Cruising Without Masks?

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

Not even in the week running up to going on your next cruise? You don't want to fail the temperature test and maybe be told you can't board?

No, not even the week before the cruise.

3 hours ago, Mariketa said:

I think that will mean cruising within the United States (or leaving from or coming to) will become a thing of the past. If enough people won’t cruise without masks, but the CDC says you have to wear them in a cruise ship, that business model can’t operate. The idea that people will spend that money and wear masks just doesn’t work. You can’t tell people where to spend their money or how to spend their vacations. They’ll find things to do that better suit their needs.

Royal Caribbean is getting smart.  Home port option in Cozumel!   https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Royal+Caribbean+Cozumel+home+port

52 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Maybe that the business can't operate and ceases is the idea. And what about avoid lawsuits for catching Covid on a cruise ship or scam lawsuit for catching Covid? Surely masks will be the only way to prevent this or greatly reduce this risk?

If cruise lines require that all passengers are vaccinated, why would masks be mandated?  I could see those with pre-existing conditions would be "advised" to wear a mask.  If the passenger signs this agreement, they cannot sue the cruise line for getting sick.    

The "Cruise Experience" is taking on a whole new meaning.    I canceled all my cruises until some sanity resumes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

If cruise lines require that all passengers are vaccinated, why would masks be mandated?  I could see those with pre-existing conditions would be "advised" to wear a mask.  If the passenger signs this agreement, they cannot sue the cruise line for getting sick.    

The "Cruise Experience" is taking on a whole new meaning.    I canceled all my cruises until some sanity resumes.

I am sure in Egypt and other places they have tried this signing something already but the ambulance chasers find a way around it. Besides what is to stop people from lying about having the vaccine. I intend to lie about not being offered on time it so that I cancel my upcoming trip btw. Unless as you say some sanity resumes.

Edited by ace2542

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I am sure in Egypt and other places they have tried this signing something already but the ambulance chasers find a way around it. Besides what is to stop people from lying about having the vaccine. I intend to lie about not being offered on time it so that I cancel my upcoming trip btw. Unless as you say some sanity resumes.

No one will be able to lie about the vaccine because some form of documentation will have to be presented.  I assume a vaccination card.   This approach is too obvious.  Secondly, why would you lie about being vaccinated?  Wow.  I'm all against over mask wearing but intelligent enough to know the  health security of a vaccination.   I hope you rethink your strategy for the protection of your fellow passengers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

No one will be able to lie about the vaccine because some form of documentation will have to be presented.  I assume a vaccination card.   This approach is too obvious.  Secondly, why would you lie about being vaccinated?  Wow.  I'm all against over mask wearing but intelligent enough to know the  health security of a vaccination.   I hope you rethink your strategy for the protection of your fellow passengers. 

You misread what I wrote. I am not going to take the vaccine until taking it puts me outside of the timeline for full vaccination so therefore I will be able to cancel my upcoming trip and say I have not been offered vaccine till right now must have fell through the cracks. It will take 15 weeks to full protection on the UK vaccine rollout. If that 15 week period falls after the start of the cruise I won't be able to go 😮😈

5 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

That came up few days ago on different threads...  We'll see...

I think it's a great idea to get around the CDC.    The CDC is killing the cruise industry but at the same time we can board a plane with 200 passengers like sardines and it's all good.   Hmmmm...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

You misread what I wrote. I am not going to take the vaccine until taking it puts me outside of the timeline for full vaccination so therefore I will be able to cancel my upcoming trip and say I have not been offered vaccine till right now must have fell through the cracks. It will take 15 weeks to full protection on the UK vaccine rollout. If that 15 week period falls after the start of the cruise I won't be able to go 😮😈

My apologies, I just reread your post.    Dismiss my judgement  🙂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

I think it will be a bit more involved than a vaccination card. You could easily forge a UK vaccination card.

There was an interesting post in the P&O forum in the new vaccine thread a couple of weeks ago. A guy went for the vaccine. They gave him the card and sat him in the room. An hour later they came up to him and said what are you still doing here you can go. He said hang on a minute I haven't the had vaccination yet, you just sat me in here. But he is on the computer as having had it and has the card and they wouldn't listen to him nor check the CCTV footage. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

I’m told, they take your information when vaccinated and it goes into a database. The nurse that injected me put the data in her computer. Not sure this is the case in all locations. Florida at Advent Health Daytona. 

M8

25 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I think it will be a bit more involved than a vaccination card. You could easily forge a UK vaccination card.

There was an interesting post in the P&O forum in the new vaccine thread a couple of weeks ago. A guy went for the vaccine. They gave him the card and sat him in the room. An hour later they came up to him and said what are you still doing here you can go. He said hang on a minute I haven't the had vaccination yet, you just sat me in here. But he is on the computer as having had it and has the card and they wouldn't listen to him nor check the CCTV footage. 

Problem is Card all you get. Here it's not like use Medical Records or anything else. Not that would happen now but over year after 9/11 went with my Ex on our last Cruise together. She forgot get wallet and I got her on 2 airplanes and our Cruise without any pictured ID. I'm always prepared having our ML and BC. Know now will need Drivers Licence but CV related a CV test and Vaccine card probably only thing required. Then at some point Vaccine probably wont even be required anymore

Edited by ONECRUISER

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Problem is Card all you get. Here it's not like use Medical Records or anything else. Not that would happen now but over year after 9/11 went with my Ex on our last Cruise together. She forgot get wallet and I got her on 2 airplanes and our Cruise without any pictured ID. I'm always prepared having out ML and BC. Know now will need Drivers Licence but CV related a CV test and Vaccine card probably only thing required. Then at some point Vaccine probably wont even be required anymore

Did you sign in with your info and sign a waiver?  Did they take any info from you when you got your injection?  That info goes into a database. 

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Did you sign in with your info and sign a waiver?  Did they take any info from you when you got your injection?  That info goes into a database. 

We went to fairpark here when it first opened and they were utterly unprepared. As of feb 22 the federal govt took it over but they had no records when we first went. By the 2nd shot they did have apple tablets and hopefully we are now in a online database.

Obviously there are wrinkles to work out. I do have my cardboard card. 

Since they made no records of our first visit, it was completely unexpected when we showed up for our 2nd shot, and they sent people home because they had scheduled first shots, and never made allowances for the 2nd shot people. What a zoo. Spent 6 hours waiting, but knew they had had problems daily. We went early. I knew from local news they had problems daily. 

I can hope I'm in the system. 

PS no never signed anything. First I've heard of signing a waiver. We signed nothing either time.

Edited by firefly333

16 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Nope, here besides couple Pharms that started 2 wks ago most Vaccines received while you sit in Car. They are using old 7 Bay Sears Auto that shutdown last June, 3 for Tests and 4 for shots. 2 cars pull in each Bay. Showed ID confirm name/Appt that I found/made online was all. Pulled inside, got shot, pull outside for 15min and drive away. Yes sure on their Database but dont see Cruise ship requiring us backtrack find records where ever we got shot. They even asked if was our first or second when was our second. Would thought been on there Computer, might been anyway

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yes sure on their Database but dont see Cruise ship requiring us backtrack find records where ever we got shot.

Cruise lines will not be asking for vaccination records. Cruising isn't going to be able to restart before a great majority of people have been vaccinated and the pandemic is no more. (Not to say that COVID-19 won't still be around. It will likely be as prvelant as flu and those with serious risk factors will still have to be careful.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Not even in the week running up to going on your next cruise? You don't want to fail the temperature test and maybe be told you can't board?

I can't even remember the last time I had the cold or flu.  I think it was 10 years ago or more when I was still working.  In all those years I didn't wear a mask or get sick so why would I feel the need to wear a mask now to avoid those illnesses.

24 minutes ago, broberts said:

Cruise lines will not be asking for vaccination records. Cruising isn't going to be able to restart before a great majority of people have been vaccinated and the pandemic is no more. (Not to say that COVID-19 won't still be around. It will likely be as prvelant as flu and those with serious risk factors will still have to be careful.)

Agree, well said

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Maybe that the business can't operate and ceases is the idea. And what about avoid lawsuits for catching Covid on a cruise ship or scam lawsuit for catching Covid? Surely masks will be the only way to prevent this or greatly reduce this risk?

There is evidence that the mRNA vaccines will prevent Covid transmission in vaccinated individuals when they are fully immune. I said there is evidence, not that this has been proven without a shadow of a doubt. I sit here hoping beyond hope that this new evidence does come to fruition. Dr. Fauci has announced that this evidence presents vaccinated people with low viral load so transmission of Covid can not happen. I'm paraphrasing that and it was about two or three weeks ago I saw Dr. Fauci announce that on a news cast.

Fast forward to an unknown date and time.......Let's say the mRNA are actually proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that a vaccinated person can not transmit Covid to others. Wouldn't that be fantastic news!!!! With this evidence that the vaccines prevent transmission in this manner, cruise lines would be negligent, IMHO, not to mandate all crew and passengers be vaccinated. 

Only time will tell if these mRNA vaccines will prevent transmission of Covid to others. If enough people get vaccinated, we would be able to reach herd immunity and eradicate this virus. My opinion of course.

Edited by coffeebean

58 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

We went to fairpark here when it first opened and they were utterly unprepared. As of feb 22 the federal govt took it over but they had no records when we first went. By the 2nd shot they did have apple tablets and hopefully we are now in a online database.

Obviously there are wrinkles to work out. I do have my cardboard card. 

Since they made no records of our first visit, it was completely unexpected when we showed up for our 2nd shot, and they sent people home because they had scheduled first shots, and never made allowances for the 2nd shot people. What a zoo. Spent 6 hours waiting, but knew they had had problems daily. We went early. I knew from local news they had problems daily. 

I can hope I'm in the system. 

PS no never signed anything. First I've heard of signing a waiver. We signed nothing either time.

I personally didn’t have those issues here.  We had to enter our info on an iPad before we got our shot. 

6 minutes ago, Mariketa said:

In other news, Texas is opening 100% and ending the mask mandate as of next Wednesday. I’m so ready to get back to normal, and happy to leave the masks for the people who want them. 

Congratulations!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1