Royal sailing from Bahamas this summer

1 hour ago, Baron Barracuda said:

If it will take several months before US has enough vaccine for everyone, and we are better supplied than just about anyone, and all vaccine production for this year is sold out to govt's (no corporations), then how can Royal promise that Adventure's crew will be 100% vaccinated by early June?????   

Capitalism!  That's how. It's cute that you believe everyone plays by the rules and everything is done for altruistic reasons. That's the Santa Claus story the worker bees and little guys are told their whole lives to keep them in their place...lol. Winners and upper echelon get it done no matter what! 

5 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Because we don't yet know for certain that those of us who are vaccinated can't nonetheless transmit the virus to others, even if we are less likely to get  sick ourselves. It's not punishment, it's about continuing to protect other people.

That is why everyone on the ship needs to be vaccinated. This is not all that complicated.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Here's a new wrinkle to discuss. How are passengers going to embark and dis-embark?. Neither port has any type to building to handle these processes. Any depending on which pier the ships are docked at, how are they going to get luggage to and from the ship. Some are more than a quarter of a mile away. They are going to be shuttling the luggage and passengers walking on those narrow piers. And what away loading supplies and removing trash. The same problems exist. My best guess would be 15 to 20 , 40 to 50 foot trailers for supplies and another 5 to 10 for trash removal. Remember the narrow piers and at least a quarter mile away. And contending with luggage and passengers. How is this going to all work together? Let's hear your thoughts.

• Like 1

This needs to happen. Cruising is way too dependent on the U.S. home port market and the CDC is too grossly risk-avoidant without adequately addressing other concerns. If this were about minimum restrictions in the face of pandemic risks, authorizing 50% capacity, vaccinated passenger and crew only, 'cruises to nowhere' (with a Jones' Act temporary exemption, etc...) could've been done. There's legitimate epidemiology-based restriction in the face of a pandemic...and there's draconian neglect toward a large industry hemorrhaging vast amounts of money.

Diversifying home ports, even if it's simply having the capability to do so rapidly, needs to happen. 

It's my understanding some 'thought leaders' believe pandemics are likely to happen periodically over the years. The cruise industry is saddled with enormous additional debt and reduced fleets; what happens if someone eats the wrong undercooked bat, squirrel or whatever in 5 or 10 years?

COVID-19 is a sign of things likely to come. The cruise industry needs a work-around for cruising around the CDC. I'm delighted to see this unfolding. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, drrich2 said:

'cruises to nowhere' (with a Jones' Act temporary exemption, etc...)

Cruises to nowhere are not a violation of the PVSA, in fact they are allowed.  It is the type of work visa the crew holds that is the issue. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

So this tells me it'll be a long, long time before the CDC allows them to cruise.

this is taking too long to cut through the red tape and be allowed to sail with fully vaccinated passengers and crew.  Open the sailings to only vaccinated folks and let us enjoy cruising again.  Government is getting to strong with their power over its citizens.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thewebbys said:

CDC said last week at least until November 

Do you have a link to this information. I can't find anything recent from the CDC in regards to when cruising might re-start in America. 

Thank you. 

Jonathan

17 minutes ago, mets123 said:

Here's a new wrinkle to discuss. How are passengers going to embark and dis-embark?. Neither port has any type to building to handle these processes. Any depending on which pier the ships are docked at, how are they going to get luggage to and from the ship. Some are more than a quarter of a mile away. They are going to be shuttling the luggage and passengers walking on those narrow piers. And what away loading supplies and removing trash. The same problems exist. My best guess would be 15 to 20 , 40 to 50 foot trailers for supplies and another 5 to 10 for trash removal. Remember the narrow piers and at least a quarter mile away. And contending with luggage and passengers. How is this going to all work together? Let's hear your thoughts.

My DH and I were discussing this earlier and we came to the conclusion that we do not want to deal with shuttling from airports to an unknown building to check in to then shuttle to the pier.  We do not want to cruise that bad.  We will wait and see how it all shakes out but likely won't cruise this year at all.

36 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

Do you have a link to this information. I can't find anything recent from the CDC in regards to when cruising might re-start in America. 

Thank you. 

Jonathan

I already asked for a link and the poster hasnt come up with where he got that. Dont hold your breath. Lots here posting rumors. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I already asked for a link and the poster hasnt come up with where he got that. Dont hold your breath. Lots here posting rumors. 

Thanks Firefly333. I haven't heard a peep out of the CDC lately regarding a cruising re-start. At such time that they utter anything on this matter it would be huge news and everyone an their brother would be posting threads and youtube videos. 

I am clinging to the recent comment from a  Disney cruise exec. who stated "With any luck cruising will start again in the fall".

Jonathan

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, toad455 said:

I can only imagine these prices will be through the roof. Also, does anyone have the exact itinerary yet?

Royal Caribbean Adventure port stops include 2 days at Coco Cay - Grand Bahamas - Cozumel. 

Jonathan

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I asked the poster “thewebbys” for his source of the CDC stating no sailings until November too. No response. Appears to be misinformation. 

16 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Their ships, their rules.  As a pinnacle, surely you know that already???

One would think, but some Pinnacles think they own the ship.  This might be one.😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Yes, I'm doubting the cdc said no sailing until November just trying to say it nicely. ..though tbh I think its probably true, no sailing until the protocols expire.

15 hours ago, cruiserking said:

Thank you. 

Jonathan

7 hours ago, thrifty99 said:

I asked the poster “thewebbys” for his source of the CDC stating no sailings until November too. No response. Appears to be misinformation. 

I am not the one that posted the initial statement, but one must go with the fact of the CSO expiring November 1.

In the absence of any further communication from the CDC, cruising is, in effect,  banned until November 1.

Until there is movement on the part of the CDC regarding protocols, this unfortunately is the fact of the matter.

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I am not the one that posted the initial statement, but one must go with the fact of the CSO expiring November 1.

In the absence of any further communication from the CDC, cruising is, in effect,  banned until November 1.

Until there is movement on the part of the CDC regarding protocols, this unfortunately is the fact of the matter.

Yeah I saw a local news reporter suggest something like this.

Basically the CDC has gone silent so if that doesn't change the cruise ship ban will run its course until November when it expires naturally.  Absent of any action, that is the date.

I'm beginning to think that may be the actual outcome - CDC remains on its current course and does nothing effectively banning cruise ship in the US until Nov. 1.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Yeah I saw a local news reporter suggest something like this.

Basically the CDC has gone silent so if that doesn't change the cruise ship ban will run its course until November when it expires naturally.  Absent of any action, that is the date.

I'm beginning to think that may be the actual outcome - CDC remains on its current course and does nothing effectively banning cruise ship in the US until Nov. 1.  

Unfortunately without an announcement of intention on the subject, it also leaves no way for cruise lines to make any advance plans. Nobody wants to be expending resources to bring everything back online only to have the CDC extend it at the last minute, for example. All we really can do is hope that there really are legitimate conversations going on between officials in the CDC and the cruise lines, absent public statements on the subject. It's a very irresponsible way for the CDC to act.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2021 at 4:30 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Do you have to do ships shore excursions? Can’t see that in the FAQs. 
X Millie sailings don’t require you to. 

Edited by little britain

33 minutes ago, little britain said:

Do you have to do ships shore excursions? Can’t see that in the FAQs. 
X Millie sailings don’t require you to. 

I believe it was in the press release and I also saw a video with M Bailey where he stated bubbles woukd be kept.

Do you have a link about Celebrity not requiring that.

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I believe it was in the press release and I also saw a video with M Bailey where he stated bubbles woukd be kept.

Do you have a link about Celebrity not requiring that.

I posted a link to you previously of a magazine saying you can go off on your own excursions.

Celebrity said what you quoted. Again I think its other sources jumping the gun and trying to grab headlines fast.

• Like 1

• On the agenda at Grand Bahama Island and Cozumel are turquoise blue waters, island vibes, and the options to safely explore each destination's culture, history, cuisine and natural beauty on selected Royal Caribbean shore excursions.

This was from Royal Caribbean Investor Relations email.

Just now, Cruise Bug2 said:
  • On the agenda at Grand Bahama Island and Cozumel are turquoise blue waters, island vibes, and the options to safely explore each destination's culture, history, cuisine and natural beauty on selected Royal Caribbean shore excursions.

This was from Royal Caribbean Investor Relations email.

So unless you are on a selected RCI excursion you get to experience the turquoise waters, island vibe, natural beauty, history, and cuisine while confined to the deck of a ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1