Using FCC by December 31, 2022

tert333

33 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Are the FCC’s not tied to the TA that I used for the cruise?  Good suggestion.  Thank you.

TA , meaning travel agent?  

call your travel agent again and ask them to try again for an extension. Copy post of others on here who got extension on their FCC. Or refer your TA to this thread. 

My agent has done this type of thing for me before.  Always worth a second try on a week day. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dog said:

TA , meaning travel agent?  

call your travel agent again and ask them to try again for an extension. Copy post of others on here who got extension on their FCC. Or refer your TA to this thread. 

My agent has done this type of thing for me before.  Always worth a second try on a week day. 

Yes, I meant Travel Agent.

I was wondering if I was required to request the extension via the Travel Agent, since the FCCs are from cruises that I booked with them.

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I was wondering if I was required to request the extension via the Travel Agent, since the FCCs are from cruises that I booked with them.

Thank you.

No, that is up to you. I used a TA for my March 2020 cruise. It was cancelled. My TA dealt with it. 

I got FCC put into my cruise account. I phoned Princess myself ( difficult to get a hold of TA) and Princess agent applied my FCC to my new booking. You can deal directly with Princess or your TA now ( previously TA would have to deal with everything). 

• Thanks 1

@Ronnieslady and @jagoffeeif you cannot get your TA to extend your FCC, have you thought about contacting the PVP office? Mine did it while I was on the phone. So did the one @dsvrnworks with. It is possible. worked for @dogtoo with a TA.

OH and my 2023 cruise isn't in Australia 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

The FCCs are tied to you, not any TA.

o As far as requesting an extension, you can deal directly with Princess. Of course booking a cruise at the time you ask for an extension enhances the chance you can get the extension.

o You can use the FCCs and book with Princess directly, the original TA, or any other TA you want to use.

o If you have a good TA, he/she might be able to get an extension more easily than you might, again, as long as you are making a new booking the FCCs could be applied to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you.  I appreciate all the input.  

I think I will start by going back to my TA, again.  I will tell her to try again and if she is not successful, then cancel my January 2023 booking.  (I asked when I made the booking, but not before).  This will return my FCDs to our accounts.  

Then I will will later try to book directly with Princess with the stipulation that the FCCs will need to be extended a month.  They all currently expire on December 31, 2022.  If I am not successful, I will tell Princess to refund my FCC’s. 

As suggested this will give me maximum leverage.  

On 5/2/2021 at 7:44 AM, jagoffee said:

Thank you.  I appreciate all the input.  

I think I will start by going back to my TA, again.  I will tell her to try again and if she is not successful, then cancel my January 2023 booking.  (I asked when I made the booking, but not before).  This will return my FCDs to our accounts.  

Then I will will later try to book directly with Princess with the stipulation that the FCCs will need to be extended a month.  They all currently expire on December 31, 2022.  If I am not successful, I will tell Princess to refund my FCC’s. 

As suggested this will give me maximum leverage.  

Time for an update.   My TA has several clients in the same situation.  A cruise in January 2023 that is outside the window for the current Goodwill FCC’s that expire at the end of 2022.  She has been unable to get the FCCs expiration dates  extended further or apply them to my January 2023 cruise.  Princess is apparently taking a firm approach at this time. I am a little surprised that Princess was willing to give up our booking. Perhaps they developed a new in house policy?

Therefore I cancelled my January 2023 cruise and the FCD’s that I had used were immediately returned to my account.  

I am going to wait a week or so and try to book the January 2023 cruise directly with Princess with the assumption that the FCC’s can be immediately applied.  (Not confident).

If unsuccessful, I will ask for a cash refund on my FCCs (deposits from three cancelled cruises) and give up my Goodwill FCC’s.  Goodwill turning into just the opposite over a three week extension!!

John99, I know that you think my TA is not working hard enough on my behalf.  I will be looking for current cases where the Goodwill FCCs were extended passed the new end of December 2022 date.

Edited by jagoffee

We had our April of 2022, Sydney to LA cruise, on the Emerald, canceled a few weeks ago.  We had $7,000 of FCC's from previously canceled cruises applied to that cruise.  Princess offered a move-over to the April of 2023, Majestic, Sydney to LA cruise.

We accepted the move over, they honored the cabin category and the price that we booked the Emerald cruise (which was $1,500 pp less than the current Majestic cruise).  And, they moved over the FCC's to the new booking.  Our FCC's now show an expiration date of 04/30/23.

So, they do move the expiration dates of the FCC's.  I think you might have a better position dealing directly with someone at Princess???  Good Luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I am going to wait a week or so and try to book the January 2023 cruise directly with Princess with the assumption that the FCC’s can be immediately applied.  (Not confident).

I wish you the best of luck!!!  I book directly with Princess, and the answer we received last week was no.  If you are successful, I would be glad to know.  I am holding out hope that maybe at some point, Princess with change their mind.  🤞  I prefer the 2023 itinerary to what we have booked for 2022, but I want to do both!!!

In contrast, since he won't be able to go on our rescheduled cruise, Celebrity moved our son's FCC into my name and applied both to my fare.  When I asked, I thought for sure they would decline, and I would lose his deposit/FCC.  I was prepared for that.  It was so nice when they emailed me and had posted all three FCCs to my husband's and my booking.

Edited by LoveThatCorgi
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I was part of Phase 1 and a week ago cancelled by New Year cruise.  I already have one booked for May '22, so wanted to see if Princess would extend the FCC to May 23.  I was told no by PVP.  They offered to price protect for December '22 New Year cruise but wouldn't extend my date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

I was part of Phase 1 and a week ago cancelled by New Year cruise.  I already have one booked for May '22, so wanted to see if Princess would extend the FCC to May 23.  I was told no by PVP.  They offered to price protect for December '22 New Year cruise but wouldn't extend my date.

Thanks for the response.  I'm wondering if this is a new position by Princess.  It seemed like they had previously been amenable to extending into 2023 from what I'd read on other posts previously.

If things don’t improve with the containment of the virus, I hope Princess will extend the Goodwill FCCs until December 2023…especially considering that the CDC recently recommended that those with increased risk for severe illness, regardless of vaccination status, avoid cruises.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Thanks for the response.  I'm wondering if this is a new position by Princess.  It seemed like they had previously been amenable to extending into 2023 from what I'd read on other posts previously.

I have asked twice to extend to a February 2023 reservation and been told no twice - once by our PVP and once by customer service, both of whom checked with supervisors to be sure.  I went ahead and paid the deposit on the February reservation hoping they change positions.  🤞 I'll keep asking periodically.

Edited by LoveThatCorgi
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Has anyone had success requesting a refund of Future Cruise Credits (not FCDs). The way things are going it looks like we won't be able to cruise until 2023 or later (?) and our FCCs expire in May '22.

All FCCs should have been adjusted to expire in December 2022 already.  But I do think a lot of folks are in the same boat (do to speak as you) in terms of possibly not being able to cruise until 2023.

20 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

All FCCs should have been adjusted to expire in December 2022 already.  But I do think a lot of folks are in the same boat (do to speak as you) in terms of possibly not being able to cruise until 2023.

Used all of our FCCs for a 1/22 cruise that we will almost certainly cancel. So, wondering about extensions vs. refund.

3 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Used all of our FCCs for a 1/22 cruise that we will almost certainly cancel. So, wondering about extensions vs. refund.

Ours are FCCs from a cancelled 2020 cruise.  We did get our son's refunded and lost the goodwill credit.  He will start college and can't go.  We are holding on to husband and mine hoping for the extension that they have said no to twice. Our request was for extension to end of February 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LoveThatCorgi said:

Ours are FCCs from a cancelled 2020 cruise.  We did get our son's refunded and lost the goodwill credit.  He will start college and can't go.  We are holding on to husband and mine hoping for the extension that they have said no to twice. Our request was for extension to end of February 2023.

That's not much of an extension that you were asking for and it's not good that Princess won't work with you.  I was asking the question for our friends.  We were supposed to travel with them on Princess cruises 4 times between May 2020 and December 2021 and Princess cancelled all 4.  She called Princess last week and was told that they could extend it but since she had booked through a TA, that the TA would need to get it done.  And the TA said she would call next week but she has repeatedly been told no when she has made similar requests for others lately.  We will find out for sure next week.  Our friends have multiple weddings and other family events happening next year and can't book anything.  It would be very sad if they don't get to use the 50% goodwill bonus that they got during the first pause for leaving the $$ with Princess.  We opted for a full refund and got 25% goodwill FCC for the same cruise (which we've already used so extensions aren't an issue for us).

10 hours ago, LoveThatCorgi said:

I think I'm about to lose the kids Goodwill FCC but I got my cash refund 3/12/20. So I wish it would transfer to me, asked PVP to see if it will, but expect a hard 'NO.' 1 cannot go in April / won't take the other without her sister. Maybe next summer. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ombud said:

I think I'm about to lose the kids Goodwill FCC but I got my cash refund 3/12/20. So I wish it would transfer to me, asked PVP to see if it will, but expect a hard 'NO.' 1 cannot go in April / won't take the other without her sister. Maybe next summer. 

Celebrity let me transfer son's FCC to me, but when I asked PVP at Princess, it was a definite no.  So, I just asked for them to go ahead and refund his regular FCC, and we lost the goodwill FCC.