Silver Moon Greece 10 day itineraries beginning June, 2021

WesW

October is getting to be off season for the Med, so prices might be lower. 

I am paying 75% solo supp for Spirit round U.K. in September which makes the per diem eye watering, the highest I’ve ever paid for SS. Doesn’t help that once I got the taste for verandah cabins, I can’t go back to vistas. 

But I do agree that most often the supp is 50%, just a bit surprised that these inaugural cruises would qualify. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your insight Jolly, know you have tons of solo cruising experience.  We have to have either my wife or I at home with our 17 year old furson/pet. So she goes to Texas next month while I'm at home, then it's my turn--I choose Silversea in Greece but greater than 50% single sup would be a deal crusher.

33 minutes ago, WesW said:

Thanks for your insight Jolly, know you have tons of solo cruising experience.  We have to have either my wife or I at home with our 17 year old furson/pet. So she goes to Texas next month while I'm at home, then it's my turn--I choose Silversea in Greece but greater than 50% single sup would be a deal crusher.

Wes, I agree with Jolly, it really depends on Supply and Demand and if the cruises are selling

well---they won't have to give us solos a break😲.....I am waiting to see the price as well.  If

the per person price is 8grand (example) I have to wonder what the price for a solo will be........

I have been sailing solo for nearly 20 years now.........it is hit or miss on the cost.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, TRIPACIAN said:

This is all good news for us.  We are booked on the October 23rd, 25 day btb Athens to Dubai.  We were just hoping that the Moon would be sailing by then.

And we are right behind your cruise. Please leave some wine and caviar for us please.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 1:04 AM, WesW said:

Itinerary we're booking attached

image001.png

Do you happen to have the other dates as well? I initially thought  they would repeat this itinerary continuously throughout the summer. However, that doesn't really add up. If they start this 20-day itinerary on June 18, it would end on July 8, and then there are only 10 days left until July 18.

Can United States citizens transit through London Heathrow or Gatwick and get on a plane to Athens the same day (without the mandatory quarantine)? I've tried researching this myself and the UK.gov and LHR websites are as clear as mud.

1 hour ago, TakingFlight said:

Can United States citizens transit through London Heathrow or Gatwick and get on a plane to Athens the same day (without the mandatory quarantine)? I've tried researching this myself and the UK.gov and LHR websites are as clear as mud.

Probably depends on whether the US is a red zone country when you wish to travel.

59 minutes ago, TakingFlight said:

Are there any nonstop flights from the US to Athens?

I do believe there are flights non stop from JFK to Athens.  (If you live in the Tri-state area and don't have to fly to get to NY).

1 hour ago, carefreecruise said:

Sounds like something to look into this cruising around the Greek Islands. I went to SS website and it shows the Moon's first voyage Sept 16th. Where did you find these voyages?

The voyages are not listed on the website yet.  They will be released on April 15th.

57 minutes ago, TakingFlight said:

Haven’t checked since the pandemic started but we flew Philadelphia to Athens on American Airlines a couple of years ago to catch a Silversea cruise.  

Hi Randy, but you had to get to Philly first😃.  I have flown out of Philly as well....and out of Newark.

Never to Athens, but Rome and Venice.  Those airports and JFK always have flights overseas.

We live on the Central Coast of California, not close to an international airport. Always a lengthy journey to get anywhere East. But I will be in South Carolina visiting family and it's possible we could work the PHL-ATH flight immediately afterward to connect with the first Greece sailing. Hmm...intriguing. 

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Randy, but you had to get to Philly first😃.  I have flown out of Philly as well....and out of Newark.

Never to Athens, but Rome and Venice.  Those airports and JFK always have flights overseas.

Very true.   Over the years it’s been a mixed bag.  We’ve made that trip to Rome, Venice, and Athens. Twice I think we were able to fly San Antonio to Philadelphia directly and once we had to route through Dallas but it wasn’t bad.  Having gone San Antonio (SAT) to Dallas (DFW) then London (LHR)  to Barcelona (BCN) one or two flights seemed much better.  Mrs K really really doesn’t like going through LHR.   

Next question: Dress "code". We have been to Greece in August--so hot! DH is not enamored of the more formal dress code on the Moon. We've only done Silversea Expeditions so not so formal. Can he get by with a sport coat and collared shirt? I just can't picture a suit and tie in the hot weather climate.

In addition to Philly, you can fly nonstop from O’Hare on AA as well.

39 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I do believe there are flights non stop from JFK to Athens.

AA is presently selling seats on this route, but it hasn’t been approved by the government yet.

12 minutes ago, TakingFlight said:

DH is not enamored of the more formal dress code on the Moon.

Can he get by with a sport coat and collared shirt?

I didn’t realize the Moon’s dress code had even been announced yet since the ship has never sailed with paying passengers.  Where did he see the dress code of the ship at?  I’d like to examine it myself as we’re booked on her next winter in SE Asia.

Regardless, the Moon has more dining options  than any other SS ship.  So, I would imagine even if these 10-day voyages have a formal night, you will find plenty of venues allowing him to dine wearing a sport coat and collared shirt, or even a venue or two that is completely casual. 

15 minutes ago, TakingFlight said:

Next question: Dress "code". We have been to Greece in August--so hot! DH is not enamored of the more formal dress code on the Moon. We've only done Silversea Expeditions so not so formal. Can he get by with a sport coat and collared shirt? I just can't picture a suit and tie in the hot weather climate.

Taking flight

Not sure about formal nights on these cruises.

But you do have dining options as Stumble says.

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

I didn’t realize the Moon’s dress code had even been announced yet since the ship has never sailed with paying passengers.  Where did he see the dress code of the ship at?  

Nothing published. Moon is not an expedition ship so I assumed it would be similar to the rest of the Silversea fleet as discussed here on Cruise Critic.

It probably will be.   I can only speak for me and I sail solo.  I normally wear a dressy pair

of slacks and nice top on formal nights and have always felt appropriate. Depending on the

restaurant,  other evenings are just casual.  I would say for a guy, a collared shirt and slacks

are fine. I am sure some of the guys on here can give you their views. 

Sorry, you were specifically asking about formal nights.......I will let the 

males answer that one.🙂

...so I assumed...

Whew!  Good.  

The way you wrote that original post sounded like he had first hand knowledge.  While I may love the formal aspect of the classic fleet, it certainly isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.  So, now we know he’ll be just fine in the attire you proposed as I certainly agree with your assumption.