Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

I agree that the option to use either the app or the website/personalizer for required check in documents should be seamless - if they can sync the actual bookings, shouldn't it be possible to also sync documents (coming from a non-techie, so forgive me if this isn't as easy as it sounds to me...). I have no problem using an app onboard for things I choose to use it for - drinks, dining, finding my kids, etc and actually quite liked it. However, like others have mentioned, having to use a teeny keypad on an OLD SMALL iphone (lol) is not the easiest for "official" stuff - I would much prefer to do that using my large keyboard and monitor. Although, at this point in time, I guess I would just be happy to get to log in to the app before it crashed and burned...If I was fortunate enough to be on these first sailings, I would be feeling a tad stressed right now!

• Like 2

A little off topic, but also coming soon:

Princess Ship

New exclusive benefits for Elite and Platinum members
If Dine My Way dining perks weren’t enough, we’re also excited to announce new benefits for clients who are Elite and Platinum members:

• 10% off spa treatments and photo offerings
• An exclusive 50% discount on MedallionNet® Wi-Fi (With this fast, reliable internet now offered on all our ships, no need to limit your time worrying about minutes anymore!)
• 10% off shore excursions for Elite members

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, this is a new screen.  Went into My Personalizer and this is what what showing:

"Check-In With the MedallionClass™ App (coming soon).  "

All my cruise information has been entered into My Personalizer already.  Guess I will just have to keep checking back to see what is new and if I can possibly download the app (I will uninstall the old one on my phone first just to be on the safe side.)

37 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Princess Ship

If Dine My Way dining perks weren’t enough, we’re also excited to announce new benefits for clients who are Elite and Platinum members:

• An exclusive 50% discount on MedallionNet® Wi-Fi (With this fast, reliable internet now offered on all our ships, no need to limit your time worrying about minutes anymore!)

OH WOW!!!  I am loving that 50% off MedallionNet!!!  It used to be 25% off.  And that was off the Day 1 On-Board pricing as opposed to off the Personalizer offer.  I imagine it will still be the same.  

Do you know if they are continuing with the 4-device option as well as the single-person option?  That would be really good.  If it is 50% off and only a single-person option going forward, then no real savings.  (The 4-device option cost exactly 2x the single-person option after 25% Elite/Platinum discount).

ETA:  For me it means a higher value of Princess PLUS package has to be assigned to the drink portion which means I am even less likely to get it now.  Internet becomes even cheaper at 50% off.

Edited by Steelers36

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

OH WOW!!!  I am loving that 50% off MedallionNet!!!  It used to be 25% off.  And that was off the Day 1 On-Board pricing as opposed to off the Personalizer offer.  I imagine it will still be the same.  

Do you know if they are continuing with the 4-device option as well as the single-person option?  That would be really good.  If it is 50% off and only a single-person option going forward, then no real savings.  (The 4-device option cost exactly 2x the single-person option after 25% Elite/Platinum discount).

ETA:  For me it means a higher value of Princess PLUS package has to be assigned to the drink portion which means I am even less likely to get it now.  Internet becomes even cheaper at 50% off.

I was thinking the same...they need to go back to having the choice of 2 perks rather than all 3. If I can get 50% off MedallionNet then the Princess Plus isn't much value, since I travel with 2 kids (they use the internet and obviously gratuities, but less expensive to buy separately)

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

I was thinking the same...they need to go back to having the choice of 2 perks rather than all 3. If I can get 50% off MedallionNet then the Princess Plus isn't much value, since I travel with 2 kids (they use the internet and obviously gratuities, but less expensive to buy separately)

The reason I ask about the 4-device package as we already were effectively getting 50% off internet since a 4-device package cost for was the same as two single-person packages.  When I do the math for PLUS option, I know our crew incentive cost $29/day and internet at around $10/day (both costs for both of us).  And I know what I would spend in corkage fee and wine, so I can figure it out.  By the numbers I posted, we need to spend about $41/day between us in drinks - and we don't.  If my internet cost drops to $5/day, then we need to spend $46/day in drinks to justify PLUS.  (We share a 4-device package with another couple we usually are cruising with).

51 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Princess Ship

I have prepaid numerous excursions on several cruises and I’m wondering if Princess will discount my excursions by 10% or will I need to rebook them?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I have prepaid numerous excursions on several cruises and I’m wondering if Princess will discount my excursions by 10% or will I need to rebook them?

I'm wondering about that too.  The actual accounting happens on the ship.  I wonder if the 10% will appear on the folio as a credit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Princess Ship

Where is that?  I just looked at the Elite benefits under Captain's Circle and it's not there yet.  They did remove the free Wifi minutes from the official list of perks already.  Love these new perks!

2 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Where is that?  I just looked at the Elite benefits under Captain's Circle and it's not there yet.  They did remove the free Wifi minutes from the official list of perks already.  Love these new perks!

It was in a TA email sent today - no start date mentioned

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

It is a Platinum benefit, so Elite's inherit it and everything lower.  Princess has not updated the original language in this section since the introduction of MedallionNet.  Reading only the below from Captain's Circle Benefits info would not fully inform the customer with the correct info as the unlimited internet package discount is not mentioned at all.

Complimentary Internet Package13
Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet package to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the guest’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

• Voyages 7 days or less, 150 minutes
  • Voyages 8-20 days, 250 minutes
  • Voyages 21+ days, 500 minutes

As a Platinum Captain’s Circle Member you will be recognized as such when you initially log on to the Internet onboard. Upon the initial log on you will see a screen which shows you how many complimentary minutes you are eligible to receive. In addition, you will have the opportunity purchase additional Internet packages at the available rates. This offer is only available at the time of the initial log on.

Only usage exceeding the allotted amounts will be charged to your onboard folio.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for all the new perks to be documented under CC Benefits page.

26 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It is a Platinum benefit, so Elite's inherit it and everything lower.  Princess has not updated the original language in this section since the introduction of MedallionNet.  Reading only the below from Captain's Circle Benefits info would not fully inform the customer with the correct info as the unlimited internet package discount is not mentioned at all.

Complimentary Internet Package13
Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet package to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the guest’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

• Voyages 7 days or less, 150 minutes
  • Voyages 8-20 days, 250 minutes
  • Voyages 21+ days, 500 minutes

As a Platinum Captain’s Circle Member you will be recognized as such when you initially log on to the Internet onboard. Upon the initial log on you will see a screen which shows you how many complimentary minutes you are eligible to receive. In addition, you will have the opportunity purchase additional Internet packages at the available rates. This offer is only available at the time of the initial log on.

Only usage exceeding the allotted amounts will be charged to your onboard folio.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for all the new perks to be documented under CC Benefits page.

Ah yes, forgot to look there.  My bad!  Thanks for the clarification.

10 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Based upon what is being said on the Princess webinar today it sounds like they will be documenting your Covid-19 information under the new Health Status feature on the app.

The law passed by DeSantis will be irrelevant since there will be no need to show your vaccine card/passport in the State of Florida.

For Alaska at least, the webinar said you still need to show proof at check-in.

9 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

They did.  For Princess you must have a smartphone, period.  There is no way around it.  Well for now there isn't.  I am guessing that if there is a large enough contingent who don't have these devices they will find a workaround.  But he was very clear that this is the way that they will collect health and other information going forward.

Or a compatible tablet.

They did suggest using a friend's smartphone for this. Just what we need in these days of cyber theft, putting all your personal information on someone else's digital device and hope their device never gets hacked or traded in with your info still on it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Princess Ship

Pre-pandemic 7 day-internet price was $70 and 1st day platinum/elite price was $52.50.

Will need to wait to see if post-pandemic price for platinum/elite is really $35 of if they have raised the list price and the discounted price becomes higher that $35.

Also, can just one eligible person in the cabin sign up or do all eligible have to sign up if one does?

Personally, I find this eliminates the platinum/elite benefit completely as the number of free minutes in the past was always enough to cover our needs. So $35 or whatever will be charged is an increase to what I have paid in the past.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

Pre-pandemic 7 day-internet price was $60 and 1st day platinum/elite price was $52.50.

Will need to wait to see if post-pandemic price for platinum/elite is really $30 of if they have raised the list price and the discounted price becomes higher that $30.

Also, can just one eligible person in the cabin sign up or do all eligible have to sign up if one does?

Personally, I find this eliminates the platinum/elite benefit completely as the number of free minutes in the past was always enough to cover our needs. So $30 or whatever will be charged is an increase to what I have paid in the past.

I corrected the pricing above which was in error in my original post.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Or a compatible tablet.

They did suggest using a friend's smartphone for this. Just what we need in these days of cyber theft, putting all your personal information on someone else's digital device and hope their device never gets hacked or traded in with your info still on it.

I am ok using Apps and the like and when I used it previously I screenshot my boarding pass to use at check in. However most Apps need internet access and when I am away I don't have data access on my phone, until I am somewhere we I can get Wi-Fi access i.e. such as on the ship. I know most port facilities, like airports, have Wi-Fi but I hardly will be wanting to find it, plus the logging in at some places is tedious, such as the need to set up an account. So, if I need to open an App at check in I can see problems for me.

Of course if you are leaving from a home port you will have phone network coverage, but in our case, Australian phone companies can rip you off to enable overseas connectivity. 

Hopefully someone will tell me I am wrong.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Per Princess, installing the update is the first simple step.

image.png.6abe7122152faf8e7674a7bb410b7276.png

Lol - yes, the updating piece was very simple. It's the rest of the steps that are impossible - at least on my iphone!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Princess Ship

10% off shore excursions is a nice new perk. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I am watching a webinar now and it will go live on June 7th.  Fully paid, platinum, and elite passengers will be allowed to make reservations early. 

Thanks, we will pay Final on June 13 so will check after that. I wonder if we will know Show Times to coordinate with Dining.

Edited by Tedferg

51 minutes ago, 1965 said:

10% off shore excursions is a nice new perk. 

True, but the Platinum/Elite cruisers are the more experienced ones and less likely to take ship's excursions than those who are ineligible for this benefit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, leck57 said:

I am ok using Apps and the like and when I used it previously I screenshot my boarding pass to use at check in. However most Apps need internet access and when I am away I don't have data access on my phone, until I am somewhere we I can get Wi-Fi access i.e. such as on the ship. I know most port facilities, like airports, have Wi-Fi but I hardly will be wanting to find it, plus the logging in at some places is tedious, such as the need to set up an account. So, if I need to open an App at check in I can see problems for me.

Of course if you are leaving from a home port you will have phone network coverage, but in our case, Australian phone companies can rip you off to enable overseas connectivity. 

Hopefully someone will tell me I am wrong.

Not sure of this but isn't Wi Fi on the ship like the Wi Fi you find in ports etc. ? They would need to extend that to the Port Check In area.