Vaccine Requirement News

51 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'd so love a built in fob

That would be awesome for cars. I had trouble adjusting from keys to a fob. Always worried ok where is the fob as to holding my keys in my hand.

17 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

When do the trials start for dogs, cats, hamsters and fish?  Never know.....

Just seen on Good Morning America that the San Diego Zoo vaccinated 8 Apes at the zoo.

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You can remember being on a cruise when you were 9 months old. 🤣

Did not cruise until my 30s...but I DO remember being a brat at 9 months old....errr...at least I am sure I must have been.  😄 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Did not cruise until my 30s...but I DO remember being a brat at 9 months old....errr...at least I am sure I must have been.  😄 

I don't need a good memory. My mother is all to willing to remind me, no matter how old I was. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I don't need a good memory. My mother is all to willing to remind me, no matter how old I was. 🤣

More fun being a brat!  😉  Though Bucky has not outgrown that state yet...I am always calling him "a brat".  😄 😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EleventyBangBang said:

Which doesn't sound any different from how we deal with the common flu now, and is basically what I predicted a year ago:  You can either get the shot or get the flu every year - if you're older, you probably want to get the shot, and if you're younger, it's six of one, half a dozen of another.

umm... no.  I went 40+ years without getting the flu or the shot.  

Just because you get the shot doesn't mean you don't get the flu (if they guess the wrong strain).

And just because you don't get the shot doesn't mean you will get the flu.  

Edited by S.A.M.J.R.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

When you have ANY virus you are immune from that particular strain forever.  Remember getting measles?  You can’t get it again.  Chickenpox?  Can’t get it again.  The only way you get a virus a second time is if it mutates.  Just like the flu which is also a virus like “Covid”, there are and will be seasonal variations. The “required” vaccines will never end, especially now since they have everyone scared out of their minds for a virus that has a 99.8% survival rate.

Exactly, except the goalpost keeps moving.  It's like the flu, you get the vaccine every year, but it is rarely for the strain going around.  So, why get it?  My father got the vaccine because his doctor told him that if he got Covid he had a 40% chance of dying!!!  He is 76 and has NO comorbidities.  I explained that this was not true according to the CDC.  But, he did not understand why his doctor would lie to him and he believed him over me.  I feel like some doctor's are scaring people to death!  Literally.  

But I think I have found a work around.  If they say you have to have the antibodies or a vaccine, I will just get an antibody test since I have had Covid.   If I no longer have the antibodies, I will just make sure I am exposed and get it a month or so before I go.  That way, I am sure to have the antibodies and don't have to risk my life to go on a cruise.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, firefly333 said:

Now that's awesome. 

And Bucky walks with a limp where his wallet is in his back pocket.  😮   It keeps getting lighter.  😵

Booked three cruises yesterday.  Maybe RCI will stop holding our final payment, to only to give it back a few weeks later by the time those cruises come up end of 2022.  😄

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

And Bucky walks with a limp where his wallet is in his back pocket.  😮   It keeps getting lighter.  😵

Booked three cruises yesterday.  Maybe RCI will stop holding our final payment, to only to give it back a few weeks later by the time those cruises come up end of 2022.  😄

Lol is bucky related to my sister? She claims her wallet looks better with more cash in it.

I dont think rcl will bend to our wants lol. I've given up wishing and hoping, I'm at acceptance. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol is bucky related to my sister? She claims her wallet looks better with more cash in it.

I dont think rcl will bend to our wants lol. I've given up wishing and hoping, I'm at acceptance. 

lol...your sister is right! 

Next on the chopping block...all of us that had hopes and dreams of May 2021 cruises.  Just waiting for official cancellation...as soon as all finals are into the bank at RCI of course.  😉  Had three, already cancelled one.  Letting RCI cancel the other two...waiting...waiting...waiting.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Well, what about the younger kids that cannot get a vaccine.  RCI will lose a lot of business if they exclude kids.  And give me the website that says if you get the vaccine you are fully protected and you cannot infect anyone else.  Cannot figure out why everyone thinks the vaccine is the ultimate end all.

Then hopefully they'll offer some options for those sailing with kids. I have an April 2022 with extended family and would have no trouble doing a L/S to 2023 as long as we're price protected.

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

Then hopefully they'll offer some options for those sailing with kids. I have an April 2022 with extended family and would have no trouble doing a L/S to 2023 as long as we're price protected.

I think ourusualbeach posted that for the israel cruise, kids have to provide a negative test. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

You can remember being on a cruise when you were 9 months old. 🤣

Our grand kids were all around 2 on their first...they can't remember but we have lots of pictures to remind them :classic_wink:

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I think ourusualbeach posted that for the israel cruise, kids have to provide a negative test. 

Then no worries....we'll abide by the policy when the time comes. It's a southern caribbean in April and an Alaska in September 2022.

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I just received my first shot and can't wait to get to sailing again. Question that may be slightly off topic. Will there be a uniform standard to proving you've been vaccinated? I got my little card with a sticker that signifies I got my first dose. Will this be good enough? I heard talk about data of you getting vaccinated could be sent to US passports in the system. I'm just curious what the plan will be?

The little card, was told difficult to replace, will have 2 stickers to indicate vaccination (Moderna & Pzizer).  I photoed mine in my I phone as back up.

The EU is trying to figure digitizing vaccine passports.

Europe Could Have COVID-19 Vaccine Passports by Summer (afar.com)into the passports.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Our grand kids were all around 2 on their first...they can't remember but we have lots of pictures to remind them :classic_wink:

Kodak moments. My post was only a tongue in cheek reply to the poster I quoted. 😉

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

My 88 yr old mother is physically unable to leave the house. My father has to pay an ambulette to take her to the Dr. We still can't figure out how to get the vaccine to her. However, a visiting nurse told them that eventually they will have access to the vaccine and will be making house calls. Now that J&J is available maybe that will happen sooner than later.

My friend lives in Brooklyn.His wife is in a wheelchair and totally disabled.