How soon after completing your COVID-19 vaccination would you want to go on a cruise?

LauraS

How soon after completing your COVID-19 vaccination would you want to go on a cruise?  

2,416 members have voted

1. 1. How soon after completing your COVID-19 vaccination would you want to go on a cruise?

• Within the first two months. Once I have the shots, I am ready to go
    • A few months – I’d take a different trip first
    • I would prefer to wait six months to a year
    • Other, explain below.....

Just back from travel to down under. Even though I hold dual citizenship, I was heavily scrutinized by the health authorities upon arrival. The  alert for the staff was my origin. The region/area I began my travel from is in yellow. After questioning and a test, I was on my way with restrictions. Coming back to the states, no such detailed inquiries. But then again I didn't fly to an international airport. Boarding a ship in 67 days 🤞

Edited by c-boy
  • Thanks 1

On 12/8/2021 at 1:28 PM, Floridastorm said:

There may be some misunderstanding. I did state that I would not be cruising on any line that requires masks to be worn. The American Steamboat Company, Celebrity, Norwegian, and Oceania do not require masks to be worn on board their ships. Although I do not approve of the demand for vaccination and pre-cruise testing, I do realize that if I want to cruise then those two things will need to be accomplished. I am one of the millions of people who already had Covid and got over it naturally. So, I don't see why I would need a vaccine as my body already has immunity to the virus. In my opinion the vaccine is overkill, probably unnecessary, and in some cases may be dangerous. 

Hmmm...Celebrity and Norwegian have changed since this posting

45 minutes ago, complawyer said:

dear navybankerteacher: ok, i'm 100% with you.. you dont want to get vaccinated, DON'T!!!

but please do me and  others a favor. please post whichever cruises you are planning on taking, so i can make sure my family and i are not on them!

I suggest you carefully re-read the post to which you seem to have taken exception.

I was questioning a previous poster’s absurd claim for natural immunity - and was pointing out that, even if vaccinated, wearing a mask makes sense as it improves protection.  

FYI - not only have we been vaccinated and boosted, we expect to receive fourth shot as soon as authorized.

• Like 2

• LauraS unpinned this topic

DW received her booster just after Christmas. I received mine on the 6th of January. We were both exposed to someone with COVID and I tested positive on the 10th. Our son that lives with us tested positive around the 17th. I isolated in the house and wore a mask, as did DS (who is vaxxed but not boosted yet). DW has yet to test positive.

My symptoms were mild, but because of my medical history I was treated with the antibody treatment and I am currently symptom free and testing negative. We are scheduled to sail on 2/20 and feel comfortable in doing so (our step-granddaughter has been fully vaxxed as well).

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

DW received her booster just after Christmas. I received mine on the 6th of January. We were both exposed to someone with COVID and I tested positive on the 10th. Our son that lives with us tested positive around the 17th. I isolated in the house and wore a mask, as did DS (who is vaxxed but not boosted yet). DW has yet to test positive.

My symptoms were mild, but because of my medical history I was treated with the antibody treatment and I am currently symptom free and testing negative. We are scheduled to sail on 2/20 and feel comfortable in doing so (our step-granddaughter has been fully vaxxed as well).

I'm glad you weathered the virus with mild symptoms.   We have a large family in the area all fully vaxxed and up to now had avoided anyone testing positive.  But recently, both grandkids and their parents, including our daughter who is due with out 3rd grandchild in two weeks, some of our other children, and some of our nieces and nephews are getting hit.  My daughter-in-law and youngest son both were very ill for about 3 days. Everyone else had a pretty easy time of it.  My youngest son, who lives and works in Paris, is here for a visit.  He was surprised at how difficult it is to get a test here.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ldubs said:

I'm glad you weathered the virus with mild symptoms.   We have a large family in the area all fully vaxxed and up to now had avoided anyone testing positive.  But recently, both grandkids and their parents, including our daughter who is due with out 3rd grandchild in two weeks, some of our other children, and some of our nieces and nephews are getting hit.  My daughter-in-law and youngest son both were very ill for about 3 days. Everyone else had a pretty easy time of it.  My youngest son, who lives and works in Paris, is here for a visit.  He was surprised at how difficult it is to get a test here.  

We've never experienced difficulty in being tested. We've had issues finding home tests but official medical testing is available.

6 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

We've never experienced difficulty in being tested. We've had issues finding home tests but official medical testing is available.

We have been able to get recommended tests via our doctor's office when required.  Other resources are pretty backed up.  We have the same experience as you with home tests.   

Enjoy the cruise!  

• Like 1