Liberty of the Seas 2022

We have previously sailed on the Allure of the Seas and my husband is now looking at taking the Liberty of the Seas out of TX. Is there a huge difference between the ships? Allure had a ton to do and the board walk was kinda cool, but it wasn't a deal breaker for us. For those of you that have been on the Liberty of the Seas, did you find it had enough to do?

We will be traveling with extended family so it will be from ages 1-62 🙂 Thanks!

Liberty is a great ship.  Before the Oasis class came out, the Freedom Class ships (of which Liberty is a member) were the largest ships in Royal's fleet.  Liberty has water slides and lots of other upgrades.  Liberty is NOT as big as Allure but it is a nice ship and I don't think anyone will be bored.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Liberty is a great ship.  Before the Oasis class came out, the Freedom Class ships (of which Liberty is a member) were the largest ships in Royal's fleet.  Liberty has water slides and lots of other upgrades.  Liberty is NOT as big as Allure but it is a nice ship and I don't think anyone will be bored.

Having sailed on this class of ship many times...it's a favorite even over the Oasis class..love the Promenade on Freedom !

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Having sailed on this class of ship many times...it's a favorite even over the Oasis class..love the Promenade on Freedom !

Totally agree with you on it. I also find it the most comfortable and prestige level class cabin. Next I cruise I will certainly try to choose it 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cruise Girly 88 said:

We have previously sailed on the Allure of the Seas and my husband is now looking at taking the Liberty of the Seas out of TX. Is there a huge difference between the ships? Allure had a ton to do and the board walk was kinda cool, but it wasn't a deal breaker for us. For those of you that have been on the Liberty of the Seas, did you find it had enough to do?

We will be traveling with extended family so it will be from ages 1-62 🙂 Thanks!

We loved Liberty, there is lots to do and she is the only ship has "Tidal Wave". It is a genuinely fun, two person, waterslide you ride in an inflatable raft.  It was a hoot and we did a bunch of times.  The Ice shows are not to be missed and Saturday night fever was excellent.  Obviously with SNF there are some adult themes so that'll be up to you to decide if it is appropriate to for whatever age children you have.  

36 minutes ago, Cruise Girly 88 said:

I've sailed both. Liberty was both my first and last cruise with a bunch of others in between, including Oasis/Allure a couple of times each. Prior to the last cruise, I too thought stepping back down to the Liberty would be boring but I couldn't be more wrong. Still had a blast, There are many things in common - the Royal Promenade with the assorted dance parties, the ice rink, flow rider, Sorrentos and Cafe Promenade, the piano player in the Schooner Bar , the guitar player in the English Pub, the production shows (no reservations needed!!), Quest, Karaoke Bar, the cantilever hot tubs just to name a few.  The ship still looks great and so does the staff.  And it has the aforementioned water slides and Tidal Wave which I used almost every day.

The things I missed were Central Park (specially Park Cafe), the Boardwalk (specifically The Dog House) and the semi-enclosed Solarium (specifically Solarium Bistro).  I guess I missed all the extra food! lol   And I missed the Aqua theater as well,not a deal breaker.

I guess make a list off all the things you loved about Allure and see if Liberty has them and if not, how much would you miss them.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Also have been on Liberty multiple times and having been on Oasis class the only thing my wife missed on occasion was Central Park, but we have found that leaving from TX has had us meet many  genuine people(not saying other embarkations haven't been great) 

We love the Liberty of the Seas. We haven't sailed on the larger ships. I love to read, so  I don't need more entertainment than the Liberty has to offer. We got to feel like we knew some of the crew.

Edited by Etta1213

While we enjoyed our cruises on Liberty, Allure does offer more entertainment options and more dinning options , Liberty doesn’t have aqua show, has way less specialty dinning, less suite perks since it doesn’t have dedicated dining room . But has nice suite lounge , ice show is excellent, broadway show is still Saturday night fever I think which is good,

• 2 months later...

To the past Liberty travelers, what deck was your cabin on and would you recommend that or not? 

From a cost perspective, Deck 2 looks good, but . . . The cabins appear to be under the dining room which does not appeal to me.  I prefer to be between cabin floors, so deck 7 is looking like a good choice to me.

15 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

To the past Liberty travelers, what deck was your cabin on and would you recommend that or not? 

From a cost perspective, Deck 2 looks good, but . . . The cabins appear to be under the dining room which does not appeal to me.  I prefer to be between cabin floors, so deck 7 is looking like a good choice to me.

Been on multiple decks from 7 to 10.  No issues on any of those.  Always prefer to be on the higher decks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

If a balcony cabin is an option, I always try and get an aft facing cabin on deck 10.  I had a few people warn me about noise from the Windjammer before I booked in on Liberty but I never heard a peep and absolutely loved the large balcony and fantastic views.

Edited by Tree_skier

We loved sailing on Liberty. We had an aft corner cabin on Deck 7 - #7408. It was a normal 3-person cabin, but with an enormous aft balcony. It cost the same as any other balcony in that category (at least at the time we booked it). There is also another cabin just like it on the other side of the ship. There are pics in the link in my signature.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 9:05 AM, Tree_skier said:

If a balcony cabin is an option, I always try and get an aft facing cabin on deck 10.  I had a few people warn me about noise from the Windjammer before I booked in on Liberty but I never heard a peep and absolutely loved the large balcony and fantastic views.

Love the aft cabins....especially the 2 corner afts!  Only found WJ noise to be an issue on Radiance class ships, and even that wasn't too bad.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 12:16 PM, Cruise Girly 88 said:

Liberty is our favorite ship and a part of the Freedom Class which is the size we prefer over all other in the RCCL fleet.  I think we have been on her 5-6 times.  IMO, not having to make reservations for everything like you have to do on Allure is a big plus for us as we are a little laid back and don't know exactly what we really want to do on the ship months in advance of our sailing.  As far as things to do...maybe not quite as much to do as the Allure but plenty to do.  One of our trips included an extended family with members ages 5-67, no one found it boring.  We have another trip planned on the Liberty in February 2022.   

• Like 1