Decided cruising is going to start so booked 16 cruises

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Percentages are in upper ranges.😉

'Majority here follows the science'

'We were first to shutdown'

Apologies if I misunderstood your comments

Nothing new...you tend to often...and I've come to expect it.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

*Warning, dark humor ahead*

Why are so many people, especially retirees, booking 10, 15, 20 cruises? To see some of the comments people post on Cruise Critic, all of the cruise lines are going to go out of business by the end of the year because some unvaccinated child on the 1st cruise in July is going to spread Covid all across the ship and the CDC will stop cruising forever.

Yes, I'm being sarcastic, but I literally see this every day about how a superspreader event is just SURE to happen. Who wants to tie up $20,000 in cruises that, allegedly, aren't going to happen, anyway?

The delusional people are spending all that money on cruises.

11 hours ago, Karter said:

I apologize for being insensitive to the financial environment and the struggles some families are dealing with due to Covid. I was trying to show that cruising is a great value compared to other vacation options. We live in Florida and to see what it costs for a family of 4 to go to one of the theme parks for a day amazes me. 

If it wasn't for the double points and my wife's desire to get to pinnacle I would not have booked so many at once. But of course we love cruising and it is still a great value. Plus as other posters have said you can't take it with you and you only live once.

We are avid savers and spend very little on other things so we can cruise and this is an anomaly for us. 

I'm happy for you! People spend money in different ways. I know a man who claims he makes $100k/year, but he blows his money on restaurants, beer, cigarettes, vehicles, etc. You handled your affairs wisely -- time to enjoy ! 

23 hours ago, yogimax said:

Don't lump us in with this category.  Some of the most boring types are those who have nothing to talk about except their past and future cruises.  We avoid them whenever we can.

Now cats, that's another story!

My wife and I used to take stray cats off the Canarsie streets,clean and feed them and give them away to people who promised to give them good lives.This was in the 60’s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have been on 21 over the last 27 years,5 different cruise lines.

6 cruise lines in 32 years

Didn't even enjoy our first Royal cruise.

Took 6 years to try them a second time.

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife and I used to take stray cats off the Canarsie streets,clean and feed them and give them away to people who promised to give them good lives.This was in the 60’s.

You know what's funny. I may have learned more about NYC neighborhoods these last several months than you know about FL.🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Maybe you could be more clear in the future😉

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Maybe you could be more clear in the future😉

Thanks...I'll aspire to your criteria in the future :classic_laugh:

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think I'm about as good as I could do. If I booked a better deal but costs me more to get there I've kinda decided no. Like new orleans is often cheaper but hotels and parking is more and its twice as far. Tampa had some deals etc. I'm to the pt driving less even paying a tad more is preferred.

I do have several below 100 a day. Im ready. I need a break from my family at times lol. I dont dislike them, but at their age they can be trying. Ha. Improves my temperament to take breaks

I don't include air fare, because 99% of the time I fly Southwest with points, and I leave out the $12 roundtrip cost.  As a matter of fact I did some serious looking at the cruises out of Barbados.  But, the air from CA was not only expensive, but arduous. So, I didn't book any.

6 cruise lines in 32 years

Didn't even enjoy our first Royal cruise.

Took 6 years to try them a second time.

Our first cruise was in 1973.My wife did not like cruising.Our second cruise was in 1994 .She did not like the ship.She loved the third cruise and we began to cruise yearly.

You know what's funny. I may have learned more about NYC neighborhoods these last several months than you know about FL.🤣🤣

I know things about Fla just not from a geographical point of view.I have a friend who has the same last name as your Governor .

19 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

I'm happy for you! People spend money in different ways. I know a man who claims he makes $100k/year, but he blows his money on restaurants, beer, cigarettes, vehicles, etc. You handled your affairs wisely -- time to enjoy ! 

Did he go into politics ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I know things about Fla just not from a geographical point of view.I have a friend who has the same last name as your Governor .

You definitely win the award for the most name dropping

• Like 1