just got jabbed

twice actually... first attempt at my J&J one-and-done was a fail - the medic didn't click the syringe to the needle so it wasn't locked and when he punctured my skin with the needle the vaccine went flying all over my arm and the protective covering on the table.  While we were waiting for the decision-maker to decide if they just try again or if there was a risk that some went in my arm already, I asked him "You new at this?"  He said I was his third ever" - a firefighter - but proud this was his first ever flub.  After his second try was a success, I left him with a "3 for 4!  See you on the cruise!"  😃

• Like 9

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

twice actually... first attempt at my J&J one-and-done was a fail - the medic didn't click the syringe to the needle so it wasn't locked and when he punctured my skin with the needle the vaccine went flying all over my arm and the protective covering on the table.  While we were waiting for the decision-maker to decide if they just try again or if there was a risk that some went in my arm already, I asked him "You new at this?"  He said I was his third ever" - a firefighter - but proud this was his first ever flub.  After his second try was a success, I left him with a "3 for 4!  See you on the cruise!"  😃

Reminds me of the military when you were the practice arms for the trainees. Got my one and only last month, hate vaccines, but it was not as bad as I thought it would be.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, skrufy said:

Reminds me of the military when you were the practice arms for the trainees. Got my one and only last month, hate vaccines, but it was not as bad as I thought it would be.

Agreed!  Neither stick hurt at all, (tiny bit, less than having blood drawn) and the pressure of the medicine being injected just felt weird, no pain.  6 hours later my shoulder is a little sore, arm no pain at all.  No rash.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Agreed!  Neither stick hurt at all, (tiny bit, less than having blood drawn) and the pressure of the medicine being injected just felt weird, no pain.  6 hours later my shoulder is a little sore, arm no pain at all.  No rash.

Didn’t get any injection feeling, no pain for the first two minutes then a dull bearable pain for about 5 minutes. No side affects,

• Like 1

That's good that he was able to give it to you again.  I got both doses of Pfizer. I had a sore arm and mild side effects from the second dose that went away after a day.  Next week, my husband and I are will be getting on a plane for the first time in over a year.  It feels great to be able to travel across the country again.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

We got Pfizer, sore arm for the first dose and slight fever and very tired for about 3 days on the 2nd dose. 2nd dose was over a month ago. Now less than 2 weeks and we are heading too Hawaii for 13 days. CAN’T WAIT!!! Last vacation was December 2019 to aruba. I need a salt water soak!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

My daughter just got her J&J on Tues., and also mentioned the pressure, which I didn’t feel at all with my 2 Moderna’s. She actually got flu like symptoms, about 6 hrs later, which lasted over a day.. She’s an NP, and has seen hundreds of patients over the last year, and hasn’t gotten sick. We were thinking maybe she was asymptomatic and had Covid, and that’s why she had the reaction she did. We will never know.

• Like 1

I got my first dose of Pfizer a few weeks ago. I loathe needles but it didn’t hurt I just felt the pressure of the medicine going in. I had a tiny bit of arm ache but nothing else. I’m hoping my 2nd one this week goes just as well!

Congrats to you and good luck to everyone else. I don’t currently have any travel plans. I just wanted to feel a little less anxiety about everything since I’m around a lot of sick/elderly people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got my whole and extended family appts when they opened for us.  Everyone except 16 year old nephew (4/30 apt. because they just opened in NY for 16+) and dd30 (2nd shot next Saturday) are fully vaccinated with Pfizer.  Just slightly sore arms for 6/7 of us.  The 7th had very bad side effects - from the shot or from her "head" we don't know.  (migrane, body aches, fever - all lasting 4 days each shot).  We are very happy we are vaccinated, and are  heading to Disneyworld 5/1 after cancelling 4x during pandemic.  Precautions will be taken - and a ton of hand sanitizer also!  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

We got Pfizer, sore arm for the first dose and slight fever and very tired for about 3 days on the 2nd dose. 2nd dose was over a month ago. Now less than 2 weeks and we are heading too Hawaii for 13 days. CAN’T WAIT!!! Last vacation was December 2019 to aruba. I need a salt water soak!!

We get our 2nd Pfizer jabs on Tuesday.  Hopefully with no side effects but we will see.  Almost our entire family vaccinated now (all except a son in law and daughter in law)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, skrufy said:

Or in nursing school when you had to give the first shots to classmates.  As well as bedbaths...  EM

I'm scheduled to get my J&J this afternoon. Have to admit I'm a little nervous with it being in the news these last few days. Plus, I'm getting it through the VA so understand all too well bad pokes in military medicine! Mostly because they are often training someone very young.

3 hours ago, HxFx said:

I'm scheduled to get my J&J this afternoon. Have to admit I'm a little nervous with it being in the news these last few days. Plus, I'm getting it through the VA so understand all too well bad pokes in military medicine! Mostly because they are often training someone very young.

Both of my shots were by the military, and they did a great job. 

2 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

Both of my shots were by the military, and they did a great job. 

I don't remember any of my vaccines in the military being a bad experience but I did get my arm butchered one time when blood was drawn (and I have been complimented on my easy access veins many times😄!) It has definitely made me apprehensive of needles since. That being said, I just got back and they were extremely organized and efficient! 

I have been vaccinated for about a month now.   In my state of California,  vaccinations are open to all 16 and older.   However demand is low. There are plenty of appointments available.  It seems that younger folks and certain segments of the population are not interested.   I think in the end government is going to have to provide incentives to get people to take the shot.  For example,  a $50 debit card my prove effective at getting people to come out for the vaccinations.   Also mobile units that go into neighborhoods that are reluctant to get vaccinated.  

38 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

For example,  a $50 debit card my prove effective at getting people to come out for the vaccinations

Sorry but that’s a bad idea & I am progressive on many topics.  Make it easily available & accessible.  I would say mandate time off from work but the largest vaccination site near me already runs 8am-6pm 7 days a week & is open to anyone 18 & over.