The Daily for Friday Feb 19, 2021

richwmn

43 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

A nice collection of days today. I'm able to get here early because I took the day off in honor of another event today -- my birthday.  Later I plan to make myself a chocolate cake -- while I might enjoy adding some mint, I think I'd rather add some kahlua!

Meatball tortellini is a new one on me. Certainly sounds hearty. The wine today is a bit pricey. That said, I might break out a bottle of Brunello di Montalcino that I've been holding onto.

I like to travel on my birthday when possible. Last year, although I didn't tell anyone the date, the tour guide on our Campania trip somehow knew it was a special day and arranged a little surprise in my hotel room at the end of the day:

image.thumb.png.f0d0b93831870957b315a22d3346c07c.png

Hope everyone is safe and warm, with power, food, wine, and good company today!

Happy birthday. Best wishes for a healthy year ahead

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

A nice collection of days today. I'm able to get here early because I took the day off in honor of another event today -- my birthday.  Later I plan to make myself a chocolate cake -- while I might enjoy adding some mint, I think I'd rather add some kahlua!

Happy Birthday! Hope you have some fun!

0C0C5841-AFCC-4C3C-9DF7-22B77769225A.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to all for contributing to this thread — especially Rich and Roy.  Roy -  hope all went well with the surgeon.  

Considering going back to in person church.  Very small congregation - about 50 people.  I can walk to church building in less than 10 minutes.  I will continue to watch our southeastern PA numbers to help make final decision.  Congregation also on the ”senior side” so thinking many will have had the vaccination or will shortly.  I have not yet qualified.  Katherine

Edited by Lady Hudson
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I'm thinking about @65 Gator and @Himself who haven't posted for a while.  I hope @65 Gator is just real busy with vaccine clinics and hope @Himself is just busy and didn't have problems returning to Illinois.

Also, I think @Seasick Sailorusually posts by now.

Roy

Haven’t seen @gigianneposting in a bit, either.  Hope all is ok. 🤞 with everyone.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone. When I was pregnant with my oldest daughter whose birthday is in a few days, I had a thing for mint chocolate chip ice cream. Walked out of many stores until I found one that had it.

Another night of vigil on the computer for a vaccine appointment. Last night it was my daughter, DH, and myself. At around 4am, when we lost internet connection because of the snow, DH found an opening on a county far from us by using his phone, but as soon as he put in his zip code, it announced it was fully booked. Someone doesn’t want him to get vaccinated.

Stay safe out there. Not venturing out till the ice melts. The snow looks like it could be here forever. Oh, how I miss Florida.

Carol

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Thanks to all for contributing to this thread — especially Rich and Roy.  Roy -  hope all went well with the surgeon.  

Considering going back to in person church.  Very small congregation - about 50 people.  I can walk to church building in less than 10 minutes.  I will continue to watch our southeastern PA numbers to help make final decision.  Congregation also on the ”senior side” so thinking many will have had the vaccination or will shortly.  I have not yet qualified.  Katherine

🙏We've been listening (and watching) church online for months and months now. Yes, it's not the same but personally, I don't want to chance gathering in large groups and am hoping more and more are able to be fully vaccinated. 👍

• Like 13

Good Morning All!

We have a sunny day with clear skies shaping up here. It’s Clean the House and Laundry day here. Then more clean and organize the garage. Oh what fun!🤪

Will start pizza dough and maybe a batch of gelato. (Maybe chocolate, maybe Matcha.) And need to get up the hill on my bike, too. The wild grasses are now growing in the burn areas, and the mustard is 3-8” tall. It’s been enough to put a green cast on the hills that were just dirt a few weeks ago.

Have a great day everyone, and stay safe.

@cruisemom42 Happy Birthday!

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

I should finish reading The Daily from yesterday before posting.  I now see that Roy’s appointment was postponed.  😀

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Dear Rich, thank you for the Daily. It lifts my spirits. 

Roy you are in my prayers. Good morning sensational sisters and Daily-ites. 

I started the morning filling my 5 gallon buckets.. no water for 1 week now.

Filled the bird feeders and worrying that our hummingbirds have not shown.

It's sunny and will be 39 high today and starting a warming trend. I heard a scraping chipping sound and looked out to see our sweet neighbors,  friends and Good Samaritan's chipping ice away from our drive and walkway! We are so grateful and blessed!

Allen and I are ready for whatever comes. Hoping and praying for a slow pipe melt, but prepared to call USAA if we find damage.  Just hoping something happens soon!

Praying for all of those in harm's way and hoping this horrid weather ends and food comes to our grocery stores!

God Bless!!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

Like others, you had me at chocolate too.  Caregivers certainly deserve a day of praise. Because of 2 wonderful, caring women, my Dad was able to stay in his own home until his death at 101.  He referred to them as his "day-time lady" and his "night-time lady". 😂

Oh Debbie I agree, the traditional recipe for today's meal looks and sounds much better than the first one.  I'm printing out that recipe, it looks delicious!  Not for tonight though, we just had pasta a couple nights ago, so I'll save it for later this week.  I even have all the ingredients.

@rafinmdyou outdid yourself with today's sunrise photo, absolutely gorgeous!

@cruisemom42Happy Birthday!!!!  

@Seasick Sailoroh my goodness you've had too much lately.  No water for a week!  Praying things turn around soon for you.

Update on side effects after getting my second Covid vaccination yesterday.  I was awake most of the night just from a headache (had the same thing after the first shot).  It's still lingering this morning.  I plan to stay close to the couch today.  Hoping nothing more develops, but if it does I'm ready. 🙂  

Our DD and DSIL are so excited about us getting our vaccines, we're already scheduled to babysit the grandsons in 2+ weeks.  It will be just for a few hours, I'm glad we can build up to overnights because this pair of grandparents are totally out of shape after a year of not doing much!  Keeping up with 5 and 7-year-olds takes a lot of energy.  😉  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

@cruisemom42best wishes for a wonderful birthday!  @SeaSickSailor, I keep thinking about you and Your frozen pipe situation.  If the worst happens, I am glad you have USAA.  Happy my premiums will go to help if necessary.

Special thoughts and prayers for Caregivers.  It is such a difficult task, but oh so rewarding. 

Roy, my knee isn’t that serious, just trying to get the fluid off of it so that I don’t have it drained.  There are others in a far worse situation.  You can take me off the care list.  

I look forward to getting g a few glimpses of the Nieuw Statendam in Port Everglades, as well just seeing a Princess ship there.  How I long for the days of the Port being busy and lots of cruise ships coming and going.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all, and thanks to Rich, Roy, and the drinks and recipes ladies!  And Happy Birthday to @cruisemom42!  There was an item on a news show recently (I forget whether it was Canadian or a US channel) that said we would soon be wearing face shields over our double masks, with all the variants around.  Quite a thought.  My son the optician dropped by the other day and I asked him if there were any glasses with a no-fog coating, he said no.  I think that would be a great invention!  I have a terrible time fogging up my glasses when I double-mask.  I can't seem to get them tight enough around my nose.  So I have to take off my glasses, which is alright most of the time, but I can't read all that well without them, so I occasionally bring home the wrong item from the grocery store...

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

I look forward to getting g a few glimpses of the Nieuw Statendam in Port Everglades, as well just seeing a Princess ship there.  How I long for the days of the Port being busy and lots of cruise ships coming and going.

I don't think Nieuw Statendam will actually enter the port and most likely the only glimpses will be on the FLL Beach Hilton cam as it makes it's panning sweeps.

Roy

• Like 6

Good morning everyone. It is warming a bit here. Still plenty cold when dog walking in the early morning but we are edging past freezing during the day. The ice has gone from the driveway so I can now walk out to the mailboxes and dumpsters (and give the pups a bit of a change of scene and new places to claim).There is snow next week predicted for Thursday when I am due to get the 2nd Covid shot..... hopefully not much will fall. I lucked out last time and it completely missed us.

Otherwise it will be (I hope) a normal, unexciting day. I need to get myself in gear and so more shorting. Am going to mail  some items off to a doggie rescue for auction. My cabinets overflowth.

Susan

• Like 15

Good morning everyone!!  Hope your thaw is slow @Seasick Sailor.  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. I’m probably the only one here that doesn’t like Chocolate Mint. I’ll happily celebrate Caregivers Day, my DD was a caregiver for about 10 years and just recently quit. It was a hard decision for her to make but she needed a break. The meal suggestion sounds good but I agree that the second one would be better. Not sure what we will have tonight. DGD is spending the night so I want it to be easy. 

My daffodils are looking lovely. 

A733E571-CD10-44B5-9B51-14CDAD330B9D.thumb.jpeg.894c3a9f1aaea0d22906d3204501051c.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 23