Morning After VAX 1

NavArch64

30 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

... just a sore shoulder. Looking forward to 1st RCCL booking on Jewel for Sept 20 out of Boston. Expect all guests and crew to be required to have proof of VAX. Can that be accomplished by then? What do you think?

If it goes, it will be adults only unless they waive the vaccine requirement for children!  At this point we it is really hard to say if we will see a majority of Americans vaccinated by then. Most reports I am seeing say fall for the last group, no longer summer.  Crossing my fingers for supply issues to be solved, then the issue becomes the % of people not willing to get vaccinated.  That could driving masking and social distancing into next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NavArch64 said:

... just a sore shoulder. Looking forward to 1st RCCL booking on Jewel for Sept 20 out of Boston. Expect all guests and crew to be required to have proof of VAX. Can that be accomplished by then? What do you think?

Got Pfizer # 1yesterday as well.

Very slight soreness in my arm, nothing else whatsoever. 

#2 on Feb. 11th.  

Bosco

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PelicanBill said:

Crossing my fingers for supply issues to be solved, then the issue becomes the % of people not willing to get vaccinated.  That could driving masking and social distancing into next year.

The J & J SINGLE dose DNA vaccine could be out by sometime in February.

Stable at regular refrigerator temperatures and long shelf life make it much easier for injection sites like CVS, Walgreens, Doctor's offices anywhere there is a fridge... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

The J & J SINGLE dose DNA vaccine could be out by sometime in February.

Stable at regular refrigerator temperatures and long shelf life make it much easier for injection sites like CVS, Walgreens, Doctor's offices anywhere there is a fridge... 

Johnson & Johnson Vaccine on track for March roll out

• Like 2

I got my appointment at the Publix pharmacy this morning for the vaccine,

next Wednesday, and the second 4 weeks later. We are getting the Moderna in our county.

A doctor friend participated in the trials and told us his only issue was a sore arm.

The process allows you to select the store, then it shows the dates available, then you can select a time, and  answer a bunch of questions.  by the time you do that, somebody may have already locked that time, so you have to

try again.  I decided that I would go to the last day available, and pick a time there, and that worked.  It would have been nice if, when you selected your time, it would have locked that time till you complete the process, and if you didn't complete it , it would just release the time for someone else.

They do seem to do better than the guys at RCI IT dept.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

Had first Moderna shot.  Very minor arm soreness.  More a sense of relief that the process of protection had begun.

We get our second shot next week. Like you, our first one gave us a sense of relief that the process had begun. 

• Like 6

Nephew, a fireman (40 yrs old), had the 2nd Pfizer last week. 24hours later he couldn't stand up and was in bed about 24hrs before getting enough strength back to get out of bed. Ran a 101.5 fever. 1st shot wasn't an issue. According to his doctor, his reaction will give him better resistance.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, orville99 said:

Got our first Moderna on 12/30. Getting our second dose on 1/26. First one was painless with no side effects. Hopefully the second one will be as well.

Most colleagues who have already got both injections have said the second one was more often associated with minor side effects, e.g., fever, myalgias (muscle soreness), some fatigue.

31 minutes ago, Jingerwoppy said:

Nephew, a fireman (40 yrs old), had the 2nd Pfizer last week. 24hours later he couldn't stand up and was in bed about 24hrs before getting enough strength back to get out of bed. Ran a 101.5 fever. 1st shot wasn't an issue. According to his doctor, his reaction will give him better resistance.

I have heard more people with complications after getting pfizer then the moderna vaccine.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the temp it must be stored. 

I did here the tests done on people after 7 to 10 days after 2nd jab of pfizer are showing 98% antibodies.  Which is Excellent!

Edited by Sunshine3601

2 hours ago, Jingerwoppy said:

Yes, the side effects show the vaccine is working.

DW had both doses. No reaction after the first dose. The second dose caused soreness in her arm and achy all day. My DIL who had covid last February  received the first dose yesterday and she had flu like symptoms all day. She took advil and that helped. From what I have been hearing, those who actually had Covid seem to have the worst reactions.

Edited by Iamcruzin

I got a big surprise in my email today.  I had signed up with both my county health department, and Kaiser.  The health department said they received a supply and said I could have an appointment in two days, Sunday.  When I signed up it was literally, "don't call or email us; we'll contact you".  So, I figured Kaiser would get to me first.  What a surprise.

I would have made one for my husband, too, but he has a doctor's phone consult on Monday for something else, and wants to make sure it's OK to get the vaccine now.  I hope they have appointments still available.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jingerwoppy said:

I sure would hesitate to give that one to an elderly, frail person.

15 hours ago, NavArch64 said:

I don't think it will happen.   I doubt there will be enough vaccine available to supply to cruise lines to vaccinate all of the crew.

8 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

I would have guessed the opposite !

Apparently they have antibodies and the vaccine is adding more antibodies which causes the reaction. My DIL said she felt like she had the beginning symptoms of Covid like she had back last Feb. My wife has a coworker who also had Covid in May. She is 25. She was out sick for two days after the vaccination.

Edited by Iamcruzin

6 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

DW had both doses. No reaction after the first dose. The second dose caused soreness in her arm and achy all day. My DIL who had covid last February  received the first dose yesterday and she had flu like symptoms all day. She took advil and that helped. From what I have been hearing, those who actually had Covid seem to have the worst reactions.

Yes, a few of my fellow nurses who had covid said the same.  They had it at different times last summer and early fall.  Haven't read anything yet about that online but this is all still new.  

21 hours ago, NavArch64 said:

On a related note- since the rollout in my state is so, so slow, I am starting to worry that the DH and I won’t have our vaccine by our cruise next Feb 😞