CDC says we may be able to start cruising from US this summer

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Which is why this is not a vacation for us in the foreseeable future. For the people who don't mind all the restrictions have a wonderful cruise.  

We will, it's gonna be GREAT! Bubye....these little restrictions are nothing more than a nuisance, doesn't bother me in the least, I'll be out there on my balcony sans mask, sans distancing enjoying the Big Blue....woohoo. And I already got me some vaccine.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

We will, it's gonna be GREAT! Bubye....these little restrictions are nothing more than a nuisance, doesn't bother me in the least, I'll be out there on my balcony sans mask, sans distancing enjoying the Big Blue....woohoo. And I already got me some vaccine.

Enjoy.  This summer we can see the big blue from the beach without masks, tracking etc.  We can go to restaurants and beach bars too.  Although we have always had balcony cabins we never really wanted to spend that much time on the balcony preferring to do things around the ship.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Just curious why showing a vaccine card isnt enough, why florida would have to agree to a vaccine

Passport for cruises?

If I cruised I have been assuming my card is enough proof of vaccination? 

I know you are a doctor, but I'm missing why you think my card isnt enough?

I didn't say your card was not enough. The post I quoted said companies operating out of Florida cannot ask for proof of immunization. That means they cannot even ask to see your card.

5 hours ago, dswallow said:

No, but being infected and potentially infecting others will, tracking bracelet or not. And failing to voluntary report getting sick and having symptoms, tracelet or not? They can toss you off the ship at your expense basically anywhere, and ban you from future sailings. Read the current passenger contract. 🙂

If it is so important, then why aren't we given tracking bracelets when we board a plane, go to Disney World, a baseball game, The Bellagio in Las Vegas....................the list goes on and on and on and is just more proof positive that the cruise industry is not being treated on equal footing as other hospitality industries.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

If it is so important, then why aren't we given tracking bracelets when we board a plane, go to Disney World, a baseball game, The Bellagio in Las Vegas....................the list goes on and on and on and is just more proof positive that the cruise industry is not being treated on equal footing as other hospitality industries.

Almost every state does have tracking apps that use the anonymous tracking technology implemented by Apple and Google in iPhone and Android phones. 

3 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Almost every state does have tracking apps that use the anonymous tracking technology implemented by Apple and Google in iPhone and Android phones. 

You have to opt in to those apps.  Have you?

13 minutes ago, dswallow said:

And I do not know a single person that has opted into those, and can't imagine the mindset of anyone opening themselves up to that scrutiny (to each his own)

You are avoiding the over riding issue, and that is NO OTHER hospitality industry in the USA is asking their customers to consent to tracking, so why should cruise passengers be singled out?  

I know I won't.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

And I do not know a single person that has opted into those, and can't imagine the mindset of anyone opening themselves up to that scrutiny (to each his own)

You are avoiding the over riding issue, and that is NO OTHER hospitality industry in the USA is asking their customers to consent to tracking, so why should cruise passengers be singled out?  

I know I won't.

It's called being considerate of everybody around you Should I discover I was exposed to someone and had caught an infection, I would want to be certain anyone who might be exposed to me during that time had an opportunity to proactively check themselves in a timely manner and ensure they don't further spread it.

Contact Tracing: Google and Apple Detail Their Anti-Coronavirus Technology - TechBumper

Cruising is a unique, controlled environment, and it lends itself very well to contact tracing. It's exactly the way to address the issue of infectious spread. It may have less impact in a vaccinated environment than in simply a tested environment, of course. But it's a tool to use in ensuring any infectious spread is minimized as much as possible in an environment that may otherwise lend itself to easier spreads.

The cruise lines want to use this, as well as information about things like SeaPass card usage and facial identification on video cameras so when someone is discovered to have been infected, they can identify those who came in contact for extended periods and then they can also be tested and then, if necessary, isolated to STOP FURTHER SPREAD. If we could have done that in the US when this first began, we'd not be in the mess we're in. We likely would have had far, far fewer than 550,000+ dead Americans. And we wouldn't have had to attempt to stop the spread by preventing gatherings in public areas at all if we could've trusted them to be able to trace extended contacts for immediate testing.

Contact tracing isn't infringing your rights. It isn't potentially jailing you. It isn't forcing you to to do anything. It is a tool to help identify if you might have been exposed, and may have exposed others, so that you and others can take precautions and preventive measures to prevent it spreading further. With any infectious disease, minimizing this time between becoming infectious and knowing you're infectious so you can avoid spreading it is the most important way to address controlling the spread. Let me repeat that: THE MOST IMPORTANT WAY TO PREVENT SPREAD.

• Like 2

I've had the CA app ever since it became available without a single notification. In order for it to work, others have to have the app and also be willing to put in their positive test result. I think the second part is why I have never received any notifications, although we have been pretty cooped up for a year. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I know I won't.

I am with you.  I can't even imagine opting in to that and I don't anyone who would.  To much Big Brother for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

You have to opt in to those apps.  Have you?

I haven't even heard of the app being mentioned in RI in many months. I actually forgot all about it. I suspect it didn't go over well with those of us who live here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I haven't even heard of the app being mentioned in RI in many months. I actually forgot all about it. I suspect it didn't go over well with those of us who live here.

I have actually seen ads for it on TV in the last couple of weeks.  All I can think is "just say no"  I think it would be a hard sell in my area also.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bouhunter said:

It's just one of many controls and restrictions that all add up to an experience we aren't interested in.  I don't need a knock on the door telling me I happened to have been be near someone who's tested positive and have to be tested or quarantined or whatever they have planned.

10 hours ago, Keksie said:

I don't want to be tracked.  

We are so different 😁

In Australia you must scan a q code and complete personal information before you enter any bar, restaurant etc so the contact tracers can advise you if you have been exposed.

It has worked really well at locating community spread risks. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TiredOfRoboCalls2017 said:

This is hidious. We do not need mandated vaccines for a COLD aka Corona, repackaged as covid boogie bug for employees and passengers.  CDC is nothing but a paid front for Big Phama/Vaccine industry and is NOT actually part of the Government. 

Welcome to CC, you and your tin foil hat will fit right in! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

Enjoy.  This summer we can see the big blue from the beach without masks, tracking etc.  We can go to restaurants and beach bars too.  Although we have always had balcony cabins we never really wanted to spend that much time on the balcony preferring to do things around the ship.

Yep we have Plan B into effect. Driving the Gulf coast from Houston to Hilton Head and back on. a 11 day trip. With stops in N.O, Biloxi, Pensacola, St. Agustine, Hilton Head, Memphis, then back to Houston. First road trip in quite some time.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

We are so different 😁

In Australia you must scan a q code and complete personal information before you enter any bar, restaurant etc so the contact tracers can advise you if you have been exposed.

It has worked really well at locating community spread risks. 

Same here last summer and presume will be again when outside restaurants open next month. Ours is the NHS covid app which combines contract tracing with a scan facility for entering pubs etc. 

• Like 2

Happily signed up for the contact tracing and used the NHS sign in app when we were allowed out last summer. All the better to help combat this thing ASAP.

The way I see it is, if you carry a mobile phone you can already be tracked at some level. If you are on a contracted phone plan, someone has all your details already and all phones have built in gps these days - so why the fear of logging data via a health app?

I would also be happy to record my vaccine status on my phone or carry a card - the sooner we can get back to something resembling normality the better!

200ish days to my cruise - fingers crossed it stays in play and that we both get our second doses in time 😊 

• Like 2