Morning After VAX 1

NavArch64

13 hours ago, SonicShip said:

My wife got the first shot and final shot next week. She is breastfeeding and the baby should have the protection of the vaccine. My wife is in a study. So hopefully our daughter is protected the same as if she took the vaccine.

Thanking you and your wife for taking part in this study. You are both heroes in my book.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

Oh interesting. I wonder if anyone has done antibody tests on infants to demonstrate this?

Overall, though, we are in terrible shape to suggest requiring vaccines any time this year for adults still, and children won't have access until next year.  I am supposed to be in group 1c in NY as I have diabetes.  Originally they said March or April. Now it looks like May or June. And general population is being told not to expect access until August at the earliest, and probably September-October. Plus a month to the second vaccine, plus a month to full effectiveness.... plus who would plop down $4K in final payment wondering if you will get both does of your vaccine?

Who is paying for vaccine. It is free.

Edited by coffeebean

3 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

My second dose was scheduled for 28 days after the first one, same time, same location. Very simple.

Not so simple in Central Florida. We had a mass vaccination site that ran like clockwork. Had my 1st Moderna shot Jan.13th and before the vaccination was even done, was given my appointment for the 2nd shot online when I selected the date and time frame for my 1st shot. Sounds great right? Not so fast. After one week of this wonderful drive up mass vaccination site was running like a well oiled machine, they closed up shop because they ran out of vaccines.

The county (Sumter) has taken over all the appointments that are pending, including those like me who need their 2nd shot. I hope our county receives enough vaccines to at least administer vaccine to those who need those 2nd shots in the time frame they are supposed to receive them.

Edited by coffeebean

18 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Not so simple in Central Florida. We had a mass vaccination site that ran like clockwork. Had my 1st Moderna shot Jan.13th and before the vaccination was even done, was given my appointment for the 2nd shot online when I selected the date and time frame for my 1st shot. Sounds great right? Not so fast. After one week of this wonderful drive up mass vaccination site was running like a well oiled machine, they closed up shop because they ran out of vaccines.

The county (Sumter) has taken over all the appointments that are pending, including those like me who need their 2nd shot. I hope our county receives enough vaccines to at least administer vaccine to those who need those 2nd shots in the time frame they are supposed to receive them.

Not better over here in Volusia.  The only way us over 65 can get vaccinated is to spend hours online trying to get one of the appts either thru the county or at Publix.  I have not been successful with neither.  Hope you get your second shot  Hopefully when the Johnson one jab gets approved things will get better 

1 hour ago, flyguyjake said:

Operation Dope Speed. What a joke. This is just like no PPE back in March or failed Testing still today. Looks like vaccinating this country will take well into 2022.

It probably would have rolled out faster if they would have let a drug cartel handle the distribution.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

So I guess they aren’t holding back the second shot for those who received the first shot. 

On 1/22/2021 at 1:08 PM, yogimax said:

Had first Moderna shot.  Very minor arm soreness.  More a sense of relief that the process of protection had begun.

We get our second shot next week. Like you, our first one gave us a sense of relief that the process had begun. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

My second dose was scheduled for 28 days after the first one, same time, same location. Very simple.

Me, too.  I had my first shot today at the drive through clinic, and while I was sitting in my car waiting for the required 20 minutes after the shot, they gave me a code to scan to make my 2nd appointment. 

• Like 1

We received the first Moderna shot and were able to schedule the second shot for 32 days later.  The Moderna recommendation is 28 days but apparently, there is some wiggle room, at least for Moderna.

Here in NYC, we ran out of vaccine on Friday.  Seems like there was no national reserve as formerly promised.

Had my first Moderna vaccine 12/24 and had arm soreness and body achiness for 2 days. Just had my second dose 1/21 and arm soreness and body achiness first 24 hours then had symptoms of the flu for the next 36 hours(fever, headache, body aches severe, and fatigue) . Took 4 hour nap in the middle of the day and I never nap. Symptoms now gone

• Like 2

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Not better over here in Volusia.  The only way us over 65 can get vaccinated is to spend hours online trying to get one of the appts either thru the county or at Publix.  I have not been successful with neither.  Hope you get your second shot  Hopefully when the Johnson one jab gets approved things will get better 

Thanks.

On 1/23/2021 at 1:41 PM, flyguyjake said:

There is no live virus in the vaccine. It is impossible to "catch" covid from the vaccine. You only have 50% immunity 2 weeks after the first dose and 95% immunity 3 weeks after your 2nd dose. During that entire time you can catch covid. Also it can take up to 14 days for a person to develop symptoms from covid. So unfortunately your friend caught covid before being vaccinated.

I wasn't attributing his contraction of Covid to the vaccination.  He obviously had it when he received the vaccination.  He is much better but still in the hospital.   He and his wife thought they were being so safe and it turns out the dutiful daughter brought it home to them.

In Tallahassee, Capital Health Plan is rolling Pfizer vaccines to doctors in their system.  Have yet to hear of any delays in 2nd shot.  Ours scheduled for the 11th. so we'll wait to see if we get a cancellation call or not.

Big hurdle in distribution is all the red tape that gets loaded onto the system by Feds and State Govs.

Remove that gobblegook and let normal flu shot type distributions flow.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Who is paying for vaccine. It is free.

No No... I mean plop down their cruise final payment, knowing that a vaccine is required, but haven't got the vaccine yet and don't know when they will be able to get it with the delays we see now!

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

In Tallahassee, Capital Health Plan is rolling Pfizer vaccines to doctors in their system.  Have yet to hear of any delays in 2nd shot.  Ours scheduled for the 11th. so we'll wait to see if we get a cancellation call or not.

Big hurdle in distribution is all the red tape that gets loaded onto the system by Feds and State Govs.

Remove that gobblegook and let normal flu shot type distributions flow.

I think when the J&J single shot is granted EUA that will go a long way in accomplishing the “normal vaccination flow”

They have 100 million doses ready to ship, and 1 billion committed for 2021. 

I can see this allowing the Walgreens and CVSs of the world get into the game due to not needing to track second doses. 

Just my opinion, I’ve been wrong plenty. 

• Like 2

In New York they have stopped accepting appointments (if you could even get one) and supply is all but dried up with unknown amounts coming this week or next.   We were in 1b with 1c opened in theory. 1b includes first responders and Key front line workers like Teachers.  That group is stalled and those that got their first dose are not sure there is supply for the scheduled second dose. Nobody in 1c is being called to schedule (we in 1c are supposed to wait for our primary care doctor to tell us to come in.)

And reports the Federal Government can't account for millions of doses of inventory... lost track of it.

1 hour ago, PelicanBill said:

No No... I mean plop down their cruise final payment, knowing that a vaccine is required, but haven't got the vaccine yet and don't know when they will be able to get it with the delays we see now!

Can you provide a link Where RCG made a vaccine mandatory? 

I’d only heard of a UK 55+ line making it mandatory 

Edited by BSocial
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, flyguyjake said:

Merck's out as their vaccine wasn't better than natural immunity

https://www.businessinsider.com/merck-covid-vaccines-drop-out-disappointing-trial-results-2021-1

It would be nice if some of the successful companies could/would license theirs to companies whose trials didn't go as well.  that would boost overall production.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

DH and I were fortunate to get our first dose of Moderna at Publix a week ago today;  our 2nd dose appointment was given when we registered for our first shot.   Didn't feel the needle, and my arm was barely sore at all;   neither of us had any reaction.

We went to Publix in Collier County (two-hour drive) last Wednesday for our first shot.  We are registered in Manatee County, where there is a list and names are drawn randomly.  There are over 144,000 names on the list, so we considered Manatee to be our backup plan.  So, only five days after receiving the Collier County shot, we were called by Manatee County this morning.  Happy that two additional people got to be scheduled this week in our spots.  

• Like 1