Mandate the vaccine and establish a realistic start date

16 hours ago, cured said:

You do realize that 103 years ago during the 1918 Spanish flu, masks were mandated, schools and public amusement places closed along with other things that are being done during today's pandemic?  Virus knowledge was at its infancy, but even then, the scientists knew that masks contained spread. I am not sure where you get the information that masks and lockdowns are new things for pandemics.

Actually the covid mask debate was quite similar to the Spanish Flu mask debate.  No real evidence that they worked (especially back then with gauze masks being popular) despite high compliance. Public officials were caught back then not wearing masks, too, despite telling citizens to do so.  And much like today, back then some claimed masks worked great, others said they did nothing and the flu just died out on its own.

22 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

That's great and all but, still need crew. Crew who are vaccinated that is. That is gonna take quite some time, think 2022-2023-2024.....no one knows for sure. 

If we are having problems getting Americans vaccinated, how are cruise lines crew/ foreign countries going to jump to the front of the line. 

Big business going to buy their way to the front?

Depending on what talking heads one listens to there is NO problem getting doses or giving vaccines. Don't see that being the case. 92 y/o FIL got 1st shot 2 weeks ago and they couldn't give my wife a realistic date when 2nd dose would be available. " We'll text you to set up a date when we (Drug Store) know more."

55 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder how vaccinated people would feel about a ship with a non-vaccinated crew. The chances of a major cruise malfunction would sure give me second, third, and fourth thoughts about getting on the ship.

Not good especially if I were required to get one

Edited by molly361
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, kirtihk said:

What I see within last 2.5 years a reference to the “consequences” actually mean punishment, and that’s the biggest problem of all. One is supposed to be scared of personal actions, conclusions, and the most dangerously even thoughts. Everything must be in line with the main stream, and any movement in the other direction is prohibited. For last few weeks it is getting really, really ugly. I was forced to be scared from birth. Now, enough is enough for me. Unfortunately, the location in this planet does not change anything. The history repeats itself. I refuse to be scared anymore.

Not sure what this has to do with my post.  My post was about freedom of choice.

One is free to refuse the vaccine if they feel it is not right for them.

In turn, businesses are also free to decide that mandating a vaccine to use their services is right for them.

In each, choices have consequences. If many businesses decide that mandating a vaccine is best for their bottom line, then those who choose not to vaccinate will not be able to use those businesses and will need to find alternatives.  There will most likely be enough businesses that don't mandate a vaccine. 

However, if concert halls, movie theaters, restaurants, sports venues, and yes, cruise lines, decide that they will be more profitable mandating a vaccine, that is not unfair to those who choose not to vaccinate.  That is the freedom of choice for the business.

If one demands that their choices be respected, they must also then respect the choices of others including businesses, even if it might limit their involvement.

It had nothing to do with being forced to be scared.  In fact, people do have freedom of choice of what they want to do.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Not much air travel in 1918

Plenty of cruise travel

And here I thought airports dated back to the revolutionary war  🤣

(just kidding. I know it was a slip of the tongue and no one really believes the airports were stormed during the revolutionary war.)

Edited by cured
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cured said:

And here I thought airports dated back to the revolutionary war  🤣

(just kidding. I know it was a slip of the tongue and no one really believes the airports were stormed during the revolutionary war.)

Made for some great memes that I can't share on humor thread😉🤣🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kirtihk said:

Not just free, speech period

So speech is a threat?  A threat to who?  I didn't understand the PP, and you didn't clear things up.

If you, or the PP, thinks "Free Speech" is UNDER threat because of the limits placed on you by a message board, I suggest doing some research on the 1st Amendment, what it covers, and what it doesn't. 

Edited by S.A.M.J.R.
  • Like 1

If they want to cruise all they have to do is like all the adult all inclusive"s we have been to last year.

I just can not see them at 60% capacity  no food lines at all  only sit down only QR codes on phones to see menus only two people at a table  when you walk in to a building step on sanitizer mat take your temp and hand sanitizer in front of them if you walk out of the dining room and come back in have to redo it again.  two loungers and then two missing  very little chairs at bars  entertainment area  the same 2 chairs missing and every other row empty,  inside a building mask wearing. Rooms are not used twice in a row  luggage is sprayed out side before they bring it inside the lobby. Free medical and room if you do get sick. Now you need a negative PCR test 72 hours before you go and come and they provide that free when you are going back home. Like the airlines state the receipt of vaccination  is not usable .

Can a cruise ship really do all of that with 60% of space  is inside now RCCL whats to track you with wrist bands and can not get off unless with excursion from ship if the island allow it .  They are pushed out till April but that is spring break I would say Sept  only 7 days  mostly at sea .

2 minutes ago, Williamsburgcruiser said:

I'd like to know where on Royal Caribbean website we can provide our vaccination information. 

Part of crown and anchor page?  

This should have been available already!

Post it all here... I’m sure somebody from Royal Caribbean will see it and make a note to your file.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

On 1/29/2021 at 4:28 PM, ace2542 said:

It only takes 1 variant to evade a vaccine and you are back to square one.

On 1/30/2021 at 2:17 AM, chengkp75 said:

Ah, so you predict that smallpox, which has been officially declared eradicated by the WHO, could come back?  If there is no more virus to mutate, since there is no virus in any human host, where does the "variant" come from?

Great point, chengkp75.  Smallpox, another virus, was a horrible, painful, disfiguring disease that permanently scarred not only the skin but also the victims’ internal organs.  Many sufferers went blind and fully half died.  The smallpox pandemic killed between 300-500 million people in its 12,000-year existence (I sure hope the covid pandemic’s duration is a LOT shorter).  Thanks to the development of the vaccine, the last outbreak of smallpox in the U.S. was in 1949.  The vaccine was routinely given to children in the 1950's and the virus was permanently eradicated from our planet in 1980 thanks to everyone being vaccinated.  

35 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

As humorous as this post is, it does show another level of the Ponzi scheme that cruise lines have been playing since March.

Right now, I could book Explorer out of Galveston for June '21. Just four months from now. With no evidence of vaccination ... because the cruise lines don't even have a protocol on dealing with that issue yet.

This would be a cruel joke 🤡 ... but in fact, it's just another scam for the cruise lines to entice customers to give them interest-free loans. (Even as those cruise lines sink deeper and deeper into debt).

You would think that after all this time people would stop taking the bait. Unless someone has been living under a rock they have to know a June cruise is unlikely to happen. Most assuredly they are not going to know what the experience will be like IF the cruise happens.

Is the possibility if getting a 125% FCC really that enticing?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

As humorous as this post is, it does show another level of the Ponzi scheme that cruise lines have been playing since March.

Right now, I could book Explorer out of Galveston for June '21. Just four months from now. With no evidence of vaccination ... because the cruise lines don't even have a protocol on dealing with that issue yet.

This would be a cruel joke 🤡 ... but in fact, it's just another scam for the cruise lines to entice customers to give them interest-free loans. (Even as those cruise lines sink deeper and deeper into debt).

How are the prices?

Any suites available?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Do any of you live in a place where hospitalizations and deaths have dropped yet from vaccinations? 

Dallas still has high deaths still from holiday exposures.

How would we know whether the changes are directly attributable to the vaccine?

18 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

How would we know whether the changes are directly attributable to the vaccine?

Nothing else we have done has brought them down. If we start seeing covid hospitalizations and deaths drop, I'm going to assume vaccinations are starting to kick in and help.

Since hospitalizations and deaths lag the positives reported, it's a lagging indicator. I'll be watching these numbers. Do what you want. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Nothing else we have done has brought them down. If we start seeing covid hospitalizations and deaths drop, I'm going to assume vaccinations are starting to kick in and help.

Since hospitalizations and deaths lag the positives reported, it's a lagging indicator. I'll be watching these numbers. Do what you want. 

You don't think this could just be the end of Fauci's Christmas surge?

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Do .....

Dallas still has high deaths still from holiday exposures.

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You don't think this could just be the end of Fauci's Christmas surge?

Yes that's the holiday I was talking about lol, whatever holiday you celebrated during this time. Dallas is running about 40 deaths a day.

I cant wait until we start seeing obvious signs the vaccine is kicking in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yes that's the holiday I was talking about lol, whatever holiday you celebrated during this time. Dallas is running about 40 deaths a day.

I cant wait until we start seeing obvious signs the vaccine is kicking in.

I'm looking forward to that too, but this number needs to go up faster. 🙂

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/health/covid-vaccine-states-distribution-doses/

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Do  what you want indeed.

I live in a city of 1,000,000 or a bit more.  We haven’t had all that much vaccination and most of that has been in the seniors and health care community.  Here is a snapshot of the latest data from Ottawa Public Health.  I think closures, distancing and masks have been the main contributors to improvements in my city.

FEDF42F4-17C4-47B9-A316-3734F63F1CAB.png

• Like 1