New vaccine

hollyjess

Thats not true, if you are vaccinated you are safer yourself regardless of what others do.

At least thats how its always been with every other illness since this one.

But i respect what you are saying as i hope you will respect my decision with what i do to my own body at this time.

AD7B2C0B-CFA3-4E68-B961-9A4A310306F2.png

2 minutes ago, Chrisdriving said:

Thats not true, if you are vaccinated you are safer yourself regardless of what others do.

But i respect what you are saying as i hope you will respect my decision with what i do to my own body at this time.

You obviously are not worried about being a burden to the NHS, or in helping society overcome the virus, so basically I see no need whatsoever to respect your decision.

• Like 8

Just now, wowzz said:

You obviously are not worried about being a burden to the NHS, or in helping society overcome the virus, so basically I see no need whatsoever to respect your decision.

Wowzz, as you know efficacy is not 100%,so if someone catches it they can pass it on. I will stop there and give no further opinion of the OP's view, but I do have some.

• Like 2

Just now, zap99 said:

Wowzz, as you know efficacy is not 100%,so if someone catches it they can pass it on. I will stop there and give no further opinion of the OP's view, but I do have some.

So do I :classic_sad:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I totally agree that the efficacy is not 100%, but it is certainly better than not being vaccinated at all.

Perhaps we can get the Queen to have a word!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I totally agree that the efficacy is not 100%, but it is certainly better than not being vaccinated at all.

There is some strong evidence coming out with several ongoing trials and studies showing the effectiveness of the vaccines. Even the French have approved the AZ vaccine for 65-75 year olds. So far things are looking very promising for the UK.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Sorry, my post was not clear. I meant that someone who decides they don't want a jab can catch it and pass it on to some folk that have been jabbed. Just a thought, but somebody who declines the jab could also exercise their right to decline medical treatment if they catch it.🤔

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

There is some strong evidence coming out with several ongoing trials and studies showing the effectiveness of the vaccines. Even the French have approved the AZ vaccine for 65-75 year olds. So far things are looking very promising for the UK.

It seems our much maligned leaders got something right and what a Biggie.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Hello folks  -  just had the phone call from the housebound vaccination team; they are coming tomorrow!!

I feel sure that the MP's intervention made the difference.

l will come back after the event, possibly after any side-effects have worn off.  Hope there won't be serious ones, as I do have to care for my husband, and am inclined to allergies.

Thank you all for your interest.

Good news at last.

Hopefully no side effects for either of you.

Graham.

50 minutes ago, Chrisdriving said:

Surprised to see i have just had a Covid jab invite at 51yrs old, but i do have an occasional heart rhythm problem so always get offered the Flu jab which i always pass on.

Going  to pass on this one also  for now but they must be getting thru the age groups well which is good to see such excellent progress being made.

Even at 51 your heart rhythm problem puts you at high risk of complications with Covid19 including hospitalisation.

It is your choice but I would seriously consider getting the vaccine jab.

Graham.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Hello folks  -  just had the phone call from the housebound vaccination team; they are coming tomorrow!!

l will come back after the event, possibly after any side-effects have worn off.  Hope there won't be serious ones, as I do have to care for my husband, and am inclined to allergies.

Fantastic news Lincslady.  I am so pleased for you both.  I'm sure your MP's intervention made things move.  I'm also relieved that no-one has to cross swords with Piers Morgan now!  Seriously, I hope it goes well and you don't get any after-effects.  Good luck and best wishes.  Jane.X

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, zap99 said:

but somebody who declines the jab could also exercise their right to decline medical treatment if they catch

You  might say that, I could not possibly comment! 

• Haha 1

Efficacy  is very good.  80% reduction for one dose , 95% for 2 doses. But it depends where you start

Given that chance of serious illness is very very much age related, a factor  between 5 and ten times per decade has been quoted. 

Thus 1 dose is equivalent to you being 10 years younger

Two doses equivalent to being 15 years younger.

So an 85 year old will have to take precautions of a 70 year old, which means even if it wasn't  the law,   they should still be careful until  cases rates fall quite a bit. So if cases rates remain high the elderly remain more vunerable than we'd like. Thus it beholden on everyone to get the vaccine, and reduce transmission.  Given that the vaccine reduces transmission by 2/3rds, if everyone was vaccinated it would be impossible for R to get above 1. Cases would fall and even the very old or very vunerable will be safe 

For youngsters,  ie when they get to vaccinate 50 year olds (without other vunerabilities) , then their odds will fall to very very low.

S

Edited by Windsurfboy

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Great news.  

I didn't have any side effects, so hopefully you won't either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

You often remind us that it’s only a tiny fraction that are affected by this and that (you state on another thread that only low numbers will have fully paid for their cruises before the final balance is due), but for those individuals, the issues involved can be distressing or problematic. Just saying of course!

I don't want to diminish the problems and possibly distress that these issues can create for those affected, but I like to try and get other posters to consider just how big or small this might be to the organisation involved, whether it is a large firm or a government dept, before they trip out on their concerns.

1 hour ago, Chrisdriving said:

If you have been watching any of the covid briefings you will have heard just about all the experts stating how important it is to deny the virus the opportunity to spread, and the only way to achieve this is through vaccination. So your decision not to be vaccinated is very selfish, because it will not just affect your health, and I cannot respect your decision.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Sorry, my post was not clear. I meant that someone who decides they don't want a jab can catch it and pass it on to some folk that have been jabbed. Just a thought, but somebody who declines the jab could also exercise their right to decline medical treatment if they catch it.🤔

That seems only fair.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I don't want to diminish the problems and possibly distress that these issues can create for those affected, but I like to try and get other posters to consider just how big or small this might be to the organisation involved, whether it is a large firm or a government dept, before they trip out on their concerns.

You and I look at things from different perspectives! I tend to look at things from the bottom up, the human element, not from the top down, the corporate angle.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I think we have to take stock of what has happened since Ugur Sahin and Ozlem Tureci

developed the 90% effective coronavirus vaccine. The production and giving the first 
jab in December was a fantastic achievement and what has been done by everyone
including the Government buying vaccine stock down to the person who jabs us is 
no doubt one of the best coordinated efforts we are ever likely to see in our lifetime.

They had to hit the floor running and admitted their would be blips along the way.
Let there be no mistake full credit to everyone right down to the persons having the jab ,

trying to make our world a safer place for everyone to live . Thank you to all involved.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

As even with a 95% reduction in chance of severe illness,  the elderly  85 year olds will still remain as vunerable  as a unvaccinated  70 year old. We must cut cases if they are to have their freedom.

So please even if you are hsppy taking a risk get vaccinated to reduce transmission and protect others

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lincslady said:

Thats brilliant news.😊

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

He is like a dog with a bone but he does ask MPs question that we all want to ask and want answers too which they should answer instead of dodging telling the truth. They obviously dont like being interviewed by him because they wouldnt appear on GMB for months.

I don't like him either but totally agree with you on that point.Loved it when Boris hid in the fridge.The only guy he praises is the vaccine minister.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 1

I was looking at tonight's figures  on the Public Data Table ,a few weeks ago it made  

horrific reading, the  table was a sea of red meaning cases were rising daily and in 

the hundreds . Looking tonight it is almost all green meaning cases are going down .

Birmingham and Leeds are still  over hundred cases today but are showing green ,

meaning they too are falling ,which is overall good news for the UK.

Do we put it down to the lockdown or the vaccine ? I like to think it's a bit of both . :classic_smile:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1APtcBmI4JeTR0Ysufjavgg2gy4MBiHz0Hf9eKIp5BSo/edit#gid=1865138965

• Like 9

Calm down, chaps.  I think many of us are getting very twitchy about everything, unsurprisingly.

My news is - we have just been vaccinated by two very personable young RAF Doctors, female, in their camouflage outfits and big brown boots.  It was Astra Zeneca.  I will report back if any serious side effects - I don't mind slight ones, but anything severe  would be a problem with husband needing to be looked after.

• Like 21

Just now, lincslady said:

Calm down, chaps.  I think many of us are getting very twitchy about everything, unsurprisingly.

My news is - we have just been vaccinated by two very personable young RAF Doctors, female, in their camouflage outfits and big brown boots.  It was Astra Zeneca.  I will report back if any serious side effects - I don't mind slight ones, but anything severe  would be a problem with husband needing to be looked after.

So glad to hear of your vaccination. What a relief.

my husband and I both felt a little achy and tired the following day, so hopefully any side effects won’t be too drastic 

• Like 1