Cruising Without Masks?

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

yes.  this is true in NJ as well. i was able to pull up mine online on our state website.  Your family dr office probably can do it as well.  Id be interested to see if other states can do this.

RI does as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

Masks preventing infection from a virus has no basis in reality or science either. Seems not to matter these days.

IF they worked then there wouldnt be a pandemic would there. Pretty simple cause and effect. 

If everybody, and I mean everybody, wore the mask, social distanced, and the other things the CD recommended, you probably would have been cruising months ago.

If it wasn’t for the hard work put in by the drug companies, all these billion dollar cruise ships would be sunk and used as dive reefs, and bases for breakwaters.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

If everybody, and I mean everybody, wore the mask, social distanced, and the other things the CD recommended, you probably would have been cruising months ago.

If it wasn’t for the hard work put in by the drug companies, all these billion dollar cruise ships would be sunk and used as dive reefs, and bases for breakwaters.

Maybe we should wash our hands, maybe we should social distance, maybe we should have shut most things down for 15 days last March, wait maybe we should have shut most things down another 30 days, wait maybe we should all wear masks.  Or maybe vaccines will be developed and the pandemic of fear will subside and then cruises will resume.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

That's a good point. Nobody knows for sure, but there's a decent chance that we would already be cruising by now. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

I agree.

7 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

That's a good point. Nobody knows for sure, but there's a decent chance that we would already be cruising by now. 

There is also a decent change there would have been much less deaths of people who died with Covid. Notice I didn't say "OF" Covid.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

You realise that everyone in hospital in the UK wears a mask at all times including people on wards?  Its one of the highest risk places to catch covid19. My 85 year old relative went in with insulin issues and came out with Covid19. Luckily had vaccine 14 days before and didnt get sick. 3 Nurses in my family wear masks and goggles and still caught covid inside a hospital. 

I know its hard for some to understand but Masks and social distance dont work. Virus particles can float for 3 days in the air suspended in water vapour. 64% of hospital corridors had virus particles in the corridors! 

The only protection from this virus is immunity by cross exposure or recovery from infection and vaccines. Everything else short of a fully sealed Bio Hazmat Suit is like using cheese cloth to prevent water leaking into a sinking ship. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

No, you said you intend to lie. Your post was not misread.

To lie about when it was offered yes. Though I do intend to get it a bit later down the line.

Edited by ace2542

27 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

To lie about when it was offered yes. Though I do intend to get it a bit later down the line.

Guess that about sums it up.....it's ok to lie about things today, as long a ya don't plan on lying about it 'a bit later' huh?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, bucfan2 said:

Guess that about sums it up.....it's ok to lie about things today, as long a ya don't plan on lying about it 'a bit later' huh?

As long as I get my money back for the cruise we don't want to go on at this moment in time. Then yeah maybe it is. That deposit was a lot of money. And I really do think masks will be on ships "forever". But forever means different things to different people doesn't it?

On 2/28/2021 at 7:16 PM, boscobeans said:

Lounge chairs by the pool and other outdoor areas do not require masks once you are seated.

The lounges are all socially distanced. You can sit with family as well without masks.

In the pools or hot tubs NO MASKS but there are limits to how many can be in the pools or soup pots at one time.

None when working out in the gym.

The same goes for the Theater, no masks once seated.

No masks for the shows in 270, once seated.

Lounges with bars have been set up so the seating fulfills social distancing requirement and no masks require once seated

What is the point in wear the masks on the ship then if it is not worn in ANY of those circumstances? Including the tiered seating in which people sit for what 1 hour 40 minutes at least?

8 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

As long as I get my money back for the cruise we don't want to go on at this moment in time. Then yeah maybe it is. That deposit was a lot of money. And I really do think masks will be on ships "forever". But forever means different things to different people doesn't it?

Forever means only one thing to me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

CDC set to announce that it’s safe to be around each other if vaccinated w out masks Thursday. 

That would be a very welcomed statement and would be one more push for fully vaccinated ships.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Lets hope it puts the crazy people who want vaccines plus full restrictions back in their box. 

Just because one installs fire doors doesn't mean the extinguishers should be thrown out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, broberts said:

Just because one installs fire doors doesn't mean the extinguishers should be thrown out.

Yes it does. 

Your analogy sucks. Fire doors dont prevent fire. They just slow the spread down so you can escape. 

A Vaccine is a Fire Door, a Halon Gas system and an emergency fire exit. 

How about you stay in the house away from everyone for ever.... rest of us are happy taking risks. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Forever means only one thing to me.

My father does not wish to wear mask onboard QM2 and I can't say I blame him to be fair and he will not got if you have to and with all the restrictions it might not be much of an experience onboard. Masks and all that stuff could be on ships till 2023. At his age perhaps that couple of years is forever. He is not going to want to cruise much longer with insurance and what have you.

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That would be a very welcomed statement and would be one more push for fully vaccinated ships.

Which if stated then surely puts the masking situation firmly into the field of the cruise lines themselves and their arch enemies the ambulance chasers who in UK and US too I am sure can get £2500 in the UK for your so called aches and pains that YOU SELD CONFIRM without xray lasted 6-8 weeks after the accident  in which you are passenger or non fault driver and wearing seatbelt. And which was reported to the insurance company within the last 3 years.

Imagine what they will do for the Covid claims?

The cruise lines balance sheets will be horrible and they will need to fill their ships to capacity to pay back debts and run the full fleet. They will not be able to put restrictions on ships for long because filling ships will be a problem and until all the ships are back on the water they have no idea how badly damaged the cruise industry actually is. At the moment there is no capacity so it doesnt show the reality. Plus all the L&F and FCC which are still in the system.