Vaccine Requirement News

On 3/4/2021 at 2:32 PM, davekathy said:

Agree. And those that can't or won't get the vaccine, oh well bon voyage. 

Selfish.... you realize my children cant get the vaccine because its not approved..... but just think of yourself like everyone does now

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

My Shingles vaccine was covered 100% by my insurance.  

Actually I misspoke about the two dose shingles shot. I was covered but since I have the cheapest MedicareRX plan with a high deductible I had to pay. I have been getting the cheapest drug plan since I got on Medicare as I don't have any regular medications. 

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Actually I misspoke about the two dose shingles shot. I was covered but since I have the cheapest MedicareRX plan with a high deductible I had to pay. I have been getting the cheapest drug plan since I got on Medicare as I don't have any regular medications. 

This was just before I got on Medicare.  BCBS plan.  

4 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Selfish.... you realize my children cant get the vaccine because its not approved..... but just think of yourself like everyone does now

You do realized I don't know you or your kids. 🙄 If vaccinations are going to be required for everyone by the cruise lines so be it. Whining about the possibility that your kids may not be getting the vaccine and can't cruise when cruising first resumes, you are the one that sounds selfish.  Plenty of other type of family vacations to enjoy. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I know some really want no kids on a family cruise line, but there's no way they require ALL people to be vaccinated. It isn't going to happen.

And even though it happened in Israel, I don't even see how RC will require a vaccine for all adult passengers on US cruises.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. All our vaccinations have been and are covered 100% by our insurance . Also I have the VA to fall back on if needed. 

We were waiting and waiting for the promised call from the VA for Bucky's Vaccine shot...nothing for weeks.  I finally ended up adding him to my appointment when I could get it with county health dept.  Has now been over 3 weeks since we received our 2nd Moderna shot. 

NOW...the VA calls to tell him he can come in to get one.  😮  Oh well, usually his VA is spot on with everything else.  👍

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I know some really want no kids on a family cruise line, but there's no way they require ALL people to be vaccinated. It isn't going to happen.

And even though it happened in Israel, I don't even see how RC will require a vaccine for all adult passengers on US cruises.

image.jpeg.ae02b5bc989fdbdfa8731e5afc486c02.jpeg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

WHY NOT ??

"Since vaccine distribution began in the U.S. on Dec. 14, more than 90 million doses have been administered, reaching 17.7% of the total U.S. population, according to federal data collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The U.S. is currently administering over 2.2 million shots a day."  With the new single dose that has normal vaccine storage requirements that number will grow even larger each week.

With 15 million more each week why wouldn't or couldn't any business choose to require vaccination from the more than 225 million (by mid-May) immunized possible passengers?

• Like 1

NEW C.D.C. RULES as of RIGHT NOW..

"Indoor visits or gatherings by fully vaccinated people no longer require social distancing or the wearing of masks..."

By Fully Vaccinated they mean 2 weeks after the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna,  or 2 weeks after the Jansen single dose.

BY THE WAY... THIS IS A FACT..  LOL

Edited by boscobeans
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

"Indoor visits or gatherings by fully vaccinated people no longer require social distancing or the wearing of masks..."

By Fully Vaccinated they mean 2 weeks after the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna,  or 2 weeks after the Jansen single dose.

They also said no need for masks among vaccinated adults and low-risk groups (like children).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

If all passengers being vaccinated is the one way RC can cruise from North America (i.e. CDC requirement), I would think that would be what they would do.  Getting some cruises started and getting the money moving for them would seem like a logical choice. 

Will there be tons of howling?  Absolutely! But getting around it may not be a choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

You do realized I don't know you or your kids. 🙄 If vaccinations are going to be required for everyone by the cruise lines so be it. Whining about the possibility that your kids may not be getting the vaccine and can't cruise when cruising first resumes, you are the one that sounds selfish.  Plenty of other type of family vacations to enjoy. 

So funny! - if a person know someone else’s children then that someone is not selfish; otherwise... this is a pure example of an Absolute logic at its best!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Why not? It is the safest way to go to get cruising starting again. A vaccine mandate probably won't last forever but at least let the cruise lines have a shot at getting their ships sailing again. In the meantime, those who can not or will not be vaccinated can look elsewhere to vacation. As I already said, this won't be forever, all IMHO.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, boscobeans said:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, island lady said:

We were waiting and waiting for the promised call from the VA for Bucky's Vaccine shot...nothing for weeks.  I finally ended up adding him to my appointment when I could get it with county health dept.  Has now been over 3 weeks since we received our 2nd Moderna shot. 

NOW...the VA calls to tell him he can come in to get one.  😮  Oh well, usually his VA is spot on with everything else.  👍

Five days after we drove 2+ hours to a Collier County Publix for our first shots, we received a call from Manatee County that our names came up on the lottery and we could get the shots right here in Bradenton.  Not sorry we went to Collier, just ironic.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

We are also thinking about the thousands of people who work for the cruise lines and in the port areas (food service, transportation, hotels, restaurants, etc.) who desperately need to get back to work.  And the islands that depend on cruise visitors for much of their income.  Would it not be better for that to happen sooner rather than later?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

Im not being selfish with this next comment, rather, thinking of your dilemma.......

i can see them requiring 100 % vaccinated passengers and crew, on initial sailings of 50% capacity.  If that means no kids, then no kids.  Remember the vaccines are not 100% effective.  Worse than allowing un vaccinated kids would be the possibility of contagious kids bringing it onboard, and the small % group who the vaccine does not protect gets infected.....and BAM....worldwide news of Covid on cruise ships again.  Sure they will have better medical facilities on board and plans in place, but the hit on their recovery could be devastating.

They are working on several children’s vaccines, and soon before the end of the year may have approval.

When they start allowing 60%, 75% and so on capacity....they may relax the vaccine requirement for kids, but then again they might not.

If they allow unvaccinated kids, you have to accept the consequence if you show up at the pier and they have a cough or fever.....you could be fine but still be denied boarding if the child is sick.

Eddie

31 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Im not being selfish with this next comment, rather, thinking of your dilemma.......

i can see them requiring 100 % vaccinated passengers and crew, on initial sailings of 50% capacity.  If that means no kids, then no kids.  Remember the vaccines are not 100% effective.  Worse than allowing un vaccinated kids would be the possibility of contagious kids bringing it onboard, and the small % group who the vaccine does not protect gets infected.....and BAM....worldwide news of Covid on cruise ships again.  Sure they will have better medical facilities on board and plans in place, but the hit on their recovery could be devastating.

They are working on several children’s vaccines, and soon before the end of the year may have approval.

When they start allowing 60%, 75% and so on capacity....they may relax the vaccine requirement for kids, but then again they might not.

If they allow unvaccinated kids, you have to accept the consequence if you show up at the pier and they have a cough or fever.....you could be fine but still be denied boarding if the child is sick.

Eddie

IMO, "if" the cruise lines publish a policy that in order to sail you need to be vaccinated that means everyone, no matter the age of the person. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

And the islands that depend on cruise visitors for much of their income.  Would it not be better for that to happen sooner rather than later?

The issue is those islands will be waiting some time before enough vaccines arrive to take care of their populations.  There are a lot of places where large scale COVID testing just isn't possible, and the cold chain infrastructure required for Pfizer and Moderna probably just don't work.  Do the cruise lines stop in ports with ongoing infection problem?

5 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Five days after we drove 2+ hours to a Collier County Publix for our first shots, we received a call from Manatee County that our names came up on the lottery and we could get the shots right here in Bradenton.  Not sorry we went to Collier, just ironic.

Saturday was at appt I made, another called while I was sitting there that was only 1 mile from Home. Same thing happened to Mother. Two months ago got her one and we drove threw snow storm get there. We got home and her Dr Office called, this also under 2 miles away... Grand Parents lived Winters in Tampa area inc Bradenton from 1975-2006.

19 hours ago, boscobeans said:

Actually, not a Fact.  Or, it's as much of a "rule" as RCI's "no shorts in the MDR" is a "rule". 

On 3/6/2021 at 7:51 AM, Mapleleafforever said:

Mapleleafforever - Since I can't send you a private message, I will publicly apologize. Which is more appropriate anyway. Please accept my humblest apologies. My earlier response to you was totally out of line and uncalled for.  I won't even try to offer up an excuse because there is no excuse, no matter what circumstances were going on off line.

I am incredibly embarrased that I wrote that.

I am very sorry.

Edited by cured
  • Like 8