CDC UPDATE

trbarton

20 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Here’s the latest update from the CDC issued January 26, 2021....https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-cruise-ship

Tom😀

Thanks, but I cannot make sense of the information. 

I couldn't find what Ombud found either. I usually get lost in loop trying links. 

@OmbudAre there any ships not in red?

21 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Thanks, but I cannot make sense of the information. 

I couldn't find what Ombud found either. I usually get lost in loop trying links. 

@OmbudAre there any ships not in red?

The full chart containing all of the applicable ships is about half way down the page following a variety of paragraphs explaining a variety of details.

Just now, Ken the cruiser said:

The full chart containing all of the applicable ships is about half way down the page following a variety of paragraphs explaining a variety of details.

Yep, thanks, I kept clicking the links within the CDC website and stopped looking. I found it after Ombud showed me. DUH on me. 😞

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tillys mom said:

It also says that the ships not listed are not scheduled to sail into or out of the US. 

Which is quite different than not sailing (I'm a little concerned about a December 2021 Sapphire Princess Cruise in Oz)

Bottom line is we cannot expect the Cruise Lines in the U.S. to begin cruising until the vaccines are widely available.  Even then, there might be a problem in that children probably will not be cleared to receive the vaccine until, at the very least, the Fall.

I could see a situation in which children my not be permitted on cruise vessels for the near future.  

1 hour ago, stevenr597 said:

I could see a situation in which children my not be permitted on cruise vessels for the near future.  

Well now....this is an interesting observation. One I’ve not yet heard offered until now. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

My next ship is red (fitting color for Ruby). Go to link, find your Princess ship status in CCL group

My next ship is Sapphire Princess and it isn't even on the list! We're supposed to sail in January of 2022 but I'm telling my wife not to plan on it actually happening.

1 minute ago, Bgwest said:

Well now....this is an interesting observation. One I’ve not yet heard offered until now. 

And I have 2 cruises booked with kids (7 & 15). Princess had no problem applying their FCC

@Thrakthe list is only ships sailing in or out of USA ports. My Sapphire Princess cruise is downunder, isn't yours?

Edited by Ombud

The information on the linked page is really about whether crew from those ships can disembark and use commercial airlines to return home. Jumping to the table without reading all the text above it may give a false impression regarding what the table is about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, brisalta said:

The information on the linked page is really about whether crew from those ships can disembark and use commercial airlines to return home. Jumping to the table without reading all the text above it may give a false impression regarding what the table is about.

Re-read and you are absolutely correct.  Table has nothing to do with sailing again with paying passengers.

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

And I have 2 cruises booked with kids (7 & 15). Princess had no problem applying their FCC

@Thrakthe list is only ships sailing in or out of USA ports. My Sapphire Princess cruise is downunder, isn't yours?

Yes, that's correct. I guess the one after those(also on Sapphire) is actually out of Vancouver so it wouldn't be on the list either. My bad. Thanks for the correction.

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Yes, that's correct. I guess the one after those(also on Sapphire) is actually out of Vancouver so it wouldn't be on the list either. My bad. Thanks for the correction.

I thought Sapphire was going to Australia / New Zealand and staying there.

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

No matter where or when the cruise ship is sailing, Princess has not decided what the rules might be for having had the vaccination.

7 hours ago, trbarton said:

Here’s the latest update from the CDC issued January 26, 2021....https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-cruise-ship

And a key point is stated near the beginning:

"CDC recommends that all people avoid travel on cruise ships, including river cruises, worldwide"

8 hours ago, franktown said:

Re-read and you are absolutely correct.  Table has nothing to do with sailing again with paying passengers.

Well, it does and it doesn't.  A "green" status means that the cruise line's covid remediation plan for crew has been approved, and that the ship has been reporting weekly on crew symptoms for 28 days with no cases of covid reported.  If you look at the Framework for Conditional Sailing Certificate, it states that the ship must be in "green" status, and maintain the remediation plan, and continue to maintain "green" status during the interim and during the simulated cruises.  So, the "green" status for crew disembarkations is a pre-requisite to obtaining a Conditional Sailing Certificate.  Any ship not in "green" status cannot even submit plans for simulated cruising.

• Like 2