Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

17 minutes ago, tring said:

We have been trying to get into the app today, but it does not seem to be working at all, though, with difficulty, we got some response from it yesterday.

I was about to ask if anyone else had been able to access it today, so would be interested if anyone has.  We are in the UK, if it makes a difference.

Misbehaving for me too. We are in California so it is not just for Scousers

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Misbehaving for me too. We are in California so it is not just for Scousers

I won't take it personally then 🙂

We were able to do four dinner bookings last night, but it is just refusing to do any today.

Edited by tring

I just tried installing the Medallion app & it seems to be installed but I can't access the Dining My Way portion where we can re-instate our late Traditional choice. Our cruise isn't until Sept. 2022, but we had our choice made when we booked the cruise last fall--we really want to be sure to get late traditional--and now it seems that isn't going to be possible. And there is no dining choice showing now on our booking on the computer. This is ridiculous! We wouldn't have even had smartphones except that we needed them for a recent trip to Hawaii to jump through the SafeTravels hoops.

1 hour ago, konatyme said:

I just tried installing the Medallion app & it seems to be installed but I can't access the Dining My Way portion where we can re-instate our late Traditional choice. Our cruise isn't until Sept. 2022, but we had our choice made when we booked the cruise last fall--we really want to be sure to get late traditional--and now it seems that isn't going to be possible. And there is no dining choice showing now on our booking on the computer. This is ridiculous! We wouldn't have even had smartphones except that we needed them for a recent trip to Hawaii to jump through the SafeTravels hoops.

If you had selected Late TD when you made the booking, chances are you have a 7:00pm reservation for whoever is in the cabin.  You won't know for sure until DMW works in the App for you.  Keep trying?  Are you OceanReady?  Steps 1 thru 3?

On some of the other threads about MC App and changes to CC Member benefits, it has been suggested to write to various Princess exec's and outline issues and let them know what we think. 

Since the voice of the new MC App and DMW functionality has often been SVP John Chernesky, I thought he should be included as well and I mentioned in the email to him specifically that I hoped he would address some of these real issues head-on in his upcoming webinars.  Of course, he is JChernesky@PrincessCruises.com.  All my emails went through with no kickbacks.

Otherwise, I sent the exact email submission to all persons mentioned.

22 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

Has anyone been able to select your dining reservations on the Medallion App?

That's at least one of the things that's not functional...yet.

Apparently, they've promised a major update in August that will fix everything.

Does anyone here believe in the Tooth Fairy?🤡

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Just a question   is this really so important... particularly for a cruise 6-12 months away....

I get the traditional dinning bit....  but if we eat in MDR.... we get there, we get there....

you are on holiday... relax.......

Absolutely  - we are on a cruise in October this year,  and I haven't even tried to download the app, let alone worry about booking a table. I'll just stroll along to the MDR when hungry - no worries!

Why get worked up for a 2023 cruise! 

5 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Just a question   is this really so important... particularly for a cruise 6-12 months away....

I get the traditional dinning bit....  but if we eat in MDR.... we get there, we get there....

you are on holiday... relax.......

Vacation exactly. Book it, select your dining, mostly forget it until final payment is due. When you get there it's all arranged. That was how it was. Now with Dine My Way you can't forget it. You have to keep after the dining reservations. Last booked reservations will receive what remains. Some of the relax has been removed and becomes less comfortable. 

• Like 2

We've preferred Anytime Dining for being able to decide whatever time we wanted to eat, but now have to rethink our dining plans.  One of the things we have enjoyed about cruising is being able to relax and not deal with stress.  Now it's a whole new ballgame dealing with DMW, and feel we need to pre-book dining at the time best for us or we'll lose out that time slot....sigh...

Hoping once cruising starts up this summer, we hear positive reports about how this plays out.

17 minutes ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

We've preferred Anytime Dining for being able to decide whatever time we wanted to eat, but now have to rethink our dining plans.  One of the things we have enjoyed about cruising is being able to relax and not deal with stress.  Now it's a whole new ballgame dealing with DMW, and feel we need to pre-book dining at the time best for us or we'll lose out that time slot....sigh...

Hoping once cruising starts up this summer, we hear positive reports about how this plays out.

What time did you usually dine ?

1 hour ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

We tend to eat earlier...anywhere from 5:45 to 6:15 works best for us.

Sounds like pre-DMW you arrived at the MDR at 5:45 to 6:15. Can't you still do that? Just show up when you want to?

2 hours ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

We tend to eat earlier...anywhere from 5:45 to 6:15 works best for us.

I would have thought you would have a problem at that time, too many people. Actually DMW could help you with a reservation at that time. 

you can still just turn up but that is a high traffic time 

Edited by Tedferg

6 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

Uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  and now has the "Dine my Way" option but it isn't working.  I can open the portal and select evening and get the message "We have no reservations at this time".  Check back later.

Maybe it is working and there are no advance reservation time slots left.

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

you can still just turn up but that is a high traffic time 

Depends on the particular cruise. It certainly is not a high traffic time for European cruises. Why eat when the sun is still out, and you can be drinking cocktails ? It's the best part of the day, and you don't want to waste it, sitting inside.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Sounds like pre-DMW you arrived at the MDR at 5:45 to 6:15. Can't you still do that? Just show up when you want to?

Yes, you can. Suppose we will find out once voyages begin how easy or difficult it would be to be seated by just showing up. I think in the North American market tables for walk ups will be very limited between 5 and 7pm. After 7 and the later you show the better your chances for a table. If you are in the Europe or South America market it will be more demand for the later reservation times. Walk ins will still have the question regarding which DR to select, mid ship deck 5 or 6 or aft deck 6. Will the head waiters have access to available tables in all 3? Will there be a central desk that has this access? 

47 minutes ago, skynight said:

Walk ins will still have the question regarding which DR to select, mid ship deck 5 or 6 or aft deck 6. Will the head waiters have access to available tables in all 3? Will there be a central desk that has this access? 

I suppose that when you are ready to go to eat, you can use the medallion to make an immediate reservation in whichever MDR has availability?  

29 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I suppose that when you are ready to go to eat, you can use the medallion to make an immediate reservation in whichever MDR has availability?  

your device

ship monitor

cabin TV

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just like many of the theme parks, I'm sure they will eventually show wait times at the dining rooms and enable you to get in line virtually, notifying you when your table is ready. Will be interesting to see how the head waiters and Maitre'd embrace(or not) the technology.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dbld777 said:

Just like many of the theme parks, I'm sure they will eventually show wait times at the dining rooms and enable you to get in line virtually, notifying you when your table is ready. Will be interesting to see how the head waiters and Maitre'd embrace(or not) the technology.

Actually, this "virtual queue" is already up and running on P&O.