Club class dining but eating in regular dining room

MudderBear

Hello.  Very good friends of ours might join us on our cruise, but they won't be booking Club Class like we are.  If we sat with them in the regular dining room, would we be able to order the "extra" that is being served in Club Class?  In other words, if the "extra" was a lobster tail or something, would we be able to get that even if we are in the main dining room and not the club class section?

Thanks.

Club class extra dishes are only available in the club class dining area as far as I know. If they were to serve you a club class entree not on the MDR menu others would demand to know why they can’t have it. Especially if it was something that really stands out like a surf and turf plate

• Like 1

Don't believe the extra will be lobster tail. Extra item is a table side preparation not available in the regular DR.

Question: Are you in a full suite or a club class mini suite? If a mini then why pay the extra for club class if you intend to dine each evening in the regular DR? The fare savings for a non club class mini suite is large enough to pay for a number of special restaurant visits for both parties.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 2

No, club class dining is only available when dining within the club class dining area.  Lobster was never the extra entree when we have dined in club class.  If I were you, I would not be paying all that extra fare to miss out on the perks you are paying for.  I agree with Skynight.  Unless you are in a full suite, you are really not getting your money's worth.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

No, club class dining is only available when dining within the club class dining area.  Lobster was never the extra entree when we have dined in club class.  If I were you, I would not be paying all that extra fare to miss out on the perks you are paying for.  I agree with Skynight.  Unless you are in a full suite, you are really not getting your money's worth.  

To each his/her own. 😀  For us the main draw of Club Class is the ability to be able to get a table for 2 without a wait.  Also, the extra item and the attentive service is a plus.

However, I agree it would make no sense for the OP if they were going to eat in the MDR.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MudderBear said:

Thanks all.  The only reason why we are club class was to get the particular  suite we wanted. 🙂

Did you mean a Suite or a club class cabin ???

because if you are in a suite a would not give up the suite breakfast...

and as others have said is you are in a club class cabin and don't use the club class dining area... you are just paying more money for nothing.....

anyway Enjoy your cruise    Don

• Like 1

We've experienced Club Class dining several times.  The "extra" item served was either a special salad, a pasta dish, or a dessert not available on the regular dining menu.  The head waiter of the Club Class section usually prepared this additional option in a section of the Club Class dining area.   Sorry.....no lobster.    

7 hours ago, MudderBear said:

Hello.  Very good friends of ours might join us on our cruise, but they won't be booking Club Class like we are.  If we sat with them in the regular dining room, would we be able to order the "extra" that is being served in Club Class?  In other words, if the "extra" was a lobster tail or something, would we be able to get that even if we are in the main dining room and not the club class section?

Thanks.

The extra is never lobster ( that lobster tail is now covered in a disgusting white sauce. ) you cannot get any extra dish unless seated in club class. Mostly pasta or Caesar salad or shrimp scampi .  You may not want to eat with your friends every night. Perhaps they might eat in a specialty restaurant and you eat once or twice in club class. If you have a full suite don’t change as the suites are wonderful with the suite breakfast and free laundry and bar set up besides the lovely spacious room. I’m sure you will work it out with your friends. 

I find it curious that folks willing to pay the extra cost for a Club Class cabin would make a big deal out of lousy lobster tail (often sub-standard warm water stuff).  Lobster is actually a lot less money at your Supermarket then the extra per diem for Club Class.  I should add that lobster tail is very easy to cook (either boil or broil) and what you can buy in most supermarkets is far superior to what you will get on this cruise line.

For my money I want a whole Maine lobster (which is alive when dumped in the pot) with the excellent claw meat and sometimes the roe.  In fact that is one of the joys of taking a cruise that stops at New England or some of the Canadian ports (on the east coast).  For me that means a nice lunch with a whole lobster while DW tends to prefer her freshly made lobster roll.

Hank

• Thanks 1

Our last experience in club class dining, granted it was back in 2017, one of the night's extra dishes was lobster thermidor. The chef offered to make me another one when I devoured it but I wanted to have the room left to enjoy the regular menu items I'd ordered. Might have just been a luck of the draw because the other nights were usually pasta dishes or some sort of appetizer. I wonder if the tableside chef assigned to Club Class plans out their dishes or is it all under the direction of the head chef who plans all the meals.

IMG_0959.JPG

• Like 4

Hank, I like to waited on, served, pampered. I worked hard for my money and my money works hard for me and I'm on vacation.  ..... I'm not gonna dwell on,  gee I can do better when  I prepared it at home. 

• Like 5

We were in a full suite and traveled with my brother and sister-in-law who were not. We could not get Club Class service outside of the Club Class dining area. We liked not having to eat at specific times on excursion days, so we ate in the Club Class area on those days and met up with the rest of the family later.  On sea days and non-excursion days, we all ate together in the specialty dining rooms. It worked out well. We also enjoyed the suite breakfast. I would not give that one up! My bro gets up mach later than we do anyway! 🤣

So here's another question along the lines of having friends sailing with us.  Our balcony for this Alaskan cruise is very, very large.  When we are at Glacier Bay or Hubbard's Bay, Can both couples order room service (in other words, food for four, but the "bill" being split between the two suite accounts?) and have it delivered to the one room (we will be hanging out on the balcony).....

Edited by MudderBear

So here's another question along the lines of having friends sailing with us.  Our balcony for this Alaskan cruise is very, very large.  When we are at Glacier Bay or Hubbard's Bay, Can both couples order room service (in other words, food for four, but the "bill" being split between the two suite accounts?) and have it delivered to the one room (we will be hanging out on the balcony).....

There is no charge for room service meals. There is a charge if you order drinks which I'm fairly sure can be charged to various accounts.

There is a charge for ultimate balcony dining, $100/couple for dinner, $50/couple for breakfast.

Just take note of what both couples want to order and call it in from the cabin you want it delivered to. No need to split anything between accounts. Doesn't matter who ends up eating the food but you may want to specify needing silverware for four(usually they ask how many people for that reason). The only issue I'd see is if the person in the other cabin orders something that has an extra cost like the whole pizzas. Then the charge would be billed to your cabin and you can get paid back by your friend however you both choose.

MudderBear (OP)

It would be most helpful if you clarified which type of cabin you have.  Is it a Club Class Mini-Suite or a Full Suite?  Both categories will have club class dining.

ALL Mini-Suites (regardless of locations) are just larger balcony rooms with a separate living area and tub.  You and your friends will be using the standard room service menu which has no charges except for full size pizza ($3/$5???).  Bar drinks are not delivered to the room.  Mini-bar drinks are charged to the cabin.

If you are in a Full Suite, you will have many more perks.  You will have club class dining and specialty breakfast.  You may request Main Dining Room (MDR) menus be left in your cabin.  You may order anything from these menus without additional costs.  There will be a suite breakfast tag menu too.  I have heard of others who have ordered MDR meals for everyone dining in their cabin for the night.  It is MDR food...not club class food.  You may also host tea time in your stateroom.  

To help everyone help you, "we" need to know if you are in CC Mini or Full Suite.  Enjoy your cruise.