Vaccine Requirement News

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Right now momentum is swinging to requiring vaccination at restart. I am not predicting they will just saying that is the way the wind is blowing.  The CDC requirements and foreign government requirements will be part of the restart. All the major cruise lines will do the same thing. 

P&O just mandated vaccines 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cured said:

I believe you are correct. Moderna said they plan to follow the 7,000 children for a year so final results will not be available till March, 2022 for the 6 months to 12 year age group.

They will follow them for a year. That does not mean it won’t be approved by the FDA for use before then.  For the 18 and above age group they are following those in the trials for two years. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

They will follow them for a year. That does not mean it won’t be approved by the FDA for use before then.  For the 18 and above age group they are following those in the trials for two years. 

True

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Not that I am aware of, only 18 plus. You could double check if you wish though. 

1 hour ago, cured said:

I believe it is 16. Otherwise our state is in deep doodoo as they just opened up 16-49.

Pfizer is approved for 16 and up 

Moderna and J&J cleared for 18 and up

• Like 2

On 3/16/2021 at 8:44 PM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I'm not saying Covid isn't deadly and isn't serious.  If that's what you're reading, you may want to try again.  What I am saying is some people have left logic at the door when it comes to Covid.  I've already listed some examples, how about another one... masks don't protect the wearer, they protect others.  That's impossible.  How could the same cloth NOT protect the wearer?  If someone is infected (even asymptomatic), and the mask they wear within an inch of their mouth will stop Covid particles, but the cloth *I* wear three-six-ten feet away WON'T stop them?  Care to explain that?  

A few weeks ago, CBS Sunday Morning had a very informative story about masks, and they did a great job of explaining why cloth masks do more to protect others than the wearer.  When you exhale, the particles primarily go straight out, and the mask will capture a % of them depending on the weave and material.   When you inhale, depending on the mask fit, more air and particles flow in via the side.  They did a cool demo of it.  They also explained why kn95s and n95s work better than other mask options.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

A few weeks ago, CBS Sunday Morning had a very informative story about masks, and they did a great job of explaining why cloth masks do more to protect others than the wearer.  When you exhale, the particles primarily go straight out, and the mask will capture a % of them depending on the weave and material.   When you inhale, depending on the mask fit, more air and particles flow in via the side.  They did a cool demo of it.  They also explained why kn95s and n95s work better than other mask options.

Not denying a mask does MORE to protect others.  But that hasn't been the claim.  Many people have said wearing a mask does NOTHING for the wearer.  Simply can't be the case.  

20 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

As said Major Cruise Lines, yet to be seen and IF do how long will last start up

19 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

P&O just mandated vaccines 

20 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:
  20 hours ago, soloadventurer said:

P&O Cruises has said that anyone wanting to take its cruises around the British Isles this summer will need to be vaccinated first. 

Travellers will have to prove that they have had two coronavirus jabs to take the trips which depart from June.

P&O Cruises is a British cruise line based at Carnival House in Southampton, England, operated by Carnival UK and owned by Carnival Corporation & plc. It was originally a subsidiary of the shipping company P&O and was founded during a restructuring of P&O's operations in 1977. Wikipedia
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2021 at 9:13 PM, Keksie said:

I can't find the data for just Americans but 22-55 million people have died from smallpox.  

1) The question referred to Americans since I referenced the half million dead

2) Your number for smallpox is so vague as to be useless in the context of the discussion, but thanks for playing.

7 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

P&O Cruises is a British cruise line based at Carnival House in Southampton, England, operated by Carnival UK and owned by Carnival Corporation & plc. It was originally a subsidiary of the shipping company P&O and was founded during a restructuring of P&O's operations in 1977. Wikipedia

Though it is part of Larger Corp, which most know, isnt considered Major Cruise Line. What this line does really doesn't reflect on what the Majors will when they start up. As said above "Carnival Corp's CEO Arnold Donald told Financial Times over the Weekend that the Company probably will not require Cruise passengers to be Vaccinated. However, he did say that they may make it mandatory for the Cruises geared towards seniors." They may at start, but I dont see 100%(Kids) or that IF required with Adults that would be during startup but wont last long...

On 3/19/2021 at 1:24 PM, Heymarco said:

It’s looking like no cruises until Nov. 🤣

Now where did you find that bit of dubious news?  Not on the CDC web page. From that page on March 8:

“There are some activities that fully vaccinated people can begin to resume now in their own homes. Everyone – even those who are vaccinated – should continue with all mitigation strategies when in public settings. As the science evolves and more people get vaccinated, we will continue to provide more guidance to help fully vaccinated people safely resume more activities.”

• Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart.
  • Visit with unvaccinated people from one other household indoors without wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart if everyone in the other household is at low risk for severe disease.
  • Refrain from quarantine and testing if they do not have symptoms of COVID-19 after contact with someone who has COVID-19.

A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the last required dose of vaccine. Although vaccinations are accelerating, CDC estimates that just 9.2% of the U.S. population has been fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine that the FDA has authorized for emergency use.

And BTW, this morning on ABC they announced new figures for percentage of vaccinations.  31.6% of the population have now been vaccinated...so even CDC can be outdated.

So, I would assume that cruising will fall under the first mandate, Visit with other fully vaccinated cruisers without masks nor distancing since we will all have to be vaccinated.  Although we will happily wear masks and distance if that is what is required.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

On 3/17/2021 at 1:05 PM, cured said:

As long as businesses provide reasonable accomodations, they are well within ADA regulations.  For instance, offering curbside pickup is a reasonable accomodation if you are forbidding maskless people to enter the store.

Right now, the unvaccinated are not a protected group unless they have a documented medical reason not to receive the vaccine. 

Our local Costco mandates that if a customer is medically unable to wear a mask, they must wear a face shield in order to enter their store. Makes sense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

And BTW, this morning on ABC they announced new figures for percentage of vaccinations.  31.6% of the population have now been vaccinated...so even CDC can be outdated.

And, depending on whether the glass is half full or half empty estimates claim that between 30 and 50 million Americans have gained immunity by having and recovering from Covid-19.

• Like 1

I think the inevitable wisdom that we should expect from the CDC will be to double vaccinate.

No masks became yes masks that eventually became double mask.

The vaccine progression will likely follow the same pattern.  There isn't enough vaccine to go around right now so we are in the yes to vaccine phase.

Why else would the administration purchase hundreds of millions of extra doses?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

I think the inevitable wisdom that we should expect from the CDC will be to double vaccinate.

The vaccine progression will likely follow the same pattern.  There isn't enough vaccine to go around right now so we are in the yes to vaccine phase.

I just don’t see them going to 3 masks.  We wear our mask where appropriate but you’re just not going to see us with 2 masks. 😇

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Now where did you find that bit of dubious news?  Not on the CDC web page. From that page on March 8:

“There are some activities that fully vaccinated people can begin to resume now in their own homes. Everyone – even those who are vaccinated – should continue with all mitigation strategies when in public settings. As the science evolves and more people get vaccinated, we will continue to provide more guidance to help fully vaccinated people safely resume more activities.”

• Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart.
  • Visit with unvaccinated people from one other household indoors without wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart if everyone in the other household is at low risk for severe disease.
  • Refrain from quarantine and testing if they do not have symptoms of COVID-19 after contact with someone who has COVID-19.

A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the last required dose of vaccine. Although vaccinations are accelerating, CDC estimates that just 9.2% of the U.S. population has been fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine that the FDA has authorized for emergency use.

So, I would assume that cruising will fall under the first mandate, Visit with other fully vaccinated cruisers without masks nor distancing since we will all have to be vaccinated.  Although we will happily wear masks and distance if that is what is required.

You are using common sense, which is a sure indicator that the CDC will do just the opposite. 

• Like 2

Still waiting to see what will happen if you can not be vaccinated?  I'm okay with them just giving me my 7K back.  But I would like to know so we can plan something else for this summer.  And yes, we are willing to drive somewhere if necessary.  So, I am hoping that they announce what to do about this when the announce what will be happening when they return to cruising if a vaccine is required.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I also listened to a supposed expert (infectious disease Dr.) on masking who said Double Masking is ever more contagious than single masking.  He pointed out that in studies he's read, 2 masks causes "Blowout" in which your breath cannot get out of the mask at all except at the sides top and bottom, making it in effect, useless.  So he doesn't recommend at all.  That was on Public Radio though.  Makes sense to me.

• Like 1