Decided cruising is going to start so booked 16 cruises

45 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife and I used to take stray cats off the Canarsie streets,clean and feed them and give them away to people who promised to give them good lives.This was in the 60’s.

You're kidding!  So did we.  We lived in Canarsie from 1971-1977.  People dropped cats off on our front  porch, we adopted some and found homes for dozens.  We lived on Conklin and 93rd.

12 minutes ago, yogimax said:

You're kidding!  So did we.  We lived in Canarsie from 1971-1977.  People dropped cats off on our front  porch, we adopted some and found homes for dozens.  We lived on Conklin and 93rd.

Do you remember that you and I and Giants fan discussed living in Canarsie once.He and I exchanged e-mail addresses and found out that we know some of the same people.

We lived in Canarsie from 1967 -2003 ,3 different locations.

Those that have all those cruises booked good for you but thats not us.

The world has changed and so has cruising for now.

So we have a 1 cruise booked this year but probably going to cancel and go to Hawaii for the week and rent a condo or house

With airfaire so cheap from Ca its about the same price and dont have all the drama. 

Just waiting for Hawaii to let us fully vaccinated people in

I spent most of last year in Lake Tahoe avoiding Covid (hence not being on CC)

so maybe a couple USA road trips would be nice this year. Maybe a SF Giants road trip, as well, to stadiums we havnt been to yet

Now we do have 2 next cruises that have to be used by Nov 2022 so we are trying to plan for that

we will book the Nav once things open up more but not in any rush. Or maybe the Ovation TP who knows

Edited by jonbgd

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I worked on my long time job (25)years I had 5 weeks vacation at the  20 th.year and beyond.

Well unfortunately for me I was at that point last year before I lost my job after working 24 yrs for the same company. Company filed bankruptcy. It didn't have anything to do with covid. Now at 60 I have to start from scratch. I will be retired before I accumulate any lengthy vacation time.

1 hour ago, pcur said:

I don't include air fare, because 99% of the time I fly Southwest with points, and I leave out the $12 roundtrip cost.  As a matter of fact I did some serious looking at the cruises out of Barbados.  But, the air from CA was not only expensive, but arduous. So, I didn't book any.

I had sw pts piling up and finally cashed them out for gift cards and switched cards so now I pay for whatever flight, or gas to drive and usually a hotel the night before and parking. Lol it all counts to me. I got 1 carnival vista sept I think is a go that I have 750 obc to spend so cancels out? Going to be fun to spend all that obc by myself. Then 10 rcl. Next rcl is dec 2021 on liberty and will hopefully enjoy the xmas decorations. I sure hope we all can get back to cruising here. Back to cruising talk. 

12 hours ago, CaroleC said:

I always forget how little vacation time working Americans are given. I have 18 years service with the NHS and get 33 days plus 8 bank holidays per annum. As I don’t work weekends this amounts to 8 weeks and a day. Sometimes it’s great to be British! 😁

Though the average leave in UK is between 20 and 25 days a year plus the 8 Bank Holidays.  My last job I was at for 17 years and had the maximum entitlement of 23 days. But due to shift work I only needed 4 days leave to get a total of 8 days off.

Working in the public sector the leave entitlement is often more generous. 

15 hours ago, CaroleC said:

I always forget how little vacation time working Americans are given. I have 18 years service with the NHS and get 33 days plus 8 bank holidays per annum. As I don’t work weekends this amounts to 8 weeks and a day. Sometimes it’s great to be British! 😁

You know the London Underground staff get 45 days paid leave a year.

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Apparently you are the only one fascinated by Mario.

To be fair, given the number of threads and posts on CC about Mario, it seems others also have some fascination with him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

To be fair, given the number of threads and posts on CC about Mario, it seems others also have some fascination with him.

Not nearly to the same extent.  It’s one thing to ask a single question.  Ace is well beyond that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have been to many Costco’s

I have never been to a Costco.  But why is this important???  Who cares where anyone has been unless you're talking about cruise destinations?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

Goodness this thread went downhill quickly 😳

Ahh.  You noticed that too?   So this really isn't supposed to be a fun, informative forum for cruise discussions?

Why can't people just be nice and respectful for a change?

13 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

Ahh.  You noticed that too?   So this really isn't supposed to be a fun, informative forum for cruise discussions?

Why can't people just be nice and respectful for a change?

Some people just like the sound of their own voices way too much and are happy to spout opinions/random facts about their lives regardless of whether they are cruise related or not 🙄

17 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

My plan is to retire at 60.  That's 5 years from now.  Until then I plan to do at least 4  cruises per year.  2 week long and 2 short ones. In retirement I'm going to strive for 100 days a year on a ship.  If I could do more I would.

I retired in 2020 at age 60. Good timing huh?  We had plans for several b2b cruises as DH has a ton of leave and can bank comp time so even though he's not retired, he was going to be able to go as much as we wanted.  He'll retire around age 66, so just over two years from now.  Right now we're at the beach and have been all week. It's our third full week in the last 10 months that we've been here.  It's not a cruise, but we're looking out the balcony door at the ocean.  Just saw a pelican fly by.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, BND said:

I retired in 2020 at age 60. Good timing huh?  We had plans for several b2b cruises as DH has a ton of leave and can bank comp time so even though he's not retired, he was going to be able to go as much as we wanted.  He'll retire around age 66, so just over two years from now.  Right now we're at the beach and have been all week. It's our third full week in the last 10 months that we've been here.  It's not a cruise, but we're looking out the balcony door at the ocean.  Just saw a pelican fly by.

My plan was May 2021, just after the yearly bonus after my 65th birthday.  Covid put paid too that, no bonus and no job,  but a nice little payout that more than makes up for it . But like you, retired now but nowhere to go....

1 hour ago, BND said:

That sounds lovely. Congratulations on your retirement. 

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

And they threatened to strike on the 2012 games.

Should have had their annual leave entitlement reduced by half just for threatening that! 😁

Edited by CaroleC
  • Haha 1