New indicator Vaccines Will Be Mandatory

marieps

21 minutes ago, Cachecara said:

ITA. One of my daughters has an undiagnosed auto immune disorder.  She has had some horrendous reactions to IVs, vaccines and meds— yet was still advised to be vaccinated.  Those doing vaccines are able to deal with possible immediate issues.  She has been fully vaccinated, thank god. 
AND she had minor, minor side effects.  
Vaccines are a good thing and I am sooooooo thankful. (Said as a professional health care worker)

I have an autoimmune disease, taking immune suppressing drug, but the only thing the nurse who gave me the vaccine said was "have your GP get a blood titer to make sure you show the antibodies.  I had minimal reaction, just a sore arm and tired for a day or two.

• Like 2

I would understand and agree with a vaccine requirement for any cruise passenger or international traveller.

In my opinion, this is a case where the right of a majority of people to travel in a safe and healthy environment outweighs the individual right to say no to the vaccine, just because....

Special measures could be considered, for example, for out of the ordinary circonstances.... (children not yet eligible for vaccination, people with health issues incompatible with vaccine treatment etc.). These measures could involve testing requirements, on-board or in-port restrictions etc. )

In Canada, the hope and plan is for most Canadians wanting a vaccine to have received at least a first dose prior to September. In the province of Quebec, we were told that people wanting to be vaccinated will receive their first dose, prior to June 24, and the second dose.... 4 months later....

So a full vaccine requirement would render many Canadians unfit for cruising until at least the fall of 2021. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

The next part of that statement says the same thing about the J & J vaccine.  So I guess you would need to find out EXACTLY what's in each vaccine before taking it.  I don't know any who have done that.

When I got the Moderna vaccine last week I was showed a list of the ingredients for Moderna and had to acknowledge that I was not allergic to any of them.

4 hours ago, zook50 said:

3 hours ago, marieps said:

No need to apologize.  Nothing is my statement advocated for such a policy, I simply stated the opinion that children would be exempted.  Just an opinion, not a hope or want.

LOL - Canadians always preface with an apology!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

The next part of that statement says the same thing about the J & J vaccine.  So I guess you would need to find out EXACTLY what's in each vaccine before taking it.  I don't know any who have done that.

I have, or rather my doctor has for me.  She's very well aware of what I am able to take, allergic to, etc.

So now you know one.

Oh, and I shouldn't take J&J, but I'm fine with either Pfizer and Moderna.

6 hours ago, dallasdan said:

I can see Celebrity or Princess making the vaccine a requirement, but NCL and Royal have a lot of families that cruise.  Right now under 16 cannot get the vaccine.  That would remove a large portion of their customer base.

Well, that may be their target demographic under "normal" circumstances, but if there's pent up demand and they can fill the ship (as much as they are allowed to or choose to fill it) with vaccinated adults, I doubt that a temporary change of "cruising style" would be declined by the company.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

When I got the Moderna vaccine last week I was showed a list of the ingredients for Moderna and had to acknowledge that I was not allergic to any of them.

Interesting, I had the Phizer and nothing was said or shown about the ingredients.

8 hours ago, dallasdan said:

I can see Celebrity or Princess making the vaccine a requirement, but NCL and Royal have a lot of families that cruise.  Right now under 16 cannot get the vaccine.  That would remove a large portion of their customer base.

The studies of 12-17 years old will be complete in a couple months.  As for eliminating younger unvaccinated children - will the cruiseline choice be cruise without children on not to cruise?

2 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

I would understand and agree with a vaccine requirement for any cruise passenger or international traveller.

In my opinion, this is a case where the right of a majority of people to travel in a safe and healthy environment outweighs the individual right to say no to the vaccine, just because....

Special measures could be considered, for example, for out of the ordinary circonstances.... (children not yet eligible for vaccination, people with health issues incompatible with vaccine treatment etc.). These measures could involve testing requirements, on-board or in-port restrictions etc. )

In Canada, the hope and plan is for most Canadians wanting a vaccine to have received at least a first dose prior to September. In the province of Quebec, we were told that people wanting to be vaccinated will receive their first dose, prior to June 24, and the second dose.... 4 months later....

So a full vaccine requirement would render many Canadians unfit for cruising until at least the fall of 2021. 

Things are changing rapidly.  The US will have several hundred million doses that will not be needed by mid August.  President Biden already said he will send to Mexico and Canada.  Dates are moving forward now- not back.

3 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

I hope the 4 month gap between doses shortens as vaccine supply increases.

3 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Interesting, I had the Phizer and nothing was said or shown about the ingredients.

When I checked in to get my first shot yesterday, the pharmacy handed me a two page information sheet about the Pfizer vaccine, including the ingredients.  I did not read it, but was excited to find out I was getting Pfizer instead of Moderna.  I had assumed I was getting Moderna, since my second appointment was scheduled for 28 days after my first one.  I preferred Pfizer since it reportedly has a very slightly higher efficacy rate.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

When I checked in to get my first shot yesterday, the pharmacy handed me a two page information sheet about the Pfizer vaccine, including the ingredients.  I did not read it, but was excited to find out I was getting Pfizer instead of Moderna.  I had assumed I was getting Moderna, since my second appointment was scheduled for 28 days after my first one.  I preferred Pfizer since it reportedly has a very slightly higher efficacy rate.  

Perhaps because we were lucky enough to get some of the first vaccines that came to Florida we didn't receive this information, we were part of a mass vaccination by our county which did 1000 of them that day.  

Being isolated at sea it would be common sense that all onboard are vaccinated and that includes all staff.  Even if that becomes the rule cruising to nowhere will also be the norm until the world opens up.  

I will sit on the fence and observe the effect of their policy and stay wary and cautious for a long while yet.

2 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Being isolated at sea it would be common sense that all onboard are vaccinated and that includes all staff.  Even if that becomes the rule cruising to nowhere will also be the norm until the world opens up.  

I will sit on the fence and observe the effect of their policy and stay wary and cautious for a long while yet.

Crystal cruises is starting in the Bahamas this July. I just read that passengers must be vaccinated, however, they do not guarantee all of the staff will be. A recipe for disaster. That and hurricane season. What are they thinking?

18 hours ago, marieps said:

There was an Epi-pen question on my application for a Pfizer jab.  Didn't know that was a non-starter.

It’s not, they just want to know, I use an epi-pen and had both Pfizer vaccines 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cruzzzinma said:

Only If you have had a severe allergic reaction or an immediate allergic reaction—even if it was not severe—to any ingredient in an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine, you should not get either of the currently available mRNA COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna). https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/specific-groups/allergies.html

No accurate, I had a severe allergic reaction in the past, have an epi-pen and received Pfizer with no issues

Canada exploring vaccination passports: 

"Vaccine passports could be coming to Canada.

The Canadian government has sounded hesitant in the past about the idea of a vaccination form or passport for travel. But Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his cabinet have changed their tune considerably over the past week or so.

Speaking to the media last Friday, Trudeau suggested that requiring someone to show proof of vaccination before they travel to Canada is the same thing as requiring vaccination against yellow fever or other diseases, which is quite common in some places.

“There are countries in the world where you shouldn’t go unless you can prove you’ve been vaccinated against certain tropical diseases,” the prime minister said.

“That’s well established.”

Asked about requiring a COVID-19 vaccination for international travellers, Trudeau said in French that it “is something that countries are actively exploring and we’re among those countries.”

Full article below:

https://www.everythingzoomer.com/health/2021/03/17/trudeau-we-are-among-those-countries-exploring-vaccination-passports/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nancycat said:

It’s not, they just want to know, I use an epi-pen and had both Pfizer vaccines 

I have one on hand for travel.  Moderna vaccinations went very well for me, but everyone is different.  I live to travel, so it is a priority for me and my DH.

My naturopath has the lists of ingredients for all the vaccines  and we will go over them for possible allergens  since I cannot take a flu vaccine. April 14th!! Then I will consult my Dr. with the results. He will make sure I get what I need

We have all had the first Pfizer shot, I personally had no ill effects but while at the hospital today the nurse said a number of her colleagues felt rougher after the second shot with fever and the likes, heard that a few times lately but still looking forward to my second shot next week.

On 3/17/2021 at 4:34 PM, wrk2cruise said:

We were shown a similar list for Pfizer.  The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are completely different from traditional vaccines.  A past reaction to flu or MMP vaccines would not suggest any likelihood for an adverse reaction.

• Like 1