Vaccine Requirement News

On 3/4/2021 at 2:41 PM, lovescats5 said:

Well, what about the younger kids that cannot get a vaccine.  RCI will lose a lot of business if they exclude kids.  And give me the website that says if you get the vaccine you are fully protected and you cannot infect anyone else.  Cannot figure out why everyone thinks the vaccine is the ultimate end all.

There is growing evidence that people vaccinated with the mRNA vaccines have a lower change of transmitting the disease to others. I saw Dr. Fauci on TV about three weeks ago stating that vaccinated people have lower viral loads and therefore it looks as though they are not contagious to others. More testing has to be done to verify that the findings so far are accurate. We are not there yet, but this news is very promising and I am very encouraged.

This is just one news source with information about this......

Vaccinated People and Disease transmission

Here is another article with studies about viral transmission with vaccinated people. It is a lot to read but the study information is in there. Viral load is decreased so transmission is decrease in vaccinated people. The results are very encouraging......

Can a vaccinated person still spread the virus?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friend lives in Brooklyn.His wife is in a wheelchair and totally disabled.

My Mom is 102 and totally wheelchair bound.  We are also trying to get her nurse to provide the vaccine, but they have not been given an allotment.  Not concerned at this point as most of the immediate family members will be vaccinated (awaiting 2nd shots) within the next 3 weeks.

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

There is growing evidence that people vaccinated with the mRNA vaccines have a lower change of transmitting the disease to others. I saw Dr. Fauci on TV about three weeks ago stating that vaccinated people have lower viral loads and therefore it looks as though they are not contagious to others. More testing has to be done to verify that the findings so far are accurate. We are not there yet, but this news is very promising and I am very encouraged.

Here is another article with studies about viral transmission with vaccinated people. It is a lot to read but the study information is in there. Viral load is decreased so transmission is decrease in vaccinated people. The results are very encouraging......

Thanks coffeebean, that's good information. I was hoping transmission would be reduced among vaccinated people.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 2:41 PM, lovescats5 said:

Well, what about the younger kids that cannot get a vaccine.  RCI will lose a lot of business if they exclude kids.  And give me the website that says if you get the vaccine you are fully protected and you cannot infect anyone else.  Cannot figure out why everyone thinks the vaccine is the ultimate end all.

Vaccines offer mankind SAFE herd immunity but enough people have to be inoculated for the vaccines to halt this virus. Our return to normal life globally depends on SAFE herd immunity. IMHO, of course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Dizzney9915 said:

lol. we can wave to them as our ship pulls away 

I'll be there alongside anyone who has been vaccinated. I'm done with my two shots of Moderna vaccine. Hubby just got his first shot yesterday of the Moderna vaccine.

I'm so hopeful to return to normal living in the future and to board a cruise ship. Who is with me?

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Wooooohoooo

• Like 1

23 hours ago, molly361 said:

I for one will be very glad to hopefully live to see the day where there are other things for people to talk about other than vaccines😇

Well, this topic is taking the heat off of mask discussions.

• Like 2

I'll be there alongside anyone who has been vaccinated. I'm done with my two shots of Moderna vaccine. Hubby just got his first shot yesterday of the Moderna vaccine.

I'm so hopeful to return to normal living in the future and to board a cruise ship. Who is with me?

Im with you !!! 

Welcome aboard. 🥂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nelblu said:

My Mom is 102 and totally wheelchair bound.  We are also trying to get her nurse to provide the vaccine, but they have not been given an allotment.  Not concerned at this point as most of the immediate family members will be vaccinated (awaiting 2nd shots) within the next 3 weeks.

Hopefully she will be able to get the vaccine very soon.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Vaccine requirement in Israel is only for 16 and above, children still allowed to sail according to Royal.

Is Royal stating that those cruises are 100% vaccinated? If their marketing is stating that, IMHO, that is not correct.

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

The little card, was told difficult to replace, will have 2 stickers to indicate vaccination (Moderna & Pzizer).  I photoed mine in my I phone as back up.

The EU is trying to figure digitizing vaccine passports.

Europe Could Have COVID-19 Vaccine Passports by Summer (afar.com)into the passports.

Those cards could easily be duplicated and forged. I assumed your drivers license would include the info.  Seems more official but no matter. “My bags are packed and I’m ready to go”   “I’ve got my shots and I’m ready to go”🤒

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

Is Royal stating that those cruises are 100% vaccinated? If their marketing is stating that, IMHO, that is not correct.

I agree.  Saying 100% vac plus saying unvac kids can sail does not make sense.

In seagoing terms, all "souls" should be vaccinated, IMO.

CC polls are showing that the majority of us will choose not to sail if that requirement is not in place. So they will lose us, and many other adults, in favor of children who probably don't spend as much onboard?

I don't get it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

CC polls are showing that the majority of us will choose not to sail if that requirement is not in place. So they will lose us, and many other adults, in favor of children who probably don't spend as much onboard?

I don't get it.

It makes plenty of sense if you follow the science. RC has much better metrics for their bottom line than a highly skewed CC poll.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

The three in my family today said they felt nothing.  Very small needle according to my DD.

Moderna vaccine needle specs

Pfizer vaccine specs

Pfizer's instructions state to use a 21g or less needle but I don't see where it says the length of the needle. This injection is intramuscular so the length of the needle should be the same as the Moderna specifications.

Either way, the needles are very thin. Length of the needles should be determined by the size of the individual that is receiving the vaccine.

35 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I don't get it.

Only a tiny amount of cruisers are on CC and something like 80% of passengers on the Singapore cruises have been first timers. Sailings won't be at full capacity for a long time so Royal will have no problem finding passengers. 

22 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Me too. I wish all of the talk about the government tracking you with a chip in the vaccine was true. It would save a lot of time at the airport.

With your information in a database they can use facial recognition. I have already used facial recognition twice debarking from a cruise and did not have to show my passport. They have been doing it at some airports too. Don't need to show a boarding pass.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, UnorigionalName said:

why can't you get any of the vaccines?

from cdc:

image.thumb.png.6e269df09580d2b8d2cf85694d30c111.png

I would like to add.....Diabetes is an autoimmune disease. Diabetes is one of the very high on the list of comorbidities for Covid. Diabetics are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated because of their risk for severe Covid disease..

7 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I would like to add.....Diabetes is an autoimmune disease. Diabetes is one of the very high on the list of comorbidities for Covid. Diabetics are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated because of their risk for severe Covid disease..

Diabetics (type 2) are also encouraged to eat better and exercise more but sadly that rarely happens. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

They're ready as they can be until the CDC gets its act in gear

The CLIA has yet to answer the CDC questions from late last year.  The CDC has the responsibility for controlling/reduction of disease.  Obviously not cruising cannot increase COVID, so the CDC has little or no incentive to issue mandates to CLIA.  CLIA needs to get off its rear and give case levels when they will look at resumption of cruises, put forth port agreements and provide specific protocols to be followed.  Saying we are evaluating have passengers vaccinated doesn't cut it.

• Like 1