CDC says we may be able to start cruising from US this summer

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

Does that rule apply to Florida which considering where I live it's summer all year there. I know when it drops to 70 you all break out the coats and gloves.

Not really, people wear white all year round.  LOL yes people wear snowsuits when it drops to 70. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Don't forget Massachusetts, Maine, Virginia, South Carolina, and Louisiana besides Florida and Texas and I'm sure I've left some off. 

Alabama, Alaska 😇

1 hour ago, Midwestgal said:

Summer officially starts on June 20, 2021 and ends on September 23, 2021

Summer officially starts on June 20, 2021 and ends on September 23, 2021. 

Saying it twice still won't change my mind😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Midwestgal said:

Summer officially starts on June 20, 2021 and ends on September 23, 2021

Summer officially starts on June 20, 2021 and ends on September 23, 2021. 

Autumnal equinox is September 22 this year.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

This Miami Herald article actually contains some not negative comments from a named CDC official.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cdc-says-passengers-could-be-boarding-cruise-ships-in-us-ports-as-soon-as-july/ar-BB1fmKVu?ocid=msedgntp

Now it's just a new CDC person (Cetron) ignoring practical changes because of vaccinations and spouting off more than year-old garbage about cruise ships and infections. Same dialog, different mouth.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Darn I just missed it.  Most important question, did he get a hair cut yet?

LOL -- looked like he got half a hair cut.  😂.  There was nothing new discussed that we didn't already know so you didn't miss anything. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

RCI segment with Richard Fain is on the air now. 

After watching the segment I know it will be a very long time before we cruise.  We are vaccinated but all the other restrictions are too much for a vacation for us.  Especially the mask wearing and tracking bracelet.  I will start planning our summer vacation to South Dakota and maybe a fall vacation to Tennessee. Maybe 2024 will be a better year to think about cruising again.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Keksie said:

After watching the segment I know it will be a very long time before we cruise.  We are vaccinated but all the other restrictions are too much for a vacation for us.  Especially the mask wearing and tracking bracelet.  I will start planning our summer vacation to South Dakota and maybe a fall vacation to Tennessee. Maybe 2024 will be a better year to think about cruising again.

Same for us.  Masks, bracelets and if limited to ship excursions, = no cruising.  

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Why object to bracelet

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Just curious, what is your objection to bracelet. I don't mind the WOW bands

It's just one of many controls and restrictions that all add up to an experience we aren't interested in.  I don't need a knock on the door telling me I happened to have been be near someone who's tested positive and have to be tested or quarantined or whatever they have planned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

It's just one of many controls and restrictions that all add up to an experience we aren't interested in.  I don't need a knock on the door telling me I happened to have been be near someone who's tested positive and have to be tested or quarantined or whatever they have planned.

That's the bottom line for me too. I don't mind being tracked but the idea that we may still have to be quarantined even after being vaccinated, well I'm not willing to pay for that experience. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bouhunter said:

Wow! You would not want to know if you had been exposed? Talk about head in the sand!!

If you miss cruising, these protocols are not that restrictive. 

It is all a matter of taste I guess!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gmjc2 said:

Wow! You would not want to know if you had been exposed? Talk about head in the sand!!

If you miss cruising, these protocols are not that restrictive. 

It is all a matter of taste I guess!!

I have been vaccinated so no I don't need to know if I have been exposed.  What would the protocol be if I am exposed?  Extra testing, quarantine, no going ashore at a port.  That sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen.  I will not pay for that experience.  I can have a vacation here in the US without any of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, if our September and/or November cruise is a go, we are definitely going! Yes, we booked a balcony room, just in case of quarantine but I really don't think it will come to that. Don't mind wearing masks and/or bracelets, and we're going to relax on the ship, so don't care about excursions. We've both been vaccinated too. Call us crazy if you will but we all have freedom of choice!! Cheers friends and happy cruising!!

• Like 7