CDC says we may be able to start cruising from US this summer

Im more optimistic with this announcement

Also NCL says they will restart US Sailings by July 4th

Besides our French Laundry Governor says California should be fully open by mid summer

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Kinda same ole 4 steps conditional sailing?

"CDC is committed to working with the cruise industry and seaport partners to resume cruising following the phased approach outlined in the conditional sailing order,”

I like this line:

“This goal aligns with the desire to resume passenger operations in the United States expressed by many major cruise ship operators and travelers; hopefully, by mid-summer with restricted revenue sailings.”

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I like this line:

“This goal aligns with the desire to resume passenger operations in the United States expressed by many major cruise ship operators and travelers; hopefully, by mid-summer with restricted revenue sailings.”

Yea I saw that on carnival boards. Someone said the reduced revenue are the mock cruises. 

If they will give me loyalty pts I'm in. Lol whichever line. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

Besides our French Laundry Governor says California should be fully open by mid summer

June 15th according to the newspaper, but still with mask mandate. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Kinda same ole 4 steps conditional sailing?

"CDC is committed to working with the cruise industry and seaport partners to resume cruising following the phased approach outlined in the conditional sailing order,”

The phased approach the cruise lines just said were unworkable, by the way

38 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

He's got to get everybody smiling again before the recall election.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yea I saw that on carnival boards. Someone said the reduced revenue are the mock cruises. 

If they will give me loyalty pts I'm in. Lol whichever line. 

Actually, I think the "Restricted Revenue" cruises are the 50% capacity cruises. The Test cruises are non-revenue generating, so if revenue cruises are happening by mid-summer that's huge. 

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

Actually, I think the "Restricted Revenue" cruises are the 50% capacity cruises. The Test cruises are non-revenue generating, so if revenue cruises are happening by mid-summer that's huge. 

Jonathan

That is good news 🙂

1 hour ago, jonbgd said:

6/15 is late spring, not mid-summer.

If CDC is aiming for mid-summer, my guess is Aug.

16 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

If CDC is aiming for mid-summer, my guess is Aug.

It's not up to the CDC to "aim" for anything.  It's up to the cruise lines.  The quote from the CDC makes clear that the phased approach to restricted revenue sailing remains in place.  How fast can the cruise lines meet all of the phase requirements so they can get permission to sail?  

Edited by harkinmr

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

He's got to get everybody smiling again before the recall election.  

Im not sure that will even help

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

June 15th according to the newspaper, but still with mask mandate. 

I thought it was july 15th thats sounds even better We get our 2nd shot in a week 

19 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

Yep i was wrong on date

But Im sure there are lots of teachers and students that would say june is  still summertime🤪😁

Edited by jonbgd
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

Im not sure that will even help

I thought it was july 15th thats sounds even better We get our 2nd shot in a week 

Yep i was wrong on date

But Im sure there are lots of teachers and students that would say june is  still summertime🤪😁

I am a teacher.  My last day of teaching is June 29th.  The only thing about June being part of the summer is the oppressive heat we sometimes have to endure in June with no air conditioning in our schools.  Summer begins in July for us.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

I am a teacher.  My last day of teaching is June 29th.  The only thing about June being part of the summer is the oppressive heat we sometimes have to endure in June with no air conditioning in our schools.  Summer begins in July for us.

Most of the USA summer begins earlier.  My grand kids in central CA end this year June 11th.  My wife was a teacher in BC and it was always the bitter end of June.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

It's not up to the CDC to "aim" for anything.  It's up to the cruise lines.  The quote from the CDC makes clear that the phased approach to restricted revenue sailing remains in place.  How fast can the cruise lines meet all of the phase requirements so they can get permission to sail?  

It's just a way for the CDC to absolve themselves of blame when cruising doesn't start this summer since the latest guidance is so unworkable.

56 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

It's just a way for the CDC to absolve themselves of blame when cruising doesn't start this summer since the latest guidance is so unworkable.

Seriously, dude...the CDC doesn’t care about “blame”.  The cruise lines either meet the requirements to sail or not.  The only “blame” the CDC might take is if they dropped the CSO and let the cruise lines sail without any oversight or restrictions and something disastrous happened.  Think about it!  Oh wait...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Russ Lomas said:

I know someone who agrees 100% with this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

O wow that is pretty late in the year

is that that normal during non pandemic or is to make up for snow days

I remember memorial day to labor day was considered summer time 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Umm, summer starts on Memorial Day. End of May. Summer ends on Labor Day, early September

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1