Vaccine Requirement News

11 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Thinking more about the crew I imagine. 

That makes sense, though in response to that spokesperson's comments, I would imagine RC wouldn't announce Israel with any concerns that the vaccine any of the crew got wouldn't be acceptable.

38 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

There is a strong genetic basis for diabetes and other insulin disorders such as PCOS. Although I don’t have diabetes, my DNA is absolutely the picture of diabetes if you look at the genetic research (and I have). It’s a matter of both inflammation and how insulin is that within the body.  For example, if you were insulin resistant due to dysfunction in your hormonal system, your body will read that you already have sufficient energy from food and put all your food towards storage  (falsely leading your body to cause fat to be stored). And if you have genes that create that kind of problem, even valiant efforts to be healthy may fail.  It is not remotely true that all people are diabetic just because they overweight or eat poorly, just as it is not remotely true that everyone that is overweight is useless, lazy, and lacking all self-control. In fact, having a metabolic or insulin disorder can cause you to be fat (rather than it just being the opposite).  Clearly like we can get rid of, and feel shame about, every kind prejudice EXCEPT when it comes to body weight and those things perceived related to it. It is also a serious conversation about health issues that seems out of place at a cruise site. 

Yeah, most type 2 diabetics keep their genetics in the fridge. HAES is a very dangerous philosophy. 

1 hour ago, put me on a ship said:

That is true. Getting a yearly booster would be better than getting COVID, though, IMO. 🙂

If you can go a year between boosters, that's one thing.  What if it's only 6 months?  Or three? 

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

We go a year between flu shot boosters, even though they only last 0-4 months.

Is that because the flu "season" generally only lasts a couple of months? Maybe that's what will happen with Covid.

8 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Is that because the flu "season" generally only lasts a couple of months? Maybe that's what will happen with Covid.

M.D. Response needed .

If two months after being immunized a person comes in contact with the Covid Virus and their immune system fights it off (AS EXPECTED) does this immune system response reload their anti-body or cellular defense bank?

Basically would repeated exposure act as a booster to the vaccine ?

From what I understand it would ???

Edited by boscobeans

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

And the vaccines as well (which I will be getting but with some trepidation)

Has been over three weeks for both my DH and myself since the 2nd Moderna shot.  No problems at all, just aches, and pain in shot location in my arm for two days...slight headache.  DH was very achy for 2 days after second shot.  Both fine after 2-3 days.  

Assuming we have the vaccine working for us now.   🙂  Did not want to take a chance with not getting the vaccine.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Has been over three weeks for both my DH and myself since the 2nd Moderna shot.  No problems at all, just aches, and pain in shot location in my arm for two days...slight headache.  DH was very achy for 2 days after second shot.  Both fine after 2-3 days.  

Assuming we have the vaccine working for us now.   🙂  Did not want to take a chance with not getting the vaccine.  

Agree. Not even a second thought. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

If you can go a year between boosters, that's one thing.  What if it's only 6 months?  Or three? 

I would imagine, it's got to be more than 6 months by now. The mRNA vaccine trials began more than 6 months ago, right?

5 hours ago, boscobeans said:

M.D. Response needed .

If two months after being immunized a person comes in contact with the Covid Virus and their immune system fights it off (AS EXPECTED) does this immune system response reload their anti-body or cellular defense bank?

Basically would repeated exposure act as a booster to the vaccine ?

From what I understand it would ???

This may answer your concerns........

What's the difference between B cells and T cells?

58 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. Not even a second thought. 

Yup, I adore my little sister.  When she told me it was the thing to do, I believed her.  Just like getting the Shingles shot, the Pneumonia shot, the Flu shot, the Tetanus shot.  The alternative is not something I want to risk.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I would imagine, it's got to be more than 6 months by now. The mRNA vaccine trials began more than 6 months ago, right?

I believe so.  I have not heard if any of the volunteers who got the actual vaccine still have antibodies. 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Yup, I adore my little sister.  When she told me it was the thing to do, I believed her.  Just like getting the Shingles shot, the Pneumonia shot, the Flu shot, the Tetanus shot.  The alternative is not something I want to risk.  

Agree. Plus all those vaccinations are free. But I guess that falls under the category of personal choices. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

We go a year between flu shot boosters, even though they only last 0-4 months.

Yeah several years ago during real bad year they ran out Vaccines when Season ran long. Next year we started getting them End Aug/First Sept, but as you said Time. Where I live Flu Season peaks Feb/March and some yrs still running in April. So talk was possible 2 shots spread out for those Older. Many forget last year Flu was real bad year. From Fall2019-Feb2020 over 400K went to US Hospital with the Flu. My Kids/Grands even tested positive Feb2020, were worried might been Covid then. Get Mine every Fall for 30+ years, weeks before my Cruises...

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

Agree. Plus all those vaccinations are free. But I guess that falls under the category of personal choices. 

Yup, my personal choice is like yours...don't risk getting Covid 19.  😉   Happy I can hopefully add to that....not getting Shingles, the Flu, Tetanus, Pneumonia...to that list.  🙂 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, my personal choice is like yours...don't risk getting Covid 19.  😉   Happy I can hopefully add to that....not getting Shingles, the Flu, Tetanus, Pneumonia...to that list.  🙂 

I paid for my shingles shots, both the first single dose vaccine, considered to be 50% effective  and then the currrent better double dose vaccine, 90% effective.  About $200 each regimen as they were not covered when they came out.  They may be now. My father had shingles and he had a horrible bad case of them. From seeing that shingles is not something I want to get a bad case of. I gladly paid rather than wait for them to be covered.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I paid for my shingles shots, both the first single dose vaccine, considered to be 50% effective  and then the currrent better double dose vaccine, 90% effective.  About $200 each regimen as they were not covered when they came out.  They may be now. My father had shingles and he had a horrible bad case of them. From seeing that shingles is not something I want to get a bad case of. I gladly paid rather than wait for them to be covered.

My Shingles vaccine was covered 100% by my insurance.