8+ Night Update

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Unfortunately, in most cases of booked cruises that I have had...RCI mode of operation is to cancel AFTER final payment.  😞  Good luck, hope you get lucky and they cancel before.  

With no sailings allowed over 7 nights already decided  - it would really leave a bad business taste in my mouth if they didn't cancel or at least change itinerary before final payment........ 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

With no sailings allowed over 7 nights already decided  - it would really leave a bad business taste in my mouth if they didn't cancel or at least change itinerary before final payment........ 

My mouth has been soured for some time now...   😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, loug1601 said:

There is no chance the eight night cruise will be shortened to a seven night?

I am booked on Anthem of the Seas eight night departing from Bayonne on 10/30/21. 

Of course there is a chance. The problem is no one knows yet and many are weary of waiting on answers. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

What has to happen when the 8+ Day cruise ban be eliminated?

Right now cdc 40 page conditions extend to nov 1, 2021. Cdc would have to change their minds and lift it early. Imo cdc errors on the side of caution, so I wouldnt count on it. 

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Right now cdc 40 page conditions extend to nov 1, 2021. Cdc would have to change their minds and lift it early. Imo cdc errors on the side of caution, so I wouldnt count on it. 

Thanks.  Not good news for those with 8 or more day cruises prior to 11/1/2021.

We are booked on the now not available TA from New York to the UK at the end of April, 12 night, booked as a package through a UK TA, flights, New York accommodation then the cruise, so frustrating that RC won't admit its cancelled at the moment and allow us to get the full deposit refund here in the UK, least we could look into European options later in the year, as mentioned above the way RC are operating with getting full payment then cancelling so they have interest free loans from customers is frustrating, and it does leave you with a sour taste!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/30/2020 at 1:10 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

So far Ellen is correct.  The current terms and conditions state that you can only L&S once.

I also think that if they extended the L&S option they would allow a second L&S.  

That would be music to our ears if they would allow a 2nd  L&S for our September 2021 Europe Cruise in our Owners Suite !!    🙂 🙂 🙂 

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That would be music to our ears if they would allow a 2nd  L&S for our September 2021 Europe Cruise in our Owners Suite !!    🙂 🙂 🙂 

I'm hoping as well.  have 2 balconies on an Alaska cruise in July that were shifted from 2020 that I doubt will sail.  A bit more optimistic on our Baltic cruise in August but would be nice to shift it as well

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm hoping as well.  have 2 balconies on an Alaska cruise in July that were shifted from 2020 that I doubt will sail.  A bit more optimistic on our Baltic cruise in August but would be nice to shift it as well

Stay Optimistic!  I am so hoping!  It has to go down as one of the best booked ever deal plus the double points plus great business class airfare on points. win win win

On 11/30/2020 at 10:08 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I'm going to take a guess that they just answered a generic answer. I specifically remember reading that the points would be awarded AFTER the cruise on which the spa was booked took place. Otherwise everyone would have booked and cancelled as soon as they got the points.

Once Royal starts changing 8+ cruises and stops allowing B2B cruises, they will need to reconsider the shifting rules.  Those that shifted to 2022 should be safe.  Those that shifted to 2021 are the ones that will be in a bind if the shifting rules are not modified.

RCI cancelled all cruises out of Australia through end of April 2021, but my last leg of the 8 leg trip is the connection from mid way TP going from Honolulu, then on to Vancouver.  They have not cancelled this one that I know of.  It is an 11 night cruise, but is also not showing on any website any longer.  

Very frustrating not having an official cancellation notice on this one, which is certainly not going to happen.  

On 12/5/2020 at 1:56 AM, Ashland said:

No...not good news at all. We're booked for the 9 night Canada/New England Oct 2021.

I am on a 9 night Bahamas cruise out of Galveston, TX.  Ugh.  If only the CDC rule against longer cruises was through September 30 instead.

I will stay hopeful, but the fact there are no new bookings allowed makes me think this will scrapped in the end for two shorter cruises (which I think will be super common in 2021).  This would make me sad as no similar cruise is offered to life and shift to, and we have FCCs set to expire by December 31, 2021.  Hopefully, they at least extend the expirations on those.

Currently, we have canceled all of our cruise planner items (got a refund super fast) and will rebook as needed once we know what the heck is happening.  I was happy they refunded them in about a week (very pleased about that!), but I am just annoyed for no news about the cruise's fate.

Edited by jaredhamburg

37 minutes ago, jaredhamburg said:

I am on a 9 night Bahamas cruise out of Galveston, TX.  Ugh.  If only the CDC rule against longer cruises was through September 30 instead.

I will stay hopeful, but the fact there are no new bookings allowed makes me think this will scrapped in the end for two shorter cruises (which I think will be super common in 2021).  This would make me sad as no similar cruise is offered to life and shift to, and we have FCCs set to expire by December 31, 2021.  Hopefully, they at least extend the expirations on those.

I could have misunderstood @Ourusualbeachbut I think if you wait until the last minute to cancel you get a new fcc for a year from the date you cancel... so you would have longer to apply it to a new cruise. I probably have the details a little wrong, but waiting to cancel will extend the fcc.

Edited by firefly333

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I could have misunderstood @Ourusualbeachbut I think if you wait until the last minute to cancel you get a new fcc for a year from the date you cancel... so you would have longer to apply it to a new cruise. I probably have the details a little wrong, but waiting to cancel will extend the fcc.

I hope that works if I get a cash refund for the cash paid and the original FCC gets returned to me.  I am not going to get new FCC.  I am just hoping they do a shorter Bahamas itinerary (can leave off Florida) to make it seven days.

1 minute ago, jaredhamburg said:

I hope that works if I get a cash refund for the cash paid and the original FCC gets returned to me.  I am not going to get new FCC.  I am just hoping they do a shorter Bahamas itinerary (can leave off Florida) to make it seven days.

You can only get a cash refund for the cash you paid if they cancel, guess you are in for a wait while they figure it out.

Just now, firefly333 said:

You can only get a cash refund for the cash you paid if they cancel, guess you are in for a wait while they figure it out.

True.  I am willing to wait.  They will probably say nothing until after final payment is due in the middle of next year.  I also booked refundable fare when paying my deposits (paid those without using FCC).  So, I should be able to get 100% of that back whenever.  Then, my travel agent applied the FCCs.  I am hoping they extend the FCCs through December 31, 2022, for more options if this ship does not go.

21 minutes ago, jaredhamburg said:

True.  I am willing to wait.  They will probably say nothing until after final payment is due in the middle of next year.  I also booked refundable fare when paying my deposits (paid those without using FCC).  So, I should be able to get 100% of that back whenever.  Then, my travel agent applied the FCCs.  I am hoping they extend the FCCs through December 31, 2022, for more options if this ship does not go.

Yes, you can cancel at any time up until final payment and get 100% of your deposit back.  If you wait until just before final is due to cancel then the FCC will be reissued with an expiry date 12 months from the date you cancel. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, you can cancel at any time up until final payment and get 100% of your deposit back.  If you wait until just before final is due to cancel then the FCC will be reissued with an expiry date 12 months from the date you cancel. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wait....I thought if you cancel before final payment, your deposit will only be refunded as FCC??