New vaccine

hollyjess

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline rang her cousin today and she said her son and his wife both have covid19.

Her son felt unwell and had a test which was negative.

A couple of days later he felt worse and got another test which was positive.

Have they had their vaccines yet?

Morning folks , it's a bright sunny morning 2.c around these parts.

Off out in a hour to get Mrs Kalos her covid jab, only going a mile up the

road for it ,so will be back home in no time at all.

Some people were asking in these threads about how far away from the 

house you can travel ...Some say 5 miles ??  :classic_unsure:

FB_IMG_1614346195556.thumb.jpg.d14daf14e1a0271e9a907ef4f0dc0ac1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

It is great that the programme overall is going so well, but perhaps you might all spare a thought for the housebound, like me and husband, who should have been in the first category and are still waiting for the visit from a 'roving team'.  If you look up housebound vaccinations online, there are quite a lot of reports from all around the country about those of us who feel abandoned.

We are supposed to be officially on a list to be jabbed, but after almost a fortnight no sign of the phone call.  There does not seem to be any mention of this on any TV news, and I think it is practically a scandal - some of these people are visited by many carers, and are therefore exposed to the virus more than most others.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lincslady said:

It is great that the programme overall is going so well, but perhaps you might all spare a thought for the housebound, like me and husband, who should have been in the first category and are still waiting for the visit from a 'roving team'.  If you look up housebound vaccinations online, there are quite a lot of reports from all around the country about those of us who feel abandoned.

We are supposed to be officially on a list to be jabbed, but after almost a fortnight no sign of the phone call.  There does not seem to be any mention of this on any TV news, and I think it is practically a scandal - some of these people are visited by many carers, and are therefore exposed to the virus more than most others.  

It does seem to be a postcode lottery as to how quickly you get a home vaccination, in your situation I would also be seriously annoyed, I would e-mail your GP surgery and send copies to your local councillor and MP, that may speed things up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

That is brilliant Kalos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Good luck to Mrs Kalos.

Hopefully she has no side effects from the vaccine.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lincslady said:

The roving team are/were very active down here, the few I know were done very early. 

So sad you are still waiting. 

Start shouting, it's the only way sometimes. 

Andy 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Hope all goes well Kalos, great news. 

I had the German one put in my leg... 

Pfizer killing me😊

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline rang her cousin today and she said her son and his wife both have covid19.

Her son felt unwell and had a test which was negative.

A couple of days later he felt worse and got another test which was positive.

Sorry to hear, and hope they only have a mild dose and recover soon.

How is Sarah?

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I don’t know whether it’s just around here or a national thing, but Police officers have been dropping in to vaccination centres on spec towards the end of the day and if they have surplus vaccines then they are given them. To me that’s a sensible half way house, as it acknowledges that they are at greater risk of contracting the virus whilst not formally putting them ahead of people who, statistically, are at greater risk of death from it. 

I have heard similar with local police stations being contacted to ask if any wish to be vaccinated with the spare doses at end of day.

I did see in France they were proposing a “standby list” so people could be called at short notice to ensure that no vaccine is wasted, not sure if it went ahead, but seems a sensible idea. You could include emergency service staff, teachers, key shop workers etc for short notice calls. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

I shall spare many thoughts for you - simply not good enough.

Hope you can get it sorted out as soon as possible.

21 hours ago, ace2542 said:

But won't they shut the classroom down if the teacher gets it and if enough teachers get it shut the school? I actually do think that the Police and Teachers and Paramedics should be the next ones to get it. for their own safety in their job.

Have they said who they'd like to shove down the queue to get their priority vaccines? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Not good at all . I'm not saying this will work but give it a try for nothing .

The link I've sent you put in your postcode and find your MP  ,then send off 

an e-mail  ASAP  explaining your problem and maybe they can get things 

moving for you .  Good luck  & stay safe .   

https://www.mysociety.org/wehelpyou/who-is-your-mp/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4YfvrvmJ7wIVBLTtCh2USgg6EAAYASAAEgIX1PD_BwE

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your interest and suggestions.  I am actually in touch with the MP, and one of his PAs or assistants is 'on the case', and has offered to intervene.  However, I suspect she is waiting to get a response  as this was started on Monday, and I have not heard from her yet.  I do believe that she genuinely wants to help, and will be in touch by email as soon as she hears anything.

In many ways I am more concerned for the fact that it is obvious that quite a number of housebounds are apparently being ignored, with no publicity.  Next time I am in contact I will bring this up with her, as her boss (who is a Minister) should be pressing Hancock or whoever about this.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I have heard similar with local police stations being contacted to ask if any wish to be vaccinated with the spare doses at end of day.

I did see in France they were proposing a “standby list” so people could be called at short notice to ensure that no vaccine is wasted, not sure if it went ahead, but seems a sensible idea. You could include emergency service staff, teachers, key shop workers etc for short notice calls. 

France are reported to have a large proportion of the AZ vaccine unused. I think President Macron has changed his tune now the infection rate and deaths are accelerating.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

France are reported to have a large proportion of the AZ vaccine unused. I think President Macron has changed his tune now the infection rate and deaths are accelerating.

There was totally empty vaccine centres in Belgium on the BBC news the other day because everyone is refusing AZ vaccine and said they will wait for others.

5 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

There was totally empty vaccine centres in Belgium on the BBC news the other day because everyone is refusing AZ vaccine and said they will wait for others.

It is telling that our numbers are going down quite rapidly and we started with the wrinklies like me first. In Europe the seem to be in a bit of a muddle. If we want our cruise ships to dock anywhere, let's hope their prejudice changes.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1