All my booked cruises are now showing this?

Topdog52

7 hours ago, kaprin02 said:

CCL has cancelled *some* ships until Nov (3 ships)....their fleetwide cancellations are still only through April at this time, just like NCL.  Just to be clear.

Yes you are correct that only 3 ships have cancelled but the question is will there be more? Is this the real reason behind NCL's site and not a Glitch? Here is part of an article that is very interesting.   I sure hope this does not happen.

"The world's biggest publicly traded cruise line announced a new slew of "ship-specific cruise cancellations and movements." Among the new developments, three cruise ships -- Carnival Magic, Carnival Paradise, and Carnival Valor -- are going to be laid up in dry dock until November 2021, and cruises aboard these ships that were slated to begin as early as June will now be canceled.  

And that's the good news.

Carnival may be the catalyst for today's sell-off, but it's not the only cruise line encountering difficulties. As Barron's noted on Friday, cruises aboard all three major cruise lines are now not expected to resume before the fourth quarter of 2021, or even early 2022." 

One of my cruises (October 2021) has changed to reminding me to "make that final payment before you pack".  Since it's almost 9 months away I'm going to be waiting awhile before I do either of those two.

The rest of my booked cruises no longer have a 'Time is running out...' message.   Big improvement😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

If I was a more suspicious person, I’d think that NCL left the glitch there as long as they could get away with it, hoping that people would be suckered into making final/additional payments early...

Thing is...I tried, it wont let me make a payment lol.

My error isnt fixed, I still have it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 3:45 PM, Sand and Seas said:

One of my cruises (October 2021) has changed to reminding me to "make that final payment before you pack".  Since it's almost 9 months away I'm going to be waiting awhile before I do either of those two.

The rest of my booked cruises no longer have a 'Time is running out...' message.   Big improvement😎

My October 2021 cruise still reminds me to "make that final payment before you pack"

And my only Oct. 2021 cruise seems fine, however, it's a Hawai'ian cruise on POA. Any relation?

Not long ago this was the message many of us were receiving and it turned out to be a glitch.  Is this another glitch which are cruises, maybe those involving a stop to Canada, involved? 

Goodness, sure wish NCL would make things a bit clearer for everyone. 

Good luck, fingers crossed for everyone. 

Cheers

13 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

While my payment reminder has gone the weird cruise name still remains.

image.png.81351008f8053134ffda627f6ac93049.png

Does your weird cruise include flights?  My Sun Alaska May 2022 is just called “SUNSEASITICYSGYJNUKTNVICSEA“.  My December 2021 PoA cruise is fine, no weird name.  The payment warning pic is gone for both.  

At least the name helps me remember the order of the ports...

Edited by bookbabe

1 hour ago, bookbabe said:

Does your weird cruise include flights?  My Sun Alaska May 2022 is just called “SUNSEASITICYSGYJNUKTNVICSEA“.  My December 2021 PoA cruise is fine, no weird name.  The payment warning pic is gone for both.  

At least the name helps me remember the order of the ports...

You'd think so from the wording but strangely no, I have no flights included.

• Thanks 1

I can't imagine booking a cruise so far out like that.     Why would you do it?    Cruises won't sell out.   You don't get the best deals booking ridiculously early.   Now you don't know if they will even be going.   Why do people book any cruise so far out?

48 minutes ago, Vyhanek said:

I can't imagine booking a cruise so far out like that.     Why would you do it?    Cruises won't sell out.   You don't get the best deals booking ridiculously early.   Now you don't know if they will even be going.   Why do people book any cruise so far out?

If the price goes down, call up and get the deal 😄

47 minutes ago, Vyhanek said:

You are wrong as you have no idea what deal I got, you have made incorrect assumptions.

2 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

If the price goes down, call up and get the deal 😄

That's what people in the US do but we can't in the UK, we lose our deposit if we reprice a cruise as it's classed as a rebooking. I have cancelled and rebooked before when the deposit was only £50pp and the price drop made it worthwhile.
Normally I only book a bargain a long way out now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ziggyuk said:

You are wrong as you have no idea what deal I got, you have made incorrect assumptions

Excellent point. I got a great deal as well, for my cruise on the BA in May 2022.  

And "vive la différence".  We all the right to make our own choices. 

Hope we all get to enjoy our choices. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vyhanek said:

Because we have credits that have to be used within a certain timeframe and we can always cancel.  That's why.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Vyhanek said:

It's all reward, no risk at this point, honestly.

If the price goes up - I'm already locked in.  If the price goes down - I get to book the new lower price.

I get my choice of cabins.  If things aren't looking great a year from now, I can cancel my trip before final payment and get all of my money back.

And all it costs me is a $300 (refundable) deposit.  Where's the downside?

• Like 3