks John.

The consultant was happy although he stopped the steroid drop as there was a slight increase in eye pressure.

I'm really pleased with the outcome and can drive and read small print on the TV without my varifocal glasses.

I will need a new glasses prescription but the consultant said to wait for a couple of months.

Graham

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Yesterday afternoon I got my Pfizer Vaccine.

The centre was quite busy but I was in quickly and had to sit and wait afterwards for 15 minutes.

I didn't feel the injection.

5 Hours later my arm felt slightly painful at the vaccine injection spot.

It is still slightly painful when I lift my arm but no other reaction fortunately.

Graham.

Welcome home Graham. The Forum is improperly dressed without you on it!

It was so good to meet Pauline in your absence. Please thank her for keeping us updated. I hope Sarah is doing OK.  Love to you all.  Jane.x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Yesterday afternoon I got my Pfizer Vaccine.

The centre was quite busy but I was in quickly and had to sit and wait afterwards for 15 minutes.

I didn't feel the injection.

5 Hours later my arm felt slightly painful at the vaccine injection spot.

It is still slightly painful when I lift my arm but no other reaction fortunately.

Graham.

Welcome back Graham.

Pleased to hear that you have had your jab and that your eye check up went well too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Just had my Pfizer vaccine. Very well organised, very easy and no pain. Just hoping no side effects.

I now intend to relax on the sofa and do absolutely nothing this afternoon. Shame I haven’t trained the dog to make me a cup of tea!

Great news Gill. Fingers crossed for no side effects tonight. I know the dog can't make tea but can he pour wine? Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Great news Gill. Fingers crossed for no side effects tonight. I know the dog can't make tea but can he pour wine? Best wishes. Jane.x

So far so good with no issues.

Freddie cannot pour wine unfortunately, but when I ask him if I should have another he always says “yes Mama”.

Decided not to have alcohol tonight tho - will wait until the weekend.

Thanks Jane.

Gill x

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Great news with Sarah ,plenty of rest and onwards and upwards .:classic_smile:

Glad to hear you and your consultant saw "Eye to Eye " on your eyes progress 

That is great news for you :classic_smile: As for your wonderful lady , please thank her again 

for taking the time out to let us know what was going off regarding yourself .

Once again thank you Pauline your posts were appreciated by many on here .:classic_love:

To Bring you up to date with myself ,I have had a telephone consultation from 

the blood tests the other week .Everything is showing OK with my condition 

and my blood sugars are normal and my Total Cholesterol is now down to 2.5

so Mrs Kalos is feeding me the good stuff along the way .:classic_smile:

Really good news Kalos. That cholesterol number is superb. So pleased for you. J.x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

My op primarily was to peal an Epiretinal Membrane from my eyes macular but the consultant decided to do the cataract too.

I have worn glasses all my life and for the last 8 years I have had expensive varifocals which are great.

The op was on my strong eye so I can drive and read the text on TV now without wearing my glasses.

I have got my previous prescription glasses out and took the lens out of the right side because it was far to strong and helps my left eye from getting strained when watching TV.

The consultant said he will see me in a couple of months and probably arrange for my left eye to have a mild cataract removed and wait until then before I get a new eye test. 

Hi Graham

Did your consultant suggest he could put a lens in the left eye that has the prescription for close up vision correction?

My replacement right lens does distance and the left lens does reading so I have no need for glasses whatsoever, and no glaucoma either. Just amazing what ophthalmic surgeons can do these days.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Thank you Graham. It just seems to be one thing after the other at the moment. Fingers crossed all tests come back clear

Stay safe everyone

Michelle

Try not to worry too much Michelle - easy for me to say I know but just try not to stress too much. Best of wishes for a good outcome - and a holiday! Jane.x

• Like 1

Just now, Beckett said:

Try not to worry too much Michelle - easy for me to say I know but just try not to stress too much. Best of wishes for a good outcome - and a holiday! Jane.x

Thanks Jane. I am not usually a stress head, even when I was diagnosed with MS I still stayed positive and carried on working as long as I could. I enjoy now researching holidays to suit me, finding suitable accommodation etc and I have just started doing my family tree which is keeping me busy as well and I will be going back to the gym asap. I have a holiday booked in Isle of Wight in August and Caribbean on Silhouette next Feb so something to look forward to 

Michelle

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Welcome home Graham. The Forum is improperly dressed without you on it!

It was so good to meet Pauline in your absence. Please thank her for keeping us updated. I hope Sarah is doing OK.  Love to you all.  Jane.x

Thank you so much Jane.

We have spoken to Sarah today and she said she feels a lot better from her covid19 infection.

Graham x.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Hi Graham

Did your consultant suggest he could put a lens in the left eye that has the prescription for close up vision correction?

My replacement right lens does distance and the left lens does reading so I have no need for glasses whatsoever, and no glaucoma either. Just amazing what ophthalmic surgeons can do these days.

No but thanks so much for the suggestion.

He did say that when he sees me in a couple of months he would put me on the waiting list for a cataract op on my other eye to equalise the eyes which I understood was the distance aspect.

My left eye has always been a lazy eye and it was my right eye which is my strong eye that had the op for Epiretinal Membrane removal and IOL fitted after cataract surgery.

My varifocal glasses are excellent for reading with both eyes but too strong now with the IOL for my good eye for distance.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ardennais said:

It’s great reading that so many of you have been jabbed at least once. My turn will come sooner rather than later by the sounds of it. 

I am sure it will, they seem to be speeding through the groups

Michelle 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 2:02 PM, Dermotsgirl said:

He would only test positive for coronavirus if he has an active infection. 

He's hardly likely to have a bad reaction to a second shot, when he hasn't had a first shot

The person who gave me the account of what happened to her husband is very reliable, so if she says this situation has arisen, then I believe what she's saying.

What was the result of your friend's vaccine check up test?