CDC Open to USA cruise return this Summer

cruiserking

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Actually variantS. But yes, and more bad news for those who think current vaccinations are the end.

South African variant may evade protection from Pfizer vaccine, Israeli study says

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-israel-study-idUSKBN2BX0JX

At last we agree.....waiting on the BUGTUSSLE variant to emerge...it's the endless wheel.

1 minute ago, topaz123 said:

At last we agree.....waiting on the BUGTUSSLE variant to emerge...it's the endless wheel.

Not at all. All it takes is for deniers to take it seriously for a little while until the numbers can be knocked down to a manageable level. Or to forget about cruising. It's that simple.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I have hope the cso expires in nov. Then we can cruise.

Meanwhile I've heard the same ole mumble jumble from the cdc focusing on the negative.

Seems like we will soon get to where fewer people want the vaccine than we have doses, anticipated end of april or may .. then what? Either we hit herd immunity or keep stumbling along. Jury still out.

I'd like to hear yes we like ncl plan, or yes, but add these 8 things, some specifics with the we still want you to jump thru hoops, and no progress. I've heard no progress with the cdc for a year now. 

Monday the UK is supposed to hit herd immunity with their one shot vaccine plan, faucci was against for us. I hope we do hit herd immunity and can move forward. I want to hear some firm steps forward with cruising. I'm allowed my opinion as are others. I've got 11 cruises booked, how about you? I had more, but they are slowly being cancelled. If I didnt have hope I would have stopped booking. 

Last year it was just get vaccinated and we can cruise ...goal posts been moved so many times I'm worn out. Time for firm responses, not just do the hoops. People are now worried the cdc will move the cso ending nov 1st. At some pt we have to learn to live with this and move forward. We might never be at zero deaths. Cdc needs to respond in detail to ncl plan. Otherwise it's just more words. 

Lol PS I used to have a bf who called me Red. Lol. Though online games I'm fire for red hair.. but apt words from you. 

seems like we are getting close to having everybody that want the vaccine getting it.Doesn't look like we will have enough people vaccinated to reach herd immunity so I guess as you mentioned we will keep stumbling along.

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Not at all. All it takes is for deniers to take it seriously for a little while until the numbers can be knocked down to a manageable level. Or to forget about cruising. It's that simple.

a "little while" is turning out to be a wee bit more than expected. Disney open, people flying, ballparks with crowds....time to realize CDC cannot protect against every, conceivable danger to health. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, topaz123 said:

guidance modified = yet another delay. Enough already....

I think you are getting ahead of yourself.  The CDC has not mandated vaccines for cruising, and has explicitly said that they will not.  A vaccine mandate is up to the cruise lines.  I would assume that any mandate to start would include a requirement that the vaccine received would be approved as per the FDA.  If that includes a booster, then it is what it is.  Looking to blame that on the CDC is disingenuous.    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

The point is about young people and hospitals, but Michigan apparently isn't strict about lockdowns. The cases are increasing apparently because of a variant and the new suggested measures are not mandates.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-michigan-governor-resistance-closures/

"

Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer is urging high schools in the state to voluntarily suspend in-person classes, all youth sports games, and indoor dining and gatherings for two weeks as her state leads the nation in COVID-19 cases. But some organizations are pushing back.

"As we take a hard look at the data and observe the spread of the variance, we all need to go above and beyond the rules we already have in place," Whitmer said at a Friday news conference. "We all have to step up our game for the next two weeks to bring down rising cases.""

Michigan is very strict with lockdowns. As is NY, NJ and PA as well as CA.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What about vaccinated cruises to start? I'm 27 and healthy got my vaccine yesterday. Didn't really want it but sucked up my pride and went.

So if everyone on a cruise ship is vaccinated and doing a little social distancing how would it be a health risk? 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, jperry2011 said:

What about vaccinated cruises to start? I'm 27 and healthy got my vaccine yesterday. Didn't really want it but sucked up my pride and went.

So if everyone on a cruise ship is vaccinated and doing a little social distancing how would it be a health risk? 

If that is all that was needed, then the CDC would have approved the proposal last week from NCL with their 100% vaccinated cruise with cruisers and crew.

4 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

If that is all that was needed, then the CDC would have approved the proposal last week from NCL with their 100% vaccinated cruise with cruisers and crew.

That's not an argument. "The CDC says no" lol

what's the percentage?!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jperry2011 said:

8 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

3 minutes ago, jperry2011 said:

That's not an argument. "The CDC says no" lol

what's the percentage?!

Percentage of what?  You said "What about vaccinated cruises to start?". I responded about the non response from the CDC  regarding the 100% vaccinated cruises on NCL

40 minutes ago, jperry2011 said:

Yikes,,,,,that's too logical.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, jperry2011 said:

Variants.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Hmm, I haven't seen this posted here yet (sorry if old news now):

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2021/04/09/cdc-hopeful-to-have-cruise-lines-operating-by-mid-summer-pete-buttigieg-says/

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are “hopeful” that cruise lines will be allowed to begin operating by mid-summer, according to U.S. Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg."

Sadly it doesn’t matter how “hopeful” the CDC is if they keep putting up roadblocks to cruising. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I wasn't aware that the CDC had added any "roadblocks" to the CSO? What changed?

I am speaking of some of the things the CDC is requiring.   There has been discussion on here or else where on CC on some of them such as requiring  a space of 12 hours before using the gang plank to board passengers after. It being previously used. That one is minor compared to some I read about in the conditions they recently issued v

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cruisegirl said:

I am speaking of some of the things the CDC is requiring.   There has been discussion on here or else where on CC on some of them such as requiring  a space of 12 hours before using the gang plank to board passengers after. It being previously used. That one is minor compared to some I read about in the conditions they recently issued v

How does waiting 12 hours impact anything? That's probably less time than it takes to get to the next port.

9 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Regarding the 12 hour rule.  You have 1 gang plank for embarking and another one for disembarking.  Problem solved.

Otherwise, you would have to get everyone off by 900 am and not begin embarkation until 900 pm.

or use all for disembarking, turn the ship around and use the gangways on the other side for embarking. It's as if the cruise lines aren't even trying.

6 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

or use all for disembarking, turn the ship around and use the gangways on the other side for embarking. It's as if the cruise lines aren't even trying.

Uh, the gangways are the same, regardless of which side of the ship they are used on.  But, as the other poster stated, use the terminal "skyway" for embarkation, and a dock level ship's gangway for disembarkation, which would lead directly to CBP and baggage claim.

12 hours ago, jperry2011 said:

First off, I don't know how it would be a health risk, since I'm not an epidemiologist, are you?

Second, the CDC is primarily not worried about the health of cruise ship passengers, or whether a passenger falls ill on a ship.  They are worried about whether that person leaves the ship and then spreads the disease in the US.  So, their requirements for onboard the ship are only secondarily for the health of the passengers, it is primarily to mitigate the need for treatment or quarantine of anyone who gets ill and needs to be disembarked in the US, or who leaves the ship in the US asymptomatically.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

First off, I don't know how it would be a health risk, since I'm not an epidemiologist, are you?

Second, the CDC is primarily not worried about the health of cruise ship passengers, or whether a passenger falls ill on a ship.  They are worried about whether that person leaves the ship and then spreads the disease in the US.  So, their requirements for onboard the ship are only secondarily for the health of the passengers, it is primarily to mitigate the need for treatment or quarantine of anyone who gets ill and needs to be disembarked in the US, or who leaves the ship in the US asymptomatically.

I'm not sure if you know this or not but Covid has already spread across the US..  🤣🤣

• Like 4