New vaccine

hollyjess

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Thank you so much, Jane for taking the time to give me your advice.

There is a vaccination Centre not far from here, now, and I wish I had tried to get my husband there, which would have been very difficult, rather than asking for a home visit!

I have got some irons in the fire regarding the local CCG,  and so I believe has the local MP's PA, at my request, so I need to give it  a few more days to see what transpires.  We do live in a village, 6 miles from the nearest town.  All I really need to know is the reason it  is taking so long; if there is a valid one I will obviously be prepared to wait without making any further fuss, providing that our telephone booking a fortnight ago actually got  on the list.  Hopefully better news shortly.

LL

Good Morning Lincslady.  I hope you have some luck with the potential help from your MP - maybe he/she can move things on for you. Fingers crossed for your next post!  Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 2

Thank you, Jane - and others who have sent commiserations and good wishes!

I have just heard from the MP's PA.  She has got the local team to confirm that we are on their list, and will contact me, but could not yet give her a definite date.  (Surprise surprise).  She is following it up, and has indeed been very helpful.  In my reply I did say that I hoped that those in the Government who are in charge are aware that there are quite a few housebound people who are still waiting, and that the situation is far from satisfactory.

I will return when I have some real news - may be weeks rather than days away.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

I have just heard from the MP's PA.  She has got the local team to confirm that we are on their list, and will contact me, but could not yet give her a definite date.  (Surprise surprise).  She is following it up, and has indeed been very helpful.  In my reply I did say that I hoped that those in the Government who are in charge are aware that there are quite a few housebound people who are still waiting, and that the situation is far from satisfactory.

Take care and I really hope to hear from you very soon with good news regarding your home vaccinations.

Graham.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, lincslady said:

Good morning Lincslady. Well at least you have someone looking out for you now; and you know your name is definitely on the list. I really hope it's sooner than weeks. Flags and bunting will be flown on this site when we hear that day has come! Everything crossed for you. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Somebody should tweet or whatever you call it Piers Morgan.He's like a dog with a bone on issues like this.

I'd be too scared Brian - the man's relentless - but you're right. J.x

• Like 2

Interesting to see that the issue of group 6 (underling health issues and their Carers) being skipped over in many areas in favour of lower risk groups (as flagged by many of us in this thread a few weeks ago) was the first question in the Downing Street briefing last night. 

In true politicians style, Matt Hancock completely failed to answer it. Shame that he didn’t undertake to look at the issue, as whilst most of us on here have now had our jabs, the fact that the question was asked must mean that this is still not resolved everywhere. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I'd be too scared Brian - the man's relentless - but you're right. J.x

Brian - if you or anyone else does,  don't give him any chance to identify me; can't stand the man.  But, yes, you are probably right; this I think does need an airing, if what I have seen online in news from various papers round the country is true.  And; from fairly recent reports, not months ago.

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Interesting to see that the issue of group 6 (underling health issues and their Carers) being skipped over in many areas in favour of lower risk groups (as flagged by many of us in this thread a few weeks ago) was the first question in the Downing Street briefing last night. 

In true politicians style, Matt Hancock completely failed to answer it. Shame that he didn’t undertake to look at the issue, as whilst most of us on here have now had our jabs, the fact that the question was asked must mean that this is still not resolved everywhere. 

Although these things do receive a lot of media attention, quite often they are only a tiny fraction of the total numbers that are receiving their jabs in a timely manner.........just saying.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Although these things do receive a lot of media attention, quite often they are only a tiny fraction of the total numbers that are receiving their jabs in a timely manner.........just saying.

When my daughter, and others on here in group 6, were waiting for their vaccinations whilst seeing people at lower risk in other areas getting theirs, I saw and heard nothing whatsoever in the media.

I haven't counted, but would guess there were about half a dozen people just on this cruise forum who were in the position of not having their jabs in a timely manner. Just saying.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Group 6 is by far the biggest group John. The decision to only allow this group to be vaccinated at GP surgeries and not via the online NHS booking (at major hubs etc) has caused a delay to this group, which comprises many people who, due to their underlying health conditions, will have been pretty much shielding (even though not formally instructed to do). I would have happily driven my wife to a hub but couldn't do so as we couldn’t book online, meanwhile others in lower risk groups were able to do so. We were lucky that we have an excellent GP practice and only had this frustration for a week or so before getting jabbed, but many GP surgeries (including ours) are only having vaccination clinics one full day a week, so I had sympathy with the lady raising this point with the Health Secretary last night. Whilst politicians of all colours are incapable of answering direct questions, Matt Hancock’s reply was so irrelevant to the question asked (and factually incorrect) that I genuinely wondered if he was even aware of this issue. 

• Like 3

Hello folks  -  just had the phone call from the housebound vaccination team; they are coming tomorrow!!

I feel sure that the MP's intervention made the difference.

l will come back after the event, possibly after any side-effects have worn off.  Hope there won't be serious ones, as I do have to care for my husband, and am inclined to allergies.

Thank you all for your interest.

• Like 20

Just now, lincslady said:

Hello folks  -  just had the phone call from the housebound vaccination team; they are coming tomorrow!!

l will come back after the event, possibly after any side-effects have worn off.  Hope there won't be serious ones, as I do have to care for my husband, and am inclined to allergies.

Hooray! I am delighted for you and well done on your tenacity. 

4 minutes ago, lincslady said:

About time too. I'm so relieved and pleased for you. 

Avril

12 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Excellent news. Really pleased for you and your husband 

38 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Matt Hancock’s reply was so irrelevant to the question asked (and factually incorrect) that I genuinely wondered if he was even aware of this issue. 

Well he can have another go today in parliament at about 13:15 as he does 

a Q&A regarding covid with other MP's (Freeview 232)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Great news,didn't need Piers after all.Just the threat might have worked,lol.

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Somebody should tweet or whatever you call it Piers Morgan.He's like a dog with a bone on issues like this.

He is like a dog with a bone but he does ask MPs question that we all want to ask and want answers too which they should answer instead of dodging telling the truth. They obviously dont like being interviewed by him because they wouldnt appear on GMB for months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

l will come back after the event, possibly after any side-effects have worn off.  Hope there won't be serious ones,

Glad to read you are getting your jab's and would like to say do not worry about 

side-effects just yet . The old saying "bad news travels fast "  We read about people

who have mild side effects but very few where they leave people needing further 

medical treatment .Chances are you will be ok and no after effects at all so try 

not to worry as I think you will still be able to care for your husband .

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

You often remind us that it’s only a tiny fraction that are affected by this and that (you state on another thread that only low numbers will have fully paid for their cruises before the final balance is due), but for those individuals, the issues involved can be distressing or problematic. Just saying of course!

• Like 1

Surprised to see i have just had a Covid jab invite at 51yrs old, but i do have an occasional heart rhythm problem so always get offered the Flu jab which i always pass on.

Going  to pass on this one also  for now but they must be getting thru the age groups well which is good to see such excellent progress being made.

Edited by Chrisdriving

3 minutes ago, Chrisdriving said:

Surprised to see i have just had a jab invite at 51yrs old, but i do have an occasional heart rhythm problem so always get offered the Flu jab which i always pass on.

Going  to pass on this one also  for now but they must be getting thru the age groups well.

Seems a shame to pass on the vaccine, when the more people that are vaccinated, the safer we all will be. 

• Like 19