CDC says we may be able to start cruising from US this summer

1 minute ago, gmjc2 said:

Unfortunately being vaccinated is not 100 % guarantee that you will not get Covid. It helps, but you could still contract the disease .Just not so severe symptoms.

Yes, we are aware of that. We've both worked in the medical field and have received multiple vaccinations for our jobs. We believe in the science and in the vaccines. Thanks!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, parachutes63 said:

The CDC may give the ok for cruises but, the State of New York, Maryland, California and Washington have to be willing to open the ports for cruising.

New York and Washington--do RCL cruises depart form these ports. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

Wow! You would not want to know if you had been exposed? Talk about head in the sand!!

If you miss cruising, these protocols are not that restrictive. 

It is all a matter of taste I guess!!

I simply said I won't go on a cruise if that's a requirement.  I guess your head is too far in the sand to actually read my post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Do you own/carry a cell phone?

I do but unlike a lot of people I am not joined to it.  I leave it at home or in the car.  On a ship it stays in the safe turned off.  I don't even carry it on shore.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bouhunter said:

Owning a cell phone won't result in being locked up, monitored and tested on a cruise ship......

No, but being infected and potentially infecting others will, tracking bracelet or not. And failing to voluntary report getting sick and having symptoms, tracelet or not? They can toss you off the ship at your expense basically anywhere, and ban you from future sailings. Read the current passenger contract. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dswallow said:

No, but being infected and potentially infecting others will, tracking bracelet or not. And failing to voluntary report getting sick and having symptoms, tracelet or not? They can toss you off the ship at your expense basically anywhere, and ban you from future sailings. Read the current passenger contract. 🙂

Which is why this is not a vacation for us in the foreseeable future. For the people who don't mind all the restrictions have a wonderful cruise.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

I simply said I won't go on a cruise if that's a requirement.  I guess your head is too far in the sand to actually read my post.

Read it and I stand by what I wrote!

53 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

Wow! You would not want to know if you had been exposed? Talk about head in the sand!!

If you miss cruising, these protocols are not that restrictive. 

It is all a matter of taste I guess!!

Do you know if you have been exposed everytime you leave your house?

The issue is not finding out of the exposure. The issue is the cruise line's response to a vaccinated person being exposed. I have no intention of paying thousands of dollars to be confined to my cabin because the wrong person crossed my path. So the cruise lines had better make their response plan well know so I can make an informed decision.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TiredOfRoboCalls2017 said:

This is hidious. We do not need mandated vaccines for a COLD aka Corona, repackaged as covid boogie bug for employees and passengers.  CDC is nothing but a paid front for Big Phama/Vaccine industry and is NOT actually part of the Government. 

600,000 dead Americans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

I have been vaccinated so no I don't need to know if I have been exposed.  What would the protocol be if I am exposed?  Extra testing, quarantine, no going ashore at a port.  That sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen.  I will not pay for that experience.  I can have a vacation here in the US without any of that.

Then it really doesn't matter if bracelets are used. That's still potentially going to happen

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The issue is not finding out of the exposure. The issue is the cruise line's response to a vaccinated person being exposed. I have no intention of paying thousands of dollars to be confined to my cabin because the wrong person crossed my path. So the cruise lines had better make their response plan well know so I can make an informed decision.

We are booked for this summer using FCC, but we are also concerned about this issue.  The FAQ that was posted on CC says this:

"In the event that a guest tests positive during his/ her cruise vacation, a full refund will be administered for the impacted guest, as well as those individuals within his/ her immediate travel party. Additionally, guests that test positive for COVID-9 during the cruise or are deemed a close contact of someone who has, Royal Caribbean will cover onboard medical treatment, cost of any required land - based quarantine, and travel home for the affected guest and his/ her travel party."

Does anyone (perhaps a TA?) know if this is still current policy? 

If it is, then I wonder exactly what it means.  On a first read, it seems to mean that non-party close contacts get paid land-based quarantine costs but not cruise fare refunds. But the term 'Additionally' introduces some ambiguity.  Do they mean 'Additionally' for positives and party members, but not 'Additionally' for other close contacts?

Edited by Shorewalk Holmes

52 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Owning a cell phone won't result in being locked up, monitored and tested on a cruise ship......

Big Brother and 5G😉🤣🤣

Edited by John&LaLa

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

After watching the segment I know it will be a very long time before we cruise.  We are vaccinated but all the other restrictions are too much for a vacation for us.  Especially the mask wearing and tracking bracelet.  I will start planning our summer vacation to South Dakota and maybe a fall vacation to Tennessee. Maybe 2024 will be a better year to think about cruising again.

I hear you loud and clear. 

Alas, the freedoms we enjoyed and took for granted when we cruised will not be there at the start.  Gone are the days when we could roam freely and maskless about the ship without our every move tracked and traced.  Gone are the days we could show up anywhere, anytime, to activities, shopping, most dining and dine where we could serve ourselves.  Adios to meeting up in the DL, SL, CL, and bars. Au revoir to the bar crawls, slot pulls, cabin crawls, sail aways, gift exchanges etc. etc. Goodbye to the times we could get off the ship at any port and do our own thing.

We will still have the washy, washy thing but now 10-fold.  We will still have the safety of the infirmary but now the entire ship will feel like a medical facility.  We will sail in a bubble to CocoCay and back while 6 feet apart from all fellow cruisers. Our freedoms confined to our giftless cabins where we will share housekeeping duties with our steward.   

In a way, I wish I would have never known cruising -- that way I would not miss the things of the past. I can only hope that one day in the near future things will come back -- maybe a little different but perhaps better than before.  Keep on cruisin' y'all! 

• Like 3

If I am understanding the information I have seen from various sources. 

Both Royal and NCL plan on requiring vaccinations to board cruise ships. 

Gov DeSantis has signed an executive order saying that no companies doing business in Florida may require proof of vaccination to use their services.

Wound that mean that if vaccines are required, cruises can not sail from Florida? 

1 hour ago, TiredOfRoboCalls2017 said:

This is hidious. We do not need mandated vaccines for a COLD aka Corona, repackaged as covid boogie bug for employees and passengers.  CDC is nothing but a paid front for Big Phama/Vaccine industry and is NOT actually part of the Government. 

You obviously haven't been paying attention this last year. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Then it really doesn't matter if bracelets are used. That's still potentially going to happen

Then it's a good thing that New England is beautiful in summer for here I shall be.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Gov DeSantis has signed an executive order saying that no companies doing business in Florida may require proof of vaccination to use their services.

Wound that mean that if vaccines are required, cruises can not sail from Florida? 

Desantis might want to rethink that policy if he is truly concerned about all the Floridians whose livelihoods depend on the cruise industry getting back up to speed.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

I don't think Royal has said they will require vaccines for all future sailings. It was for those starting up from outside the US. Perhaps that was part of the agreement with those countries. Doesn't mean they won't require it in the future, but they did leave the door open.

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Desantis might want to rethink that policy if he is truly concerned about all the Floridians whose livelihoods depend on the cruise industry getting back up to speed.

Just curious why showing a vaccine card isnt enough, why florida would have to agree to a vaccine

Passport for cruises?

If I cruised I have been assuming my card is enough proof of vaccination? 

I know you are a doctor, but I'm missing why you think my card isnt enough?

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

In a way, I wish I would have never known cruising -- that way I would not miss the things of the past. I can only hope that one day in the near future things will come back -- maybe a little different but perhaps better than before.  Keep on cruisin' y'all! 

‘Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.

(credit:  Tennyson)

Edited by logan25
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1