$58 Drink Package Offer

24 minutes ago, DakotaDisneyLover said:

I just received an email with a $58/day drink package offer. Is this a decent deal? Sailing Odyssey Jan 2nd 2022. Thanks!

For a new ship, it's 'ok' I think, not great as someone else said.  Oasis and Quantum class ships tend to be priced a little higher--but their onboard drink prices are also a little higher which is why the drink package on those class of ships covers up to $13 drinks instead of $12.  My Harmony and Symphony cruises for next year are also showing $58, but I'm not biting at that price. So far nothing is showing in the planner for my Odyssey next summer.  I'm targeting $50 or lower because otherwise it doesn't make sense for me based on what I know I'll drink.  I never buy it if I'm on a sailing with lots of port stops and no stops to Royal's private islands, it just ends up being cheaper on those to pay as I go.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DakotaDisneyLover said:

I just received an email with a $58/day drink package offer. Is this a decent deal? Sailing Odyssey Jan 2nd 2022. Thanks!

If you're comfortable with that price, buy it now. If the price goes down later, you can purchase at the lower price and then cancel the higher one.

• Like 1

One thing to look at is whether or not the 18% "Service Charge" is included in that or not.

We had(technically still have) 2 cruises booked for this June. One on Anthem, one on Jewel a few days apart (pseudo b2b). Non-alcohol Refreshment Package on Jewel from a 45% off sale was promoted at $18/day, but they then added an 18% service charge on top of that. On Anthem however, the same 45% off sale was promoted as $22/day, and did not have an additional 18% Service Charge. I assume they just include it in the base price.

So when I divide the final price charged by the number of cruise nights, I get $21.24 on Jewel, and the posted $22 for Anthem.

I almost always get drink package average price was in mid to upper 40’s , in past I would buy it at what seems to be a good then keep on checking to see if price goes down since you can always cancel then rebook at lower price, but now it seems when you buy it cruise planner then doesn’t show you the current price just says you already purchased it, so you would need to call to check the current price.

Currently $48 for deluxe drink package + internet (not including gratuity) for Dec. Enchantment sailing.  Since we already purchased the standalone package can't see what that is due to RCLs website  redesign.

On 3/9/2021 at 12:34 PM, DakotaDisneyLover said:

We are on the feb 6 sailing.  Our drink package was originally $67.  The first time it went down to $58, we bought it 🙂